[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Ridge RunnerTopic starter
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male
Referrals: 0

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« on: February 14, 2015, 11:30:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

With All The new detectors being released I think I have found a GEM, Back four years Ago I was going to Buy the Garrett Recon which is A PI Mine Clearance Detector But As for tuning it IT had limited Uses and then Garrett went and released the Garrett ATX Which is the Same Machine But meant for the Civilian Market, and Looking at the Cost of The newer Machines coming out I Think this Machine Give you A lot of Power/Depth and Is Built Like A Tank along with have A Good Limited Discrimination to help cut down the Junk,

I would Have gone for the Whites TDI Pro But due to the Li On Batteries they will Not Import it here and Due to Travel Restrictions on those Batteries I makes sense to Go with the Garret, and the Battery Life is About 12 Hours and on the Recon Version it is about 15-16 hours which is Good for either machine, Anyway heres the Machine.

Still not made up my mind but I know I want One just the same.   RR

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_atx_main.aspx

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59723.msg291753.html#msg291753

Offline nickel_n
Mod
Gold Member

Thank you357

Activity
7%
Male
Australia

6075.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows XP
Windows XP
Chrome 40.0.2214.111
Chrome 40.0.2214.111

Awards

MXT All Pro,EagleSL,Spectrum,XLT,DFX.Garrett Seahunter markII,SD2000,GT16000
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 03:56:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Nice machine. But not allot of info of actual users here. Only company promo material. and it cost over $3K.
Most of the people i know go for the ML machines looking for gold.
For me since I do most of my detecting in the water I would like an Infinium LS with the 8 inch coil.
The Garrett dealer wants $1600 for it, but they do come second hand on ebay for half of that. Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59723.msg291755.html#msg291755

The Diggers Oath
We swear by the Southern Cross to stand by each other and fight to defend our rights and liberties.

Offline Ridge RunnerTopic starter
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 04:17:46 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by nickel_n
Nice machine. But not allot of info of actual users here. Only company promo material. and it cost over $3K.
Most of the people i know go for the ML machines looking for gold.
For me since I do most of my detecting in the water I would like an Infinium LS with the 8 inch coil.
The Garrett dealer wants $1600 for it, but they do come second hand on ebay for half of that. Smiley

Well I just found this Video showing the Depth of  the TDI Pro, and the ATX, the Infinium, and the Tesoro Sand Shark and the Whites Duel Field,  The ML machines are Great But The cost is Very high and That's fine If you are out there 5-6 days a week but for use just a few weeks a Year any of the others Might be a better option, Compared to A Divorce,

The TDI's are Very Close to the ML machines, But that New One Is a Killer, After doing many Tests Back to back with the TDI Pro and the TDI SL I have Found that there is No Difference and On One of the Smaller Targets I found That The SL found it Deeper, Dispite all the Claims of people saying other wise I think that That is More about them Paying more for the Pro Than Compared to the SL,

People say about them using the Pro set to 5 or 6, and it being the same well SO Far I have found that it is Just NOT TRUE, But My Test was done with Both machines SET to 10 and they were / Are Neck and Neck, So My Advise to anyone would be to Buy the TDI SL and save a $1000 and Both of them will beat the ATX or Any other Machine Under $6000.00.

The Thing I like about the ATX is that The Machine is compact and will go in a back pack and is waterproof and has great Battery Life, there Not much In it when you Compare the TDI's to the ATX But I like the fact the ATX is a MIL SPEC Machine and it is very powerful.

Please Register or Login

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pNtGN6rWYk#ws

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59723.msg291761.html#msg291761

« Last Edit: February 15, 2015, 05:38:38 am by Ridge Runner »
Offline ATXr
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

10.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X
Mac OS X
Safari 11.0
Safari 11.0

Awards

Garrett ATX
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2018, 10:41:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

Since the initial post, the ATX price has dropped to just over $2k.  I have found it works well for nugget shooting and crevicing.  It’s rugged design allows the user to set it aside without concern, amongst the rocks and boulders, while digging a target.  It is very deep seeking and user friendly.  The ability to fold it up and stow it in a backpack for the hike to a good site is $$ in my book. 

Check the ATX out and know you are working with a professional piece of equipment that will take the punishment and last.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59723.msg323786.html#msg323786

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Firefox 58.0
Firefox 58.0

Awards
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2018, 01:32:26 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I wish Garrett would get back in the Program.  They seem to have resigned Hobby and Prospecting Detectors to the back burner.   Even just a hobby to them selves. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59723.msg323787.html#msg323787

Offline ATXr
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

10.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards

Garrett ATX
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2018, 02:14:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Just guessing but I am betting Garrett is quite busy these days with military contracts for mine detectors and hand helds at the airports.  By the way, used a Garrett AT pinpointer yesterday and was quite impressed with it.  First contact with the ATX then on to the pinpointer.  Great system!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59723.msg323788.html#msg323788

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: