[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline docglassTopic starter
Copper Member

Buy Sell RELAX Repeat
Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 0

205.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Firefox 56.0
Firefox 56.0

Awards

Fisher 1266X
« on: October 09, 2017, 06:48:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

Finally bit the bullet and got an AT Pro International and it is giving me a lot of headaches.
Anyone out there have any experience with one when hunting over newer Canadian steel coins?

Since about 1999 our decimal coins are made of 94% steel, and trace copper and nickel. They will of course actually "rust" in a lot of ground conditions, and the AT Pro signals accordingly with wild jumps in read-outs and of course iron audio if you have it turned on.

No trouble with "loonies" which are made of nickel bronze, or "toonies" which have a nickel outer ring and a copper nickel aluminum center. They ring out 80's and loud.
Same with our older copper pennies  ring out 80, and even the zincs which we had before the penny was discontinued ring at 78. Our older non silver coins also are not bad as they were 100% nickel.

My problem is the current coinage creates such erratic signals that I think I am missing better signals. I have only found 1 gold ring with the AT Pro since I got it, (in the water), and the old Fisher 1266X got me 3 so far this year and 6 last year.

I seem to have better luck in coin mode for coins, but would rather use the Pro Zero so I can hear the signals better.
Any input would be appreciated, I hunt a lot, and as an example my clad count this year is $115 US and $180 Cdn. (Oh ya and 100000 pull tabs and caps). Thanks!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,65747.msg320999.html#msg320999

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: