[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline bluescruiseTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher F5 /w 11" DD and 5" DD, Tesoro Bandido II µMAX /w 7" and 8", Garrett Pro Pointer
« on: June 12, 2013, 02:02:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

I own an F5 with the 11" DD and the 5" DD. I've used a stock 10" concentric coil, and you will get slightly better depth with it than the 11" DD, except in highly mineralized soil, where the DD has perhaps a better edge. I use the 5" DD in most urban settings, and it has much better separation than the 11" or the 10". I live in the Pacific Northwest, where our ground is pretty hot. as far as settings go, that is a bit of a loaded question. A lot depends on how much EMI your dealing with, and how hot you can run your machine. In more rural settings (field hunts, old homesteads and such) I use the 11" DD, and run from 75 on up to 95 or so on the gain, with threshold as high as I can get and still keep the machine stable. If all your doing is looking for coins, you can run the disc all the way up and notch in nickels, however you will be loosing pretty much all gold jewelry with the disc set that high. In urban parks, sports fields and schools, I usually set my threshold around 4 or 5, and run the gain up just to where it starts to chatter, and then back it off just to where it quits chattering. I set my disc just high enough (around 18 or so) to disc out small iron. I'm looking for jewelry as well as coins, and I've dug my fair share of foil sports juice caps and pull tabs in the process,  but I figure a gold ring or two is worth a 5 gallon can full of trash any day. I've got 3 rings, and two necklaces in local soccer fields here this year, and I work 7 days a week!

HH
BluesCruise

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,47302.msg260372.html#msg260372

Offline Mudflap
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you92

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

9300.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2013, 12:44:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Bluescruise. Welcome from CT. Sounds like you have that F5 dialed in very well.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,47302.msg260395.html#msg260395

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: