[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline bob61Topic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia
Referrals: 0

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

PI Penetrator 5500
« on: October 25, 2012, 04:47:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi - Bob61's daughter he - sadly he passed away before getting to use his new toy.
PI Penetrator 5500 and I'm trying to find someone to buy it.
Based in Melbourne Australia.
It operates on pulse imaging and can detect objects 20' below the ground.
Father recently passed away, and he imported it from the US, but by the time he figured out how it all worked (not that technically minded) he wasn't physically up to using it.
So it's the full box and dice, complete with software imaging, laptop, and a 3 foot mat and towbar which you can drag around or hook onto a tow bar to check out bigger areas.
If you don't know the machine, check out the videos on youtube - as well as prospecting it can be used for locating underground utilities and tunnels.
It's too much stuff to pack up and send anywhere, so if you're local, you're best of picking it up.
Doesn't come cheap though - cost him AUD$7,500 plus freight to get it to Oz and import taxes, so I'd be looking to recover $5,500AUD

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,38247.msg235708.html#msg235708

« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, 04:49:37 am by bob61 »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, 07:38:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

I'm very sorry for your loss, and ours. Best of luck in selling your machine. A lot of folks in the Mideast and in the Philippines will be keenly interested in this. They're always looking for deep search imaging machines.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,38247.msg235717.html#msg235717

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, 09:28:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

My condolences on your loss. I know this is a difficult time for you, but I suggest you broaden your customer base to other countries as GD said. Your chances of selling the machine would increase.
You can place a free ad to the Philippine market at

Please Register or Login

www.sulit.com.ph
. The total packed weight and dimensions of the machine and its accessories would be of interest to readers of your ad, along with payment methods accepted.

If you do sell your machine to a buyer overseas, there may be a chance you can claim back the import duty paid. In official terms, it's called a drawback. Verbatim quote from aussie customs website: "A drawback applies to obtaining a refund of Customs duty paid on imported goods where those goods will be treated, processed, or incorporated in other goods for export; or are exported unused since importation."

More info on this at

Please Register or Login

http://www.customs.gov.au/site/page5939.asp
, and it's best you contact the nearest customs dept, explain the situation to them and ask them if it's permissible to make such a claim. Good luck!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,38247.msg235783.html#msg235783

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline bob61Topic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

PI Penetrator 5500
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 05:48:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for your thoughts - I'm located in Melbourne Australia and hoping that someone will pick it up as opposed to me sending it anywhere. It's got all the imaging software and a netbook PC and everything shown on the youtube videos.
Thanks again ... fingers crossed someone's interested in it.

Posted on: October 26, 2012, 05:45:12 AM
Thank you for your thoughts and the info - will keep it in mind.
There's been a lot of success from goldseekers in the golden triangle of Victoria, so I'm hoping someone might realise that the potential of this machine like dad did, and want to give it a go. He saw it as an easy way to find gold rather than having to dig lots of holes.
Thanks again.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,38247.msg235799.html#msg235799

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: