[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Rob WalterTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

66.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

None
« on: March 21, 2013, 11:57:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Howdy Folks,

I once made a small, three part folding backpack dredge unit to pull all the fines out of rough bottoms, cracks and crevices.  Don’t have the prototype any more, some thief seemed to borrow it out of my storage unit, but I can build them as needed.

Battery operated from a large motorcycle battery, including a 120VAC battery charger, the unit will operate for 2-3 hours, long enough to get a large pan full of fines to sift by hand.  Bed mats removable for easy washout and runs smooth because it only picks up material smaller than ¼” diameter.

Now that I am retired I have some time to put projects like this together.  I started panning and working a dredge as a teen in 1965, done plenty of prospecting and hard rock, and now just interested in staying out of the cold and wet.

If interested in something like this or any other custom equipment, I have a metal shop that isn’t being used, and 40+ years of prototype and production manufacturing.  A small backpack unit would sell for $350.00 and up depending on specifications.

Message me back at this site and we can work it from there.  Rob Walter

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46475.msg254217.html#msg254217

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 04:59:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

Don't forget to add a solar charge setup to your project.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46475.msg254220.html#msg254220

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Rob WalterTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

66.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

None
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 03:40:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

That isn't a bad idea, but that will have to go under the added charges of the user's specifications.  The one that I would add is a standard plug-in trickle charger that will charge overnight.  I am thinking compact here, and not even charging in the field.  The one that I built for myself paid for itself in one month of weekends with increased capture over just scooping into a pan and hoping for the best.  My favorite hole is along the Trinity River outside Weaverville, CA.  Gold, Platinum, and Hematite.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,46475.msg254268.html#msg254268

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: