[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline art3811Topic starter
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: August 08, 2006, 04:51:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I never thought much about how I hold my Dowsing Rods. This is how I hold them. I place the top part of the handle in the crease of the big knuckle of my index finger about a 1/2 inch from the bend of the rod. I place the lower part of the rod in the crease that goes all the way thought my hand. I close my hand lightly with my thumb touching the nail of my index finger. Now move your arm back and forth. The rod should move freely....I thought everyone had wire coat hangers until someone e-mailed me and ask where they could buy them. Just go to an auto shop or about anywhere they wear uniforms.

To make the L rods cut two hangers at the neck and straighten them. Make the handles 5" long and the long side 17"making sure that the handles are free of the old bends. Remember that these L Rods are not very sensitive but will react to a lot of different objects.

RECEIVING RODS
The first step is to simply take the receiving rods in your hands. Feel them: look at them: and get used to them. Outside is best for practice but inside will work. Hold the receiving rods in front of you-chest high-about 18" apart at the same height, parallel to each other and to the ground. It is best if one of the rods is one inch above the other so they won't touch each other when they cross.
The most important thing for you to do is practice a lot. Expect the rods to feel clumsy at first; awkward. The wind may blow them around somewhat. Sometimes they will swing outward too far, but don't get discouraged because we all have gone through this experience. If the rods aren't level at all times or they move a bit, don't worry. It is not that critical. After you have some practice and start working with the system, you will be able to take a set of rods in your hands and make them work properly for you in the wind, dodging trees, rocks, or any obstacles you may encounter.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,104.msg395.html#msg395

Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 07:43:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

Now your ready to try some Dowsing. Locate your power line to your house either overhead or under ground. Slowly walk toward the lines with the rods open. Before you get to them the rods should close. Start walking again and the rods will open and close again after you go passed the lines.

Now stretch your garden hose out and turn the water on. Your rods should close when your heel is on the hose. Now get a good size piece of steel.( I use an old lawn mower blade ) Walk slowly toward the steel and again the rods should close when your heels are on the steel.

The power lines put out an oval signal where the hose and the steel put out straight lines. Some thing to remember is that there is random signal lines so if your rods should close when they should not just ignore them for now.
Now collect a large nut or bolt, a penny, nickel, quarter and a piece of gold. Find a place that is at least 15 feet square. Walk slowly around this area and see if the rods close. I use my driveway and I have a gold signal that crosses it.
Now put the nut or bolt in the center and walk slowly toward it. As you approach the target slide your feet an inch at a time. When the rods close completely your heels will be on or beside the target. Repeat with the other objects. The rods should close on all these objects.
Now tape a penny at the end of each rod with masking tape. Start with the nut or bolt and do as before. The rods should close only on the penny.

OK so far we know you can find a penny. Now put the penny in the center. Slowly walk a square starting in the north or south direction about 10 feet from the penny. When the rods start to cross you may have to change direction so they cross equal. Now drop one rod to your side and see where the other one points. Now drop that rod and move the other one up.

They should have both pointed at the penny. Mark the spot and continue your square. You should have marked 4 spots. These spots you marked should be North , South , East and West

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,104.msg403.html#msg403

Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 05:08:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Once you find a signal line you have to follow it to your target. Find a large area ( thirty plus feet.) that has no random signal lines. Place your target in the center. Walk your square as far away from the target as you can. When the rods cross mark the spot. Get a string, fishing line or a rope and put it from your marked spot to the target. To Practice?.From the marked spot walk an S pattern toward the target noting that the rods close each time you cross the line. The rods will cross when you get to the target. The signal line will pass thought the target and keep going. To check that you have not passed the target square your body to the signal line. The rods will be closed. Drop the rod that is closest to the target to your side. The other rod should point to the target. If it moves the other way you have went passed the target. This will work no matter which hand you drop. Hope this helps someone

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,104.msg419.html#msg419

Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2006, 06:38:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Who is this Art that keeps putting this stuff on this thread. In 1980 my job dried up. I worked a few jobs but to stay in my field I had to work 100's of miles from home. I did not want to live in these areas. I had been a weekend miner for many years so I became a full time Gold Dredger. I made my living that way until 1999 when a health problem stopped me from diving.

I continued to seek gold on the banks. I had some equipment that required the use of Dowsing Rods. I wasn't doing to good with the rods. In 2002 we purchased a computer for our grandson as it seem that his teachers preferred for him to copy and print his homework from the internet.

I started to post question and got called all kinds of names. I am a very stubborn person. I read between the lines and started to do a lot of test with my dowsing rods. 2004 was a good year with the rods as I recovered almost 3 pounds of gold. I'm still learning but I believe that the information I have should be passed on so others don't have to read between the lines.

Everything I write is how it works for me. Will it work for you ? The answer is I don't know. If you think positive it is a big help. The rods may work different and you may have to make some adjustments but I think the basic's are posted....Art

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,104.msg451.html#msg451

Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 11:00:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

For the new dowser I think it is important to be accurate with the rods. What the rods are made of and what kind of handles and how long they are is important. The most important thing to me is body position. You need to find a repeatable body position so that when you are on the target and the rods are crossed you can mark it.

When I noticed that I was digging some big holes to get a little gold I decided to work on the problem. The first thing I did was place a silver dollar on the floor. I put the heel of my boot on it and held my rods out and they only closed part way. I moved my arms back and forth and the rods opened and closed. I moved my hands in and out and they opened and closed.

So...I found a position for my arms with my hands 1 inch wider than the rod length. The position I chose was my arms at shoulder height and out as far as I could push them. I could repeat this position every time. I decided that I would use the front 1/2 inch of my left heel as my marking spot as I could reach it without hurting my back to much. I then started using a dime as my target.

The next step was to trim my rods so they were crossed and locked when my heel was on my spot and my arms and hands were in position. I cut my rods a little at a time until I was close to having a lock. Then I used a file until they locked.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,104.msg519.html#msg519

Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 01:26:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have a little parlor trick for you. Wrap a dollar bill on the end of each rod. Hold them on with rubber bands. Throw a dollar on the floor and give the rods a try. Didn't think they would close did you. Pick up the dollar and throw some coins down. See if the rods will close now. They stayed open !!!!!

This is one of many ways to discriminate with your rods.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,104.msg562.html#msg562

Offline Tim_Williams
As seen on the History Channel "Decoded"
Bronze Member

Arc-Geo Logger!
As seen on the History Channel "Decoded"
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

958.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2006, 03:23:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

Art hows your new generator working out?

Tim

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,104.msg579.html#msg579

Regards, Tim

Bringing metal detectors into the world of imaging!

Please Register or Login

Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2006, 06:25:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

Still waiting on it..Art

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,104.msg584.html#msg584

Offline Whitewolf
Copper Member

"Take everything and give nothing in return."
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

330.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Ace 250
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2007, 01:45:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks Art. I will try, try and try again.

Dennis

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,104.msg17251.html#msg17251

We come into life howling and covered in blood....the fun doesn't have to stop there.

Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you1

Activity
0%

1114.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2009, 04:07:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Christian ask me to post on here about Physical Dowsing. Physical Dowsing is what Dell told me I was doing years ago. I use natural signals that I can find in the cardinal direction from objects. I have developed my methods over the years and find that they work great. They do have some limits but finding stuff is not one of them. I know a lot of dowsers use this form of dowsing but we are rejected because it is not a pure form of dowsing. I also find that my method are the easiest methods to use with the black boxes.
So let me know if you want to talk about this subject. By the way?I have learned a lot about how to write my thoughts down on paper?Art

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,104.msg21163.html#msg21163

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.