[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline PhillyJackTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

50.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 50.0
Firefox 50.0

Awards

White's
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2016, 12:04:05 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Gold Digger, I would agree with you that when it comes to the KGC that separating fact from fiction and reality from legend can be difficult.  This was a secret organization and not a large amount of documentation exists outside of some newspaper articles from the 1850s and 1860s.  KGC leader George Bickley was something of a showman and there were suspicions that his organization was nothing but a money making scheme from the start.

As for broken dreams and failed marriages, that has been the dark side of all treasure quests from Spanish gold to the Lost Dutchman's Mine.  Heck, we even have people losing their life now looking for Forrest Fenn's treasure!

The treasure in 1934 Baltimore was real.  Those boys found 5,000 gold coins.  The coins were turned over to authorities, cleaned, counted, submitted as evidence at trial, catalogued, and sold at auction.  Rarely has there ever been a better documented treasure.

And I can prove in Knights Gold that the owners of that treasure house had been connected to the most ardent of Southern sympathizers in Baltimore at that time, including J.W. Booth.  Two of these people were jailed by Lincoln for treason, and one joined the Confederate secret service and organized plots against the North from Montreal.  Another of this group ran an illegal African slave trading enterprise.  My research is solid.  You can look at the first five chapters at the Amazon preview.  This is a serious book written on serious research, and it crystallizes what was going on in Baltimore in the 1850s and 1860s as the nation plunged headlong into war.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,63732.msg315058.html#msg315058

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: