[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Rattlesnake Joe
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

965.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 250 ace,  Whites DI Pro,  Fisher two box
« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2010, 12:06:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Children...children it's time for your nap now.  But I will say that if it wern't for all our Dutch Uncles we wouldn't have the manners we do now ha.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8642.msg112554.html#msg112554

Offline Ex LibrisTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Netherlands

130.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Minelab Etrac, XP ADX 200, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tejon
« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2010, 12:17:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

True, time for some sleep. My reaction was maybe not correct, but I was just a bit sad that the post of my find became a NRA commercial.

Rob

BTW, drugs in my country are not legal

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8642.msg112555.html#msg112555

Offline Willieboy
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

101.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White XLT-E, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-pointer
« Reply #32 on: September 17, 2010, 11:15:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by BitburgAggie_7377
Willyboy, your attack on the Dutch is out of line and displays an ignorance of the history of both the Netherlands and of the United States of America.
   Not only do we in the United States owe a great debt to Dutch explorers of the New World, or at least to expeditions sponsored by the Dutch, but much of the historic American mercantile/capitalist system is pattern after the Dutch system of the seventeenth and early eighteenth century.   Further many of our political philosophies and principles can be found as underlying principles of the Dutch War of Independence from Spain.   In fact there is a very real possibility that Thomas Jefferson and his fellow framers of our Declaration of Independence drew heavily from the Dutch Act of Abjuration.
   The Netherlands also represented a safe haven and a model of religious tolerance that played a big role in the development of the  "American" concept of religous freedom.
    And that doesn't even take into account the contributions of citizens of the Netherlands in the fields of Art (remember Rembrandt?) and Science. 
    Nor should we forget the large numbers of American fliers of the Second World War who owe their lives and their freedom to members of the Dutch underground.
    You may choose to have your difference with the modern Dutch attitude, just as they are free to have their differences with ours, but please do not discount their historic contributions to our ideals and to our society.

BA

There is quite a difference between the American and Swiss situation. The Americans combine loads of weapons with a fascination of violence....

Rob.

I accept the rebuke since I too am a student of history and recognize the participation of the Dutch in historical context.  Please note that at that time they did not have the same attitude that was exibited here. But I do stand by my remark concerning the attitude that Rob displayed, which is common among some Europeans.

However it should also be noted that you chose to rebuke me for my remark but said nothing to Rob about starting the name caling.  I purposely waited to post an answer so these posts would be re-read with unbiased eyes since Rob started flinging the insults and I simply answered his remarks.

Bill

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,8642.msg116069.html#msg116069

Long time Picker, short time Detector.
White XLT-E, Garrett Ace 250, Pro-pointer, Tiller Mattock, Lots of Sweat

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4    Go Up
Jump to: