[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline mikewazTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1050.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Fisher 1266 X, Fisher F75, Garrett ProPointer
« on: July 14, 2009, 07:03:39 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Everyone!

Looking for other reviews on the Fisher F75. I've had mine for 3 weeks now and can't say enough about it. It was a long drawn out decision with so many great machines out there, but I know I made the right choice for me.

I read reviews, both good and bad and hoped that the bad was limited to the first generation of F75's and so far that looks to be the case.

The target separation, especially in trashy areas, is awesome to say the least. The target ID is not perfect, and no machines is, but after hours using it, you'll soon be able to figure the cash from the trash.

Saturday I was out with a few friends and decided to figure out where the nickels came in (28 VDI) because I'm looking for Buffaloes and gold. To make a long story short, I ended up with 11 nickels and a 10kt mans gold ring. Not too shabby.

I've still got a lot of learning ahead of me, but I have the utmost confidence in the machine, so I guess it means more time on it...darn.

Looking forward to your replies!
Mike

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6387.msg38664.html#msg38664

Please Register or Login

Detector Deals of the Day

Offline tabdog
Silver Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4460.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Tesoro
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 10:02:17 am »
Go Up Go Down

I only wish I had a F75.

I have heard several responses
like youres about it, and I know
personally that some of them are
very experenced detectorist.

Good luck on gettin some inside
scoop on tha machine,

Tabdog

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6387.msg38673.html#msg38673

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1050.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2009, 11:48:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

I love it Tabdog!

A friend of mine owned one for close to a year, but after using his CZ5 for so many years, he was a little hesitant to use it and lose his edge with his CZ.

I'd been researching new detectors since the Winter and it was pretty confusing to say the least. I'd just about have my mind made up on one and then I'd read how the separation wasn't that great, or how it nulled over iron, snails paced sweep speeds, or out of the ballpark cost wise.

Anyways, I finally narrowed it down to the F70 or F75 and my friend said I could try his out on our hunt planned for the next day. I still brought my 1266 along as a backup in case I didn't like it or it was too hard to set up.

Five minutes into the hunt, the first coin I dug was a clad quarter that was literally surrounded by pulltabs and screwcaps.
That alone impressed me because we hit this area real hard the week before. The rest of the day was spent in the settings he'd left it in, and I didn't want to change it because I wasn't sure how to.

I dug clad from the trashiest spots that would've just nulled out my 1266. Then I dug a silver Roosie at 7", and I immediately made up my mind on getting one.

I watched all the popular forums for a used ione for sale, and always seemed to just miss a good deal. I finally found a next to new one on Ebay that seemed like a good deal and scooped it up. Now all I do is think about the places I'd like to hit again.

Mike

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6387.msg38830.html#msg38830

Please Register or Login

Offline shoulderboarding
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

70.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Compass GSP
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 02:07:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Alota people I know think the t2 makes a better relic machine-f75 for coins

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6387.msg65977.html#msg65977

Offline markg
Bronze Member

F75 finds for 6 months.
Thank you0

Activity
0%

750.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2010, 06:46:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Any of the Fisher machines have the potential of being an outstanding detector.
The main thing is to use your machine until you learn what it's saying to you. Kiss

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6387.msg67401.html#msg67401

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1050.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2010, 12:34:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

After using the F75 for most of the season I can say it's a great machine. Now I just wish I had the money for the LTD.

When I first started out with it I pretty much just dug the signals that I was confident in and did very well. Towards the end of the season and after reading a lot of other users posts and info from Tom Dankowski I started digging the bouncers and whattya know... silver.

Now all of the spots I hit this last season will be new again since I learned some new settings and tactics.

Mike

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6387.msg67568.html#msg67568

Please Register or Login

Offline markg
Bronze Member

F75 finds for 6 months.
Thank you0

Activity
0%

750.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2010, 07:26:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I truly love reading and talking about the F75. There are so many different ground conditions in the world to contend with, but the F75 has what it takes to adapt. You only have to experiment for your area. What works fantastic in Florida, might not work for every location in Virginia, Maryland etc. My area holds three different ground conditions of which require different settings (mode, sensitivity, discrimination, ground balance, frequency or a combination of two or more) on my F75 to perform well. At one of my locations, I have to run in all metal (not much trash, but high FEO readings) to get the full amount of performance from my machine.

People?try this next time you take your 75 for a hunting trip. Set it up in your usual way, and then turn the sensitivity down until it just goes quiet. Then hunt. Listen for the lower volume beeps (possible deeper targets). When you locate one, start experimenting with the settings until you find the right combination that brings in the best target response.

Example:

If I am at a new site and locate what I think is a good deep target, I might, before digging, do one of the following until I find just the right setting.

1. I always start by lowering the discrimination and listening to see if it helps with the sound of the target. (Remember sound)

2. Next I usually increase the sensitivity (did it help or hurt with the sound)
3. I also change my sweep speed and angle of the coil to the target.

4. As a final test on the target, I will switch to all metal, and listen and watch the TID to see if it matched what the discrimination mode indicated.

I have to admit I do not analyze each target, but it really helps with happy hunting, especially if it is a new site.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6387.msg68063.html#msg68063

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1050.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2010, 08:17:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Nice post Mark!

Thanks for all the tips. I usually try different modes, etc..., like you do when I'm just about sure it's a keeper but I never tried lowering the sensitivity. I'll have to give that a try next time out (whenever that'll be).
Happy Hunting!
Mike

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6387.msg68067.html#msg68067

Please Register or Login

Offline James1950
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

125.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher ID Excel,
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2010, 09:06:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I read your post July 09, Any more to add to that now that it is Feb 2010. I would love t hear about your progress.

James1950

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6387.msg74498.html#msg74498

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1050.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2010, 11:07:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi James,

I've never had more fun and dug more keepers and less trash since I got it. I learned an awful lot last season using the F75 and I'm sure Ill be learning a lot more this coming year. Switching between modes, sens, tones is so easy that whenever I'd get a good hit I'd switch from DE to JE to BC just to see the results and if one mode performed better than another. I'd also bump sens either up or down to see the effect.

What also helped is one of my hunting buddies uses an F75 also, so if we were in the same vicinity I'd have him swing over the target or vice versa.

We hunted one area that everyone figured had been hunted out. I set up the detector to 99 sens and JE mode and started finding deep silver, and I mean deep. I pulled 5 mercs out in a few hours that were around 10 - 11" deep. Total for that site was 12 silver dimes and 2 1934 Washingtons. The site was a real bear and I'm still trying to figure out how those coins got so deep. We were digging clad at 9"!!

I bought the elliptical coil towards the end of last season and only used it 1 time before getting sleeted on, but for that short time I was very impressed. I found some wheaties in an area that made my stock coil useless. I just got a good deal a few weeks ago on the 5" DD which I'm dying to take for a nice long walk to a few super trashy but very old sites. I know it's gonna add a bunch of silver to my count this year.
Now I'm just waiting for all the snow to melt some to get back out because I haven't been out since the beginning of December, so I'm getting anxious.

Bottom line is it's a great detector!
Mike

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,6387.msg74819.html#msg74819

Please Register or Login

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: