[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline piratetreasurehunterTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

80.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

cx hunter, viper
« on: December 13, 2010, 12:39:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

Treasure salvors still have leases to search the waters, so stay on the beaches beyond the surf line. You also must respect private property whenever encountered between where the beach sand ends (known as the escarpment) to U.S. Highway A1A that parallels the coast.

Look for the high-tide line where the sand is softest and walk along it, as that?s frequently proven to be productive. Sort through the debris and inspect anything unusual. A screened device at the end of a handle can reduce a lot of stooping, but simple garden tools, such as a hand scoop or pail, will suffice.

Another good zone involves the ?wet sand? that?s exposed as the surf recedes after each wave. If you notice something worth checking out, keep your eyes fastened on that spot so you don?t lose it and move quickly before the next wave washes in.

When it?s safe to do so, hit the beach soon after a storm?s come through off the ocean. The heavy wave action stirs up the sediment and at times picks up objects, like coins, and tumbles them right onto the beaches.

Look for areas with more shell deposits than others, as this might indicate where strong currents are sweeping across the bottom and depositing loose objects onto the beach sand.

One of my favorite locations involves Vero Beach. I stay at the Vero Beach Holiday Inn due to its proximity to other productive beaches. I also work the beaches just north and south of the hotel, where I found four silver coins on only

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19971.msg131625.html#msg131625

Offline RMILLER66
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

580.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whies,Minelab
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 11:50:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for the tip,

Jp

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19971.msg165116.html#msg165116

Offline Poseidon-Jim
Silver Member

Thank you12

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Sov XS, Fisher CZ-70 Pro, Fisher 1280-X, Compass XP Pro
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2011, 01:18:27 am »
Go Up Go Down

I too have visited Vero, and like the area around those beaches pretty well.

Maybe I'll bump into you one day while detecting there, when ever I can make it back down there.

Cheers,  Detecting
Jim

Quote:Posted by piratetreasurehunter
Treasure salvors still have leases to search the waters, so stay on the beaches beyond the surf line. You also must respect private property whenever encountered between where the beach sand ends (known as the escarpment) to U.S. Highway A1A that parallels the coast.

Look for the high-tide line where the sand is softest and walk along it, as that?s frequently proven to be productive. Sort through the debris and inspect anything unusual. A screened device at the end of a handle can reduce a lot of stooping, but simple garden tools, such as a hand scoop or pail, will suffice.

Another good zone involves the ?wet sand? that?s exposed as the surf recedes after each wave. If you notice something worth checking out, keep your eyes fastened on that spot so you don?t lose it and move quickly before the next wave washes in.

When it?s safe to do so, hit the beach soon after a storm?s come through off the ocean. The heavy wave action stirs up the sediment and at times picks up objects, like coins, and tumbles them right onto the beaches.

Look for areas with more shell deposits than others, as this might indicate where strong currents are sweeping across the bottom and depositing loose objects onto the beach sand.

One of my favorite locations involves Vero Beach. I stay at the Vero Beach Holiday Inn due to its proximity to other productive beaches. I also work the beaches just north and south of the hotel, where I found four silver coins on only

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19971.msg165137.html#msg165137

Best Regards,
Jim

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: