[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline rodd_51Topic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

10.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher
« on: March 31, 2011, 02:37:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Found one Craigslist and wondered if the price was good.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22527.msg158969.html#msg158969

Offline toenail
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2012, 08:25:44 am »
Go Up Go Down

i just bought one from the pawn shop yesterday for $50 but dont know much about it or how to use it... ive searched the net for some type of documentation but without any success.. we managed to play with the settings a bit and found some buried metal around the yard and one coin from 1996 so the treasure hunting hasnt been a huge success at the moment but im only one day into the hobby and seem pretty hooked.. found about 15lbs of junk so far so the searching shall continue.. i noticed the metal detector has a discriminator but dont know much about it or how to use it so ive been googling to see what i can find.. if anyone else has any information on this unit, especially if the $200 price tag is worth the money?? i felt that i got such a good deal on the detector for $50 because it looks really really old and perhaps they knew nothing about them as i dont.. i just bought it because ive been too impatient to wait for order one and wait for it to be shipped.. the wife and i are planning on getting the garrett at pro in the next couple weeks so this was our quick beginner unit..

like i said im very very new to the hobby from what ive read though unless you already know how to use this unit id recommend getting the Garrett Ace 250, i heard that is a really good unit for the same price range as whats being mentioned on craigslist.. ive just read that the 250 is well worth the money at that price range.. id prefer spending that type of money on something that comes with its instructions..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22527.msg221340.html#msg221340

« Last Edit: April 26, 2012, 08:28:50 am by toenail »
Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 09:11:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

50 bucks is a good price for a back up detector so yes you did OK. 200 bucks is a little to high even if it has the manual and headphones. For 200 bucks you can pick up a used Garrett 250 or a new Bounty Hunters

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22527.msg221344.html#msg221344

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: