[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline hardluckTopic starter
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: December 12, 2009, 06:40:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All

Here is some thing that might interest you all. As well as El Dorado being a popular belief to be a miss guided story about a gilded man.

El Dorado is applied to a legendary story in which precious stones were found in fabulous abundance along with gold coins. The concept of El Dorado underwent several transformations, and eventually accounts of the previous myth were also combined with those of the legendary city. The resulting El Dorado enticed European explorers for two centuries, and was eventually found to be in Colombia.

Among the earliest stories was the one told by Diego de Ordaz's lieutenant Martinez, who claimed to have been rescued from shipwreck, conveyed inland, and entertained by "El Dorado" himself (1531).

In 1540 Gonzalo Pizarro, the younger half-brother of Francisco Pizarro, was made the governor of the provenance of Quito in northern Ecuador. Shortly after taking lead in Quito, Gonzalo learned from many of the natives of a valley far to the east rich in both cinnamon and gold. He banded together 340 soldiers and about 4000 Indians in 1541 and led them eastward down the Rio Coca and Rio Napo. Francisco de Orellana, Gonzalo?s nephew, accompanied his uncle on this expedition.

Gonzalo quit after many of the soldiers and Indians had died from hunger, disease, and periodic attacks by hostile natives. He ordered Orellana to continue downstream, where he eventually made it to the Atlantic Ocean, discovering the Amazon (named Amazon because of a tribe of female warriors that attacked Orellana?s men while on their voyage.)

Other expeditions include that of Philipp von Hutten (1541?1545), who led an exploring party from Coro on the coast of Venezuela; and of Gonzalo Jim?nez de Quesada, the Governor of El Dorado, who started from Bogot? (1569).
Parime Lacus on a map by Hessel Gerritsz (1625). Situated at the west coast of the lake, the so called city Manoa or El Dorado

Sir Walter Raleigh, who resumed the search in 1595, described El Dorado as a city on Lake Parime far up the Orinoco River in Guyana. This city on the lake was marked on English and other maps until its existence was disproved by Alexander von Humboldt during his Latin-America expedition (1799?1804)

I propose a hypothetical question: I wonder if the Legends of city of El Dorado was based on the discoveries of Cusco royal palace draped in gold and silver that stunned the world in 1532?

And the map Parime Lacus on a map by Hessel Gerritsz (1625). Situated at the west coast of the lake, the so called city Manoa or El Dorado is a poor stylised map leading from north east Guyana to Cusco Peru in the west

Perhaps Cusco was the mythical city and the lake Parime Lacus it was near was actually Lake Titicaca?

Food for thought.

Hardluck  Huh?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9936.msg62501.html#msg62501

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

769px-Guaiana_ofte_de_Provincien_tusschen_Rio_de_las_Amazonas_ende_Rio_de_Yuiapari_ofte_Orinoque sm.jpg

Offline Rattlesnake Joe
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

965.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 250 ace,  Whites DI Pro,  Fisher two box
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 05:14:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I thought the story of El Dorado was that of the Gilded Man.  The story told of a King that was adorned with Gold dust and taken out in the middle of a lake.  A ceremony occured and then he jumped in the lake.  The tribe did this every year for a very loooong time.  So treasure hunters figured there was a lot of Gold dust at the bottom of that lake...but where was the lake?  Everybody went looking but nobody ever found it...perhaps it was just a good story?  Or maybe not because I remember watching a TV show "In Search Of'" with Leonard Nemoy as narrator back in the 70's.  His adventures told of someone finding a lake that was all bottled up with a natural dam, so they dug a hole or trench and let the water out...I can't remember if they found Gold or not, its been too many years and I don't remember.  But I do recall that the lake was in the jungle far from Cuzco.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9936.msg100097.html#msg100097

Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 06:55:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Rattlesnake Joe

The wonderful gilded man story is the official historical and archeological view of the El Dorado legend. Which may be the real story behind the myth. However that conclusion contradicts their own scientific principles because they overlook the very early accounts mentions a city. early 15th century maps that were highly stylized and not very accurate depicts a city of gold. They have based their conclusion based on an assumption. That they have merged the golden man legend with the El Dorado Legend.

Historians and Archeologists have not understood the ramification on the imaginations of the conquistadors when they entered Cuzco in 1534 after the capture of the Inca Emperor. They found a temple coated in gold sheets, images of corn animals in full size statues made from gold. Knowledge of this leaked out and eventually became the myth of the city of gold we hear today.

There are other regions that can also claim to be the mythical El Dorado. like in Columbia lake Gautavita, Northern Peru, Ecuador, upper Amazon, Venezuela. However it would be almost impossible to discover or prove the real place that was the inspiration of the legend.

The official version to me has fatal flaws that contradicts the very things that they preach. History and archeologists do not always get everything right?

The real location for the inspiration of the legend may never be known and that what makes the legend so interesting and open to speculation.

Hardluck.  Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9936.msg100118.html#msg100118

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 09:19:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hello Rattlesnake and hardluck,
 the lake was real, May have been lake Titicaca? many gold artifacts were found and attempts to drain the lake failed. A big cut was made to drain the lake but it didnt work out. From what i can remember of the ledgend, I think it was Pizzaro or one of the conquestadors got word of the golden city and held the Inca king for ransom. He got about a whole room full of goodies and had alot of it melted down! But that wasnt enuf the Aztex/ Inca knew there would be no pleasing this guy and probly didnt want to give away all their goodies. So the king was killed. A big shame about this was all the knowledge that was lost and destroyed during the conquest. Many good treasure legends are in this area, one i remember reading some time back was of a lost emerald field, Emeralds were scattered all over the ground ! but when returning to the area none could be found.
  Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9936.msg100144.html#msg100144

Offline Rattlesnake Joe
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

965.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 250 ace,  Whites DI Pro,  Fisher two box
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 12:39:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

Howdy goldnboy and hardluck,  Peru is a very strange place.  There use to be tunnels under the city and people would go in and never come out again.  An army unit went in to explore the tunnels and they never came out either.  So the government covered up all the tunnels blasting them with explosives.  But every so often someone would be using some heavy equipment and hit the top of one of these tunnels.  When the government found out they would fill in the hole with cement.  There have been reports that Gold was found in these tunnels.  Years back I was listening to Coast to Coast AM radio program and a doctor while out hiking with his wife while on vacation from the states found a hole in a stream bed.  The sand was draining into this hole.  He looked into the hole and saw that it was a tunnel.  He went and got a flashlight and came back and explored a little bit and found evidence of man and dinosaurs living at the same time.  I listened to that program every night for years and not another mention was made about.  I contacted a friend of the doctors and he said, " If that story was true my friend would have told me all about it and he didn't, so you must have heard wrong".  I didn't hear wrong and I think someone got to them and told them to keep their mouths shut or else.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9936.msg100168.html#msg100168

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 01:15:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

I was going to mention tunnels in my earlier post. I have read about them as well as other mysteries in South America. From my memory i thought that they were located further north in southern america, but i can remember exactly. They were supposedly in the jungle and went for miles, with openings along the ceilingm for ventilation. If someone can find these tunnels, there may be other rewards in the underground waiting to be discovered   Cool

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9936.msg100171.html#msg100171

Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 04:56:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Goldnboy and Rattlesnake Joe

In regards to Subterranean tunnels here is a picture of one under Cusco.

Please Register or Login

http://thunting.com/smf/eldorado_aztec_inca_gold/the_treasure_of_cusco-t9154.0.htm

Hardluck  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9936.msg100193.html#msg100193

Offline Lei
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

India

30.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Safari 4.0
Safari 4.0

Awards

nothing
« Reply #7 on: February 29, 2016, 10:25:06 am »
Go Up Go Down

Anybody plize upload more pixel is map i have some clue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9936.msg309848.html#msg309848

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 6.3
Windows NT 6.3
Firefox 44.0
Firefox 44.0

Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 29, 2016, 10:37:19 am »
Go Up Go Down

Take your pick.   

Please Register or Login

https://www.google.com/search?q=map+Parime+Lacus+on+a+map+by+Hessel+Gerritsz+%281625%29.&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiEq5Tfs53LAhWhuoMKHWCgDBsQ7AkIJw&biw=1366&bih=657

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9936.msg309849.html#msg309849

Offline Lei
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

India

30.00 Gold
View Inventory
Linux
Linux
Safari 4.0
Safari 4.0

Awards

nothing
« Reply #9 on: February 29, 2016, 11:07:54 am »
Go Up Go Down

Some body plise help me translate what is meaning of peru?

Posted on: February 29, 2016, 10:53:00 am
Somebody help me to translate peru in colomdia language?Huh?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9936.msg309851.html#msg309851

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: