[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline mikewazTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1050.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Fisher 1266 X, Fisher F75, Garrett ProPointer
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2011, 10:49:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Everyone,

I've had my F75 for around 18 months now and love it. It takes a while to get used to it, but learning it's half the fun. At the beginning I had a rough time with bottle caps but the more I used it the easier it got.

There's still a few that get dug, mostly deep, deteriorated and rusted coin sized caps and even though I'm fairly confident, I'll still dig a few just to be sure.

When I first got it I got pretty hung up on the VDI and didn't pay that much attention to the tones. Big Mistake.

The first silver dime I dug locked on at 75 and quarters were 85 so that's what I concentrated on and it worked fairly well.  Quarters still stay in that range for me, but deep dimes can bounce from the high 50's up to 91 for me and the type soil I hunt in

Now that I know the machine better I've gone back to some hard hit areas and started pulling out a lot of deep silver. The tones are the main thing I use now and VDI just for a visual.

Mike

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5902.msg136138.html#msg136138

Please Register or Login

Detector Deals of the Day

Offline weazle
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Netherlands

70.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher f75, Laser B1
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2011, 07:34:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi There,
i have my f75 for about a year now.
i find it very noisy here on the Dutch soils.
even in DE or PF mode its hard to make the machine quiet.
with the disk setting under 19, big metall gives a reading of 98-99 and sounds like a silver coin. then you have to dig a hole that is about 20inch deep to find a old horse shoe or beercan. that not good in my opinion.
does anyone have some tips?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5902.msg149091.html#msg149091

Offline mikewazTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1050.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Fisher 1266 X, Fisher F75, Garrett ProPointer
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2011, 10:07:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi there weazle!

Without knowing how your F75's set up it's hard to help but I'll try. Try turning down your sensitivity and see if that helps cut down on the chatter. The only time I get a lot of chatter is when I'm near a power source or close to strong radio waves (or around a pinata tree lol). Not saying this is your problem.

I just figured out radio waves this past year when my detector started chattering like crazy for a short time and I swore it had a cadence to it, then it quieted down. About 15 minutes later it started again and I noticed the same van driving by. As the van disappeared, the chatter also slowly disappeared...the guy driving was a ham radio operator. I've also noticed it when hunting near the airport when planes are taking off or landing and I swear I can just about hear voices through the chatter.

I've never dug a good target that was up in the high 90's, and Ive dug a lot of those signals, but mostly out of curiosity. Those high signals always turned out to be rusted iron or large smashed cans. Around 91 / 92 has been the good target cutoff for me, at least in the type of soil I hunt in.

The best thing I can tell you is to use your ears first and the VDI values. I've found that even when I get a bouncy signal, when that high tone squeaks through, it has a unique smooth sound to it that after you hear it a few times you'll recognize it immediately.

Good luck!
 Mike

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,5902.msg149672.html#msg149672

Please Register or Login

Detector Deals of the Day

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: