[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline NHBandit
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

115.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett GTAx1250
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2010, 07:28:25 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi guys. I'm new here but not new to this subject. Guns including machine guns are destroyed by various governments including our own everyday and what is normally destroyed beyond repair is the reciever if it's a rifle or a shotgun and the frame if it's a handgun (the part with the serial number). The rest of the parts can legally be sold as spare parts and even as "parts kits" which will be all the parts even sometimes including the cut pieces of the reciever. The normal method these days is to cut the reciever in at least 3 pieces usng a cutting torch so it can never be repaired. The old way was to use a chop saw but people were welding them back together. Completely legal new replacement recievers are sold by several companies and in the case of machine guns they are made so as to not allow the full automatic parts to be installed. Go to any good size gunshop and you will find semi auto AK47 rifles, AR15 rifles, etc. Alot of these have been made by rebuilding "destroyed" military surplus stuff. If you go to gunbroker.com and search "parts kits" you will find hundreds of these destroyed guns. Last time I checked we still had the right to bear arms in the good old USA.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5073.msg78108.html#msg78108

« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 07:30:13 pm by NHBandit »
Offline camino
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 01:14:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

My Father-in-law was part of a detail to destroy and dump Thompsons in the ocean during the Vietnam war.  They cut the reciever in thress places with a torch and threw the parts overboard,  all under the watchful eye of an officer.  He said, it broke his heart. 

PS He was in the Navy.  Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5073.msg99736.html#msg99736

Offline NHBandit
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

115.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett GTAx1250
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 04:43:21 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Here's an odd story regarding Thompson machine guns. We did exactly as you said and dumped ours in the ocean. However Thompson "parts kits" minus the recievers are availble right now for around 750 bucks. You can then legally reassemble them into a working semi auto using new US made semi only recievers or assemble them into "dummy" display guns using recievers that are made so they can not fire. The odd part of the story is where these cut up Thompsons are coming from. They are guns we gave to the Russians at the beginning of WWII and now they are being cut up and sold back to us.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5073.msg99773.html#msg99773

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2010, 07:43:13 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Anything Chopped and blocked would be a shame.

We all know what salt water does to things.

But if  I found and thing with usable parts, I would be on it like white on Rice!   Wise

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5073.msg99814.html#msg99814

Offline Rattlesnake Joe
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

965.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 250 ace,  Whites DI Pro,  Fisher two box
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2010, 02:53:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

When I was a US Marine back in the 60's I managed to buy a USMC Winchester model 1897 12 guage riot gun that was complete with steel perforated hand guard, bayonet lug, sling swivels and a steel butt plate.  I paid $ 35 for it and it was in excellant condition.  I used it for personal protection around the house and while out camping.  In 1995 I sold it at a gun show to a collector for $850.  I'm sure now days it's probably worth over a grand easy.  In those days at Camp Pendleton California they had Surplus Sales and civilians and military could buy a few rifles and shotguns.  Not too many went up for sale, I was lucky and waited in a long line right through lunch to get it.  When the doors opened everyone ran to a table that had guns on it and just grabbed for one.  You didn't have time to inspect it.  I got the best one of the bunch, I think there was only three for sale that time. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5073.msg112438.html#msg112438

Offline craig j
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

180.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

bonty hunter 1100
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2010, 03:07:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

well that was really cool.way to go.snakeman Great Clapp

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5073.msg112442.html#msg112442

Offline com.service@live.com
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

210.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whites Goldmaster V/Sat
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2011, 03:54:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

It sounds like another communist/socilist agenda to me ! Pretty soon all weapons will be against THEIR laws. I sure would not worry over using parts from a gun of this nature. If it has a serial number then forget to use that part. I think if they did destroy them it is not possible to use any part of them Huh??

BD  Angry

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5073.msg189899.html#msg189899

Print
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Up
Jump to: