[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline AntonyTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Ukraine
Referrals: 0

1740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett ACE 250 + Nel Tornado, Minelab Golden Hawk, Explorer SE PRO
« on: June 20, 2012, 03:59:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

During last year's expedition, devoted to the Crimean War 1853 - 1856 years. I managed to find a meaningful settlement of the period of the Crimean Khanate (state ruled by Crimean Tatars). This is a very interesting place, especially for the ethnic history of my region.

Thanks to the collected materials can make the assumption that the settlement existed just over four centuries. The first finds were small silver coins of Sahib Giray I (1501-1551 AD), sixth Crimean Khan...  In the middle of the 16th century, Sahib, continuing domestic policy of his father Mengli Giray I (1445-1515 AD), and he led his people here. Thousands of Crimean Tatars are forced to settle, strongly encouraging the transition to a sedentary lifestyle. During this period, based most of the Crimean Tatar settlements. According to various sources the Crimean throne occupied from 44 to 48 khans, it is interesting that in our village have found a unique numismatic material for more than ten different rulers...

I think that is to say a few words about the socio-economic situation of the village during this period. The main branch of the local economy has remained familiar to the Tatars nomadic herding. Strengthening of feudal fragmentation and the introduction of new forms of land ownership forced the local population to look for new ways to improve their welfare. There are pockets of settled agriculture, developing crafts and trade. Found jewelry in silver and copper show a high professional level of Crimean jewelery craftsmen. Thanks to the Italian trading posts, products of local craftsmen has long enjoyed a tremendous demand, almost all over the world. Continuing the theme of foreign merchants in the Crimea, I want to mention another remarkable discovery. It is a copper coin minted in the 17th century one of the Venetian colony of Crete. This is not surprising, since trade relations maintained with Italy, Egypt, the Far and Middle East.
  The heterogeneity of the artifacts collected by me, in part, be explained Another important source of income of the local population, namely the slave trade. Countless military raids were Ukrainian, Russian, Polish, Moldavian land, until the second half of the 18th century. In 1783, the last Crimean khan Şahin Giray abdicated, and Crimea became part of the Russian Empire.

The Crimean War 1853 - 1856 years. was the last significant event in the history of the village. In the literature there is a perception that the Tatar officials, organized armed groups in the assistance to foreign invaders. The uprising failed. Crimean Tatars left the thousands, settling mainly in Turkey and the Dobrudja. The settlement was empty and had been forgotten...

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36821.msg226140.html#msg226140

There are 8 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

21.jpg
22.jpg
222148413.jpg
23.jpg
58902401.jpg
911316936.jpg
96461419.jpg
994456313.jpg

“Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart.” (Marcus Aurelius)

Offline wasted
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

80.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab 705 Dual
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 04:25:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi there

Thanks for the great story on your finds. I have never been out of Australia and our history is no where as old
as that of your home land . Being new to treasure hunting i am still getting info on where to look .
So far the beachs seem the best from what i read .

Regards Wasted

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36821.msg226141.html#msg226141

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Ukraine

1740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 05:24:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by wasted
Thanks for the great story on your finds. I have never been out of Australia and our history is no where as old as that of your home land . Being new to treasure hunting i am still getting info on where to look .So far the beachs seem the best from what i read .

As far as I know, Europeans first visited Australia in 1606. However, before the colonization about 250 tribes lived here. Australia was supposedly inhabited by 40 to 50 thousand years ago  Shocked... That's the real history!  Wink Lack of material culture, it is not a reason to ignore the past. Seek and ye shall find...
Thanks and good luck to you!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36821.msg226142.html#msg226142

“Accept the things to which fate binds you, and love the people with whom fate brings you together, but do so with all your heart.” (Marcus Aurelius)

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2012, 10:07:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Antony

Thank you for the interesting story and Photographs It looks like you have amazing history to follow up on in your part of the world.

HARDLUCK

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36821.msg239963.html#msg239963

Offline au fever
Mod
Silver Member

Thank you84

Activity
0%

Australia

3950.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites MXT Pro , minelab GPX 4000
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 12:05:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the history lesson and nice artifacts Antony , again your finds amaze us all . cheers Mick

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36821.msg239965.html#msg239965

Offline poptop
Silver Member

Wait for the beep!
Thank you45

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3000.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

ADSIII, ACE 250
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 05:00:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Very impressive finds AND history lessons. Do not be offended, you are very young (to a lot of us) but your writing shows a great maturity of thought. How did you come to be interested so deeply in your culture? It is a travesty that in America our schools lack the fortitude to 'really' teach such things.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36821.msg240001.html#msg240001

“Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act.”  ― Dietrich Bonhoeffer

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Ukraine

1740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2012, 05:31:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you friends for all your wishes! I am very grateful to you for your comments. In my case, I always remember most important rule: "Success doesn't come to you…you go to it". (Marva Collins). I wish you good luck!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36821.msg240005.html#msg240005

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2012, 06:24:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Antony

The crimean War had a far far more global imapct than just a regional war that what some historians imagine. It had far reaching implications that can be seen to todays in Australia. It forced the colonies of Australia to form thier thier own military. And numerous forts around Australia and gun emplacements were built around the country because of the unfounded fears of Russian naval attack.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36821.msg240012.html#msg240012

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Ukraine

1740.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2013, 06:57:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

Never before has the Australian newspapers did not write so much about Russia. However, the representation of Australians about Russia and Russian at the time were very vague.  The attack on Australia was impossible and because of its remoteness and the lack of sufficient resources in the Russian fleet. Therefore, during the war in the task of the Russian ships included only blocking trade routes of the enemy in the Pacific. The war has left a visible legacy. For example Fort Denison, built in the center of the Bay of Port Jackson during the Crimean War, became a symbol of the failed Australian-Russian relations. Alma and Balaclava towns exist in South Australia, Sevastopol in New South Wales, Lake Alma in South Australia. Rich in Russian names associated with the Crimean War, and Queensland name Alma here are at least eight towns, mountains, rivers. Meet and Inkerman, Balaclava, Ridge Malakhov. Add that Crimean names abound among the streets of Melbourne, Sydney, Perth and many other cities. For example, the eastern part of St Kilda in Melbourne, crossed by three major highways - Balaklava, Inkerman and Alma, and among them are the streets of Odessa, Crimea, two Alma, Sebastopol, Malakhov, and Alma Park. In the neighboring district of Caulfield, we again find the streets of Sevastopol, Malakhov, Crimea. Similar aggregations of Russian place names exist in other areas of Melbourne.

Posted on: January 07, 2013, 06:51:42 AM
Here I have touched on this topic

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/buttons/buttons_of_crimean_war-t36753.0.html;highlight=

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36821.msg247197.html#msg247197

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2013, 08:41:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Antony

Thanks for the link. Some interesting posts indeed. Another thing resulted from the Crimean war. Was the evolution of military hospitals and nursing of the wounded soldiers pioneered by Florence Nightingale.

I wish you well you seem to be doing fantastic research in your part of the world.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36821.msg247201.html#msg247201

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: