[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline nikzackTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

145.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher F2
« on: November 23, 2009, 06:19:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Well I Managed to get out today for the first time. I got to spend about an hour at st augustine beach. I searched the dune line and managed to find 2 crushed pepsi cans a sardine lid some misc steel rusted and 32 cents clad. Not bad for a first try. I was getting alot of feedback when I tried the water line or wet sand is this common with the Fisher F2? do I need a better detecter to search the wet areas? Thanks for your feedback.   Tongue Neil

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9468.msg59798.html#msg59798

Offline treasuremomo
micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 06:41:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey nikzack, Fisher land metal detectors are notoriously not so good in the wet sand---but they are excellent in the dry areas. You've most likely got a decent detector with the f2---but if wet sand is your area of searching, then you may look into some other machine --maybe even one of the Tesoro detectors with a frequency of 10 or lower...detectors with high frequencies will usually have some problems handling the wet sand. I used a Tesoro Compadre(With 7" coil-a good little detector for not-so-much money)But it's 12 khz wasn't so good in wet sand. A Silver Sabre Umax, which is a 10 khz metal detector, was better for those wet sand areas. If you want to hunt primarily in wet salt water sand or water hunting in salt water, then you may want to consider a Pulse Induction (PI) metal detector---but be aware that that type machine is prone to picking up way more trash than VLF detectors. Maybe a multi-frequency or dual frequency type detector would work--such as a Fisher CZ-5, Fisher CZ-6, or the Minelab Sovereign or Minelab Explorer. Some machines with manual ground balance will allow for a user to adjust the GB and overcome some of the interference of the wet sand salt, etc. If you hate manual GB as I do, then get a pre-set GB machine with low enough frequency to allow you to use the detector with acceptable success in the salty wet sand. GOOD LUCK HUNTING!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9468.msg59817.html#msg59817

« Last Edit: November 23, 2009, 07:01:15 pm by treasuremomo »
Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 06:48:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Neil,

you probably will have to tune your F2 better and play a bit with its settings. It is a starter VLF machine and is more affected by wet sand (that is the mineralisation coming from the salt) than other machines.

Best wishes and keep up teh good work,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9468.msg59826.html#msg59826

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline SharenH
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

1120.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter 505
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2009, 05:51:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hey There Neil... You're just about 1 1/2 hrs from me!!! St. Augustine Beach is beautiful... Go to the fishing pier in St Augustine.  The surfers are all over the place there.  The Beach by the pier (at least 1 1/2 years ago) is not that big, but many, many, many people go there to watch the surfers... Young ones.  Next to the Pier is the park, and they have volley ball, eating areas and a kids area.  Also there is Annistisa (sp) Park right after that. going north.   

Also Crescent Beach beach is about 6 miles south from St Augustine.  That is also a beautiful beach.  This is a public beach by the Police Station.  We have stayed at the Sandpiper there many times.  Long walks in the mornings have been wonderful. 

I am so jealous!  Have a wonderful time and if you want, e-mail me and I will get back to you. 

Have fun, look forward to more posts!

SharenH
Hi from SharenH, just checking in to see how the detecting is going... I know here where I live we have had lots of rain...Sometimes that helps by keeping the areas empty from others. 

Looking forward to hearing about your finds...

SharenH

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9468.msg60067.html#msg60067

Offline nikzackTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

145.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher F2
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2009, 06:04:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Going out Friday to work a local park that hosts a community fair every year lots of rides and games during the fair. Hopefully that will yield some nice clad or small jewelry..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9468.msg60069.html#msg60069

Offline Bugar
Silver Member

IF IT BEEPS=DIGIT
Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

505.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Scorpion,Garrett Master Hunter,And Garrett Scorpion #2
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2009, 06:25:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

F2=good detector, got a couple, for the wet stuff, run around 2 bars of sens and  notch out the iron and foil,  it will pop and crack, sizzle some, but you will know when you have a target, depend on the sound and not the ID- good repeats will get some targets that are usually good ones, if you don't like the sizzle and cracking, just have to get another detector or mebbe spend a bunch o money, the noise don't bother me when i'm findin stuff, good luck and HH Detecting

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9468.msg60073.html#msg60073

If It Beeps=DIGIT

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: