[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline HobbyistTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia
Referrals: 0

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: May 01, 2010, 06:41:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

I still keeping a very open mind about dowsing, mainly because we do not know the full capabilities of the human brain, psyche and body. However, the capabilities of certain dowsers may be suspect.

Every so often, I'm called in to an "unproductive" dig site without much prior information. When I rolled up to this site in my truck full of detectors and other electronic gear, I was told that the landowner had detected (with 2 L-rods Shocked) some gold under his floor. He had shut down the shop and broken through the cement in search of the indicated target.

There I was in front of a hole, surrounded by landowner, his family and friends and curious clan members, all expecting me to validate and vindicate the landowner's dowsing abilities. With ever sentence uttered by the dowser-landowner, the crowd would chorus "Yes!" and "Correct!" in the Malay language.

I politely asked the landowner how he was so sure there was gold there, and immediately noticed angry looks and frowns appear in the crowd. I may have just doubtfully questioned their messiah! The landowner looked at me in the eye and said that it was because he could make the L-rods turn to any gold object in the vicinity and while he had yet to find any gold in that hole, he just wanted me to pinpoint the exact location of the gold, as there may be "other forces in the hole" which were disrupting his powers and moving the target. Hooboy! I noticed several members of the crowd muttering among themselves. The crowd could turn into a kaffir-lynching mob if I were to detect the hole and find nothing.

Thinking fast, I strapped on a headlamp and popped down for a look. There was nothing there but naturally-occurring soil horizons. The crowd would not like to hear that. Emerging from the hole, I felt the weight of many pairs of eyes on me. I had to say something to get me out of that place. Turning to the landowner and dusting myself off, I told him that maybe, just MAYBE he had dowsed fine gold particles in the soil, and my detectors were not capable of picking up individual fine particles of gold. Smiles appeared all around, and I saw relief in the landowner's face as he shook my hand. As I excused myself and walked out of the shop, a voice in the crowd said, "Tunggu apa lagi? Bawalah dulang!" (What are you waiting for? Bring the gold pans!). I wonder if they're still panning away today? :Smiley

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14060.msg89275.html#msg89275

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

DSCN4553.jpg

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline Cornelius
Silver Member

marching to the beat of a different drummer
Thank you33

Activity
0%

Netherlands

4895.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2010, 07:22:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

This must have happened in Malaysia or Indonesia because you use the Malay language and not the Philipino language .  Cornelius

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14060.msg89280.html#msg89280

Offline HobbyistTopic starter
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2010, 07:43:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

It did happen in Malaysia, Cornelius. But you'd be surprised at the number of Pinoys in Zamboanga city who can speak Malay nowadays.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14060.msg89281.html#msg89281

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
73%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 07:45:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It never ceases to amaze me what lengths some people will go too when the fever hits (though I should be careful how loudly I say that)

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,14060.msg89397.html#msg89397

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: