[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline hardluckTopic starter
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: November 05, 2009, 07:39:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello all

Here is some thing that might be of interest.

The lost City of the Cloud People

In the Jungle covered mountains of the eastern ranges in the North of Peru shrouded in the mists of time there are reports filtering out about an amazing discovery. That may be the answer to a riddle that has plagued historians and archeologists for decades.

When people think of Peru they at first naturally think of the Incas. Term Inca is a very misleading name because. Inca means Ruler. The Inca Empire invaded and destroyed by the Spanish in 1532 was only an empire for a little over a hundred years. Other cultures have come and gone due to climatic changes, disease and war etc. Some were defeated by the Inca Empire.

In the 16th century early Spanish writers mentioned that there was a race of light skinned people that lived in eastern Ranges of Northern Peru in a region known as the cloud Forrest. They eagerly became allies the Spanish because of their deep hatred of the Incas. The Cloud people had an empire of their own that was destroyed by the Inca Empire.

The Spanish Chroniclers reported that the women from that region were highly prized by the Inca rulers because of their fair skin who wore a type of turban on their head. However their association with the Spanish has disastrous results as European diseases followed the Spaniards and diseases and wiped out the Cloud people.

And so the cloud people, their culture there history and their cities were swallowed up by the Jungles Of eastern Peru with the mists of time keeping their secrets for a few centuries until now.

The 20th century spawned a whole host of new age adventurers roaming the Andes looking for lost cities. One of these explorers was Gene Savoy who was credited in discovering the lost last Inca capital Vilacabamba in 1964. However he in his later life funded and promoted many expeditions to search for lost ruins in Peru. He did not discriminate on who he would take on expedition as long as they had money.

Gene later in life became more and more convinced that there was a lost race from the old world. As he grew older his views became a little more erratic. He was often criticized by the archeological society because of his entrepreneurship and willingness to non exclusive on who he took to these isolated ruins.

There are claims that he revealed the presence of lost cities to the world that left these sites unprotected and open to looters. Before the archeological institutions could research excavate and find funds to restore preserve and protect these valuable cultural sites.

Gene on information from various sources discovered from a story of two brothers that discovered some ruins to the Eastern Andes in the Cloud Forrest. Some items began to appear on the black market that we quite different for the usual pre Columbian artifacts. With this evidence Gene led and expedition and discovered at vast city in the overgrown jungles. Not just one city but several smaller towns as well and some already had been found by professional looters.

He believed that the City he found was Gran Patiti City of gold and the region had many smaller satellite towns around it. Archeologists following in his foot steps with under funded projects never fully accredited him of this discovery. Perhaps we can put this down to internal politics of the country, as the fledgling Peruvian ministry of culture was struggling cope financially with all the discoveries and the costs in preserving theses newly found sites.

Even now there have been very few photographs of these ruins. The Peruvian ministry of culture is struggling to properly excavate these sites, to conserve and protect them from looters. However with the limited resources they have tried to stem the flow of information to the outside world. A couple of press releases have slipped out in the last few years.

Who knows what treasures these sites will contain? Dr Kaufman Doig has worked extensively on the burial sites in cliffs of the Cloud People. But much more is needed to uncover the vast city buried in the forests of the Eastern Andes.

Interesting enough this amazing discovery of the lost city of the Cloud Forrest has fueled some wild theories that speculated that the Cloud People were originally from the old world. And some researchers will point out about a possible link with the alleged finds in Ecuador of gold objects collected by Father Crispi that came to light in 1960s-1970?s. The objects were alleged to have discovery from a series of caves in the Tayos region.

These artifacts have strange old world marking quite different to the native style of art. Are the artifacts in Ecuador connected to this lost city of the cloud people? It will all depend on the discoveries found in the lost City of the Cloud people. Work is sadly still waiting to be done to excavate this amazing lost city.

hardluck  Wink

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9148.msg57288.html#msg57288

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

2769358930105101600S600x600Q85.jpg
image.axd.jpg

« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 07:46:05 pm by hardluck »
Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 09:48:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by hardluck
Hello all

Here is some thing that might be of interest.

The lost City of the Cloud People

hardluck  Wink

Very interesting... I Have watched some video on these (Chachamoya?) people and seen some of the cliff burials.... all very interesting. The Chachamoya were reputed to be very fierce fighters that took the Incas a very long time to subdue, especially because of their walled villages.

Were  you aware the Cherokee wore a kind of  turban, or what could be called turban?

The Iroquoian/Utan languages are linguistically related to the *Aztecan/Incan* languages and Cherokee is a subset, of these.

Cherokee were also considered to be *fair* as referenced to other natives. Is there a connection here?

I will have to show you a photo of my Cherokee great grandma.  Grin

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9148.msg57302.html#msg57302

goldigger

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2009, 10:43:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

That 2nd picture is something. It's real and from that culture? I'm not doubting it - more exclamation than a question, actually.

Cliff burials - what's that? I know about Tibetan sky burials on high peaks. Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9148.msg57436.html#msg57436

« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 11:01:04 pm by Sue »
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2009, 11:16:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Gold digger and Sue

Goldigger:

I think you might be right about a possible link. I have never bought into the argument that People from the old world colonized some parts of South America. The wheel was invented in the old world thousands of years ago. If settlers in the past came from the old world they would of brought that technology and knowledge of it with them.There is no evidence of that concept in any of the cultures in south America.

So your theory about a possible connection with Cherokee could very well be true.

Sue:

They are very strange aren't they!

That is one of the reasons I fell in love with Peru. Everywhere you travel in Peru you will find amazing things and places.

They are actually sarcophagus made of clay and sticks and stones painted with what appears to be with red ocher? The Mummified remains are inside them they are only of one of two cultures in South America who had this style of burial.

Here is another site below.

hardluck  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9148.msg57440.html#msg57440

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

peru_s80.jpg

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 11:42:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Actual sarcophagus - ah ok mummified remains inside and on the cliffs. I'm following along on this thread better now. That 2nd picture is even more strikingly unusual - hope it's not going to be in my dreams later on this evening  Shocked That's one of the oddest things I've ever seen. Surely they are protected from the elements to last that long. Those body shapes were nicely decorated - it's those heads / faces. I really like this kind of stuff - just joking about dreams - I wouldn't mind venturing there at all. Thanks for sharing these cool things. Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9148.msg57451.html#msg57451

« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 11:44:11 pm by Sue »
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 11:57:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Sue

When I first saw them many years ago I thought they were totem like statues for ancestor worship. They are kind of creepy when you first see them.

There are two other counties I have found some things similar. In the highlands of New Guinea and in Malaysia.

Sweet Dreams.

Hardluck.  Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9148.msg57454.html#msg57454

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2009, 05:52:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by hardluck
Hello Gold digger and Sue

Goldigger:

I think you might be right about a possible link. I have never bought into the argument that People from the old world colonized some parts of South America. The wheel was invented in the old world thousands of years ago. If settlers in the past came from the old world they would of brought that technology and knowledge of it with them.There is no evidence of that concept in any of the cultures in south America.

So your theory about a possible connection with Cherokee could very well be true.

Sue:

They are very strange aren't they!

That is one of the reasons I fell in love with Peru. Everywhere you travel in Peru you will find amazing things and places.

They are actually sarcophagus made of clay and sticks and stones painted with what appears to be with red ocher? The Mummified remains are inside them they are only of one of two cultures in South America who had this style of burial.

Here is another site below.

hardluck  Wink

If we get into THEORIES, it may turn into a book!

Actually, it is my theory that many native groups traveled north, with the glacial retreat. This would account for the uniformity of the various Algonkian languages, including those as far south as Florida.

I have noticed a few words of Quechua that are similar to Nehiyaw (Cree,) in this area. But Nehiyaw has a LOT of words similar to just about any Indo-Aryan language, so that may be co-incidental.

I do know the *sound* of Quechua is like the *sound* of several Algonkian languages, in general and this may mean something.... not sure what.  Lips Sealed

I like those pictures, though, because all I have seen are those where the clay has eroded and there is just the mummy remaining. These look almost fresh!  Shocked

Sue, just remember, these guys are long gone and can not harm you... if you dream of them.  Shocked

For me, it would be worse to live in a house with mummies under the floor! Like in Chile.  Grin

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9148.msg57800.html#msg57800

goldigger

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2009, 06:47:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

"Actually, it is my theory that many native groups traveled north, with the glacial retreat."

Hardluck, Just read, a couple of days ago, about this tool being found in some caves near coastal Oregon. They"ve carbon dated it to 14,230 years ago so those early human inhabitants of N America predated the Clovis, who arrived here, supposedly, by crossing the Bering Strait 12000 or so years ago. The article says they think they came from the south, along the coast, so that agrees with your theory that people migrated north.

Please Register or Login

http://chattahbox.com/science/2009/11/06/oregon-caves-yield-rare-pre-clovis-artifact-14230-years-old/

Mummys below the floor would be something. I"ve had some realistic treasure hunting dreams so it wouldn"t been totally off the charts to mingle with those clay figures.  Smiley Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9148.msg57812.html#msg57812

« Last Edit: November 09, 2009, 06:49:54 pm by Sue »
Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2009, 07:24:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Sue
"Actually, it is my theory that many native groups traveled north, with the glacial retreat."

Hardluck, Just read, a couple of days ago, about this tool being found in some caves near coastal Oregon. They"ve carbon dated it to 14,230 years ago so those early human inhabitants of N America predated the Clovis, who arrived here, supposedly, by crossing the Bering Strait 12000 or so years ago. The article says they think they came from the south, along the coast, so that agrees with your theory that people migrated north.

Please Register or Login

http://chattahbox.com/science/2009/11/06/oregon-caves-yield-rare-pre-clovis-artifact-14230-years-old/

Mummys below the floor would be something. I"ve had some realistic treasure hunting dreams so it wouldn"t been totally off the charts to mingle with those clay figures.  Smiley Sue

Actually that is not  Hardlucks theory, but mine.... goldigger.  Grin

I have not yet looked at the link, but I wanted to say that there is a new theory that the originators of the Clovis style point, actually crossed the Atlantic Ice shelf from Europe and equated to the Silurians, which disappeared from Europe about the same time.

What is different about the Clovis point is that it evolved from a harpoon-like weapon, where the point fitted (jammed into) a bone cylinder, which was on the tip of a (likely) wood shaft. Wood was scarce, and though flint was also scarce, it could be recovered from the game. This would be like a quick-load spear (or Atlatl.) The subsequent theory is that this technology crossed the continent, very rapidly, and swamped the micro-blade culture, totally replacing it and evolving into the modern points.

I have seen a couple of videos, on this, and you must keep in mind the Bering Strait cultures ONLY used micro blades, which were set in bone or wood, with resin.

I think there is a good argument, not proven, (neither are the other theories) for Silurians of 18,000 to 16,000 years ago, while the Ice still covered most of the N.Am. continent.  Kiss

There was some stuff excavated, here, at about 56 deg N, of Dene (?) type culture, that has been dated to about 10,000 years ago, yet the claim is that the Dene culture did not venture south, until about 6,000 years ago, after the two ice sheets disappeared.

There is a lot of argument, here, so that is why I say some could have ventured north, following the glacial retreat. Experts now say there have been several Ice-Ages and several influxes of people, form Siberia and BACK to Siberia! I am not an expert, only an avid reader and video viewer (couch spud?).... sometimes known as *armchair-expert.*  Shocked

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9148.msg57821.html#msg57821

goldigger

Offline Sue
Gold Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Female
United States

18259.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2009, 01:01:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

Actually that is not  Hardlucks theory, but mine.... goldigger. 

Sorry to add to the identity crisis you seem to be having on here. I was aware it was your post when I read it, but . . Sue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9148.msg57855.html#msg57855

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: