[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldHoundTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia
Referrals: 0

480.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.9.5
Mac OS X 10.9.5
Safari 7.1.2
Safari 7.1.2

Awards

Garrett Ace350, AT Pro, Deluxe Pointer and a much older ADS VLF/TR Deepseeker (purchased new in the 70's) - Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 - AutoMax Pin-pointer (which is crap) / soon a GPX 5000 Minelab and Garrett Infinium
« on: January 01, 2015, 09:18:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi All,

Well I have been away and off this site for a long while now, so starting this new off with a view to getting on here a lot more.

Im interested in adding an Garrett ATX to my collection to handle the high iron ground we have here in Australia. Im interested however to see what fellow members that might have used both the ATX and GPX 5000 have to say. Aside from the huge price difference how do they compare...?

Im also very curious why there is not a great deal on Youtube showing any decent Nugget finds with the ATX, they all seem to be about small nuggets. Aside from NTExplorers which I find a little annoying. There are lots of GPX video's uploaded. Even on the Garrett website there is not a lot of good nugget finds shown with the ATX, is there a good reason as it would seem the detector is at the higher end.

All my detectors to date have been VLF, but I can see the advantages of Pulse Induction.

Detecting Fight

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59406.msg288561.html#msg288561

« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 09:24:29 pm by GoldHound »

"There's Gold in them there Hills, just got to get of your arse and find it..."
Thanks Mr Garrett, love your work...
"A bad day's detecting with the family is better then any the kids would spend watching TV." Me....

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2015, 09:34:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldHound
Hi All,

Well I have been away and off this site for a long while now, so starting this new off with a view to getting on here a lot more.

Im interested in adding an Garrett ATX to my collection to handle the high iron ground we have here in Australia. Im interested however to see what fellow members that might have used both the ATX and GPX 5000 have to say. Aside from the huge price difference how do they compare...?

Im also very curious why there is not a great deal on Youtube showing any decent Nugget finds with the ATX, they all seem to be about small nuggets. Aside from NTExplorers which I find a little annoying. There are lots of GPX video's uploaded. Even on the Garrett website there is not a lot of good nugget finds shown with the ATX, is there a good reason as it would seem the detector is at the higher end.

All my detectors to date have been VLF, but I can see the advantages of Pulse Induction.

Detecting Fight

G'day GH,  Mate I would always go with the ATX, its A third of the price and it WILL handle all the bad ground and it Can And will Handle EMI where the GPX won't.

Plus as you know the GPX is now made over you know where, theres a guy doing test with it on YT and it does what the GPX Does, And the ATX will be in my Kit Soon

I have got a TDI SL and its just A Nice All round machine, I'm in the UK at present but I really would like the TDI Pro OZ Serie's, it will do what the GPX will 99% of the time.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59406.msg288562.html#msg288562

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

480.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.9.5
Mac OS X 10.9.5
Safari 7.1.2
Safari 7.1.2

Awards

Garrett Ace350, AT Pro, Deluxe Pointer and a much older ADS VLF/TR Deepseeker (purchased new in the 70's) - Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505 - AutoMax Pin-pointer (which is crap) / soon a GPX 5000 Minelab and Garrett Infinium
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2015, 09:52:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ridge Runner - Thanks Mate,

Yes the fact the ATX is a Garrett means a lot to me, being made in the USA is another huge plus. Also I would rather my money goes to our US cousins, god knows they need it as their government keeps spending their money on O/S matters.

Another point I don't like the way Minelab treat their Aussie customers, given they are an Aussie company its very P*ss Poor how much they rip us off here.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59406.msg288565.html#msg288565

"A bad day's detecting with the family is better then any the kids would spend watching TV." Me....

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2015, 10:07:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ridge Runner - Thanks Mate,

Yes the fact the ATX is a Garrett means a lot to me, being made in the USA is another huge plus. Also I would rather my money goes to our US cousins, god knows they need it as their government keeps spending their money on O/S matters.

Another point I don't like the way Minelab treat their Aussie customers, given they are an Aussie company its very P*ss Poor how much they rip us off here.

Well Mate, I think that Most of Minelabs Suck, They sell em over here and I got sucked in to it real Bad, with the Sovereign GT and the Quatro and the E-trac, yet people over here swear by them, But I ask ya How the Hell Can it be a good machine when it can give you 10 sets of numbers for one item 1 or 2 maybe but not 10, Then they tell go by the sounds so I asked then why the hell does it have a meter ID if it don't work, Plus all three of them don't work in the disc mode over here because the Iron Mask cuts the machine off until the threshold returns and as soon as you sweep it again it shuts off again they just don't work in iron infested ground,
Forget any others either get the ATX or the Whites TDI or TDI SL because there are over 100 coils Available for the Whites, you wanna give Gold Search Australia A Ring and chat to them, the TDI SL is about 1300/$1400 don't bother will the SPP or SSP what ever it is.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59406.msg288566.html#msg288566

Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

480.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.9.5
Mac OS X 10.9.5
Safari 7.1.2
Safari 7.1.2

Awards

« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2015, 10:20:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yep I agree, I know many that purchased the GPX 5000 and have a high amount of buyers regret. You need to find a lot of gold in order to even break even, unless your a full time prospector with access to prime gold locations its a total waste of money. Just thought of a new topic about Gold being where you find it, will post it now...  Wink

When it comes to purchasing I will most likely be doing it via Kellico again. They have been great so far over the years.

Oh, Aussie Post now have a new USA address redirect service so we can bypass the restrictions imposed on importing better priced products sourced directly from the US rather then local rip off's. Whilst I still believe these restrictions a clear breach of the US/AUS Free Trade agreement, its often companies like Minelab that sign distribution agreements with US Distributors threatening them with withdrawal if they ship to Australia, as they want to over change us Aussie's.
They are not the only one's that rip us off for Electronics but they are the one of the stand out rip off's.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59406.msg288567.html#msg288567

« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 10:42:08 pm by GoldHound »

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Windows 7/Server 2008 R2
Mozilla compatible
Mozilla compatible

Awards
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2015, 10:32:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yep I agree, I know many that purchased the GPX 5000 and have a high amount of buyers regret. You need to find a lot of gold in order to even break even, unless your a full time prospector with access to prime gold locations its a total waste of money. Just thought of a new topic about Gold being where you find it, will post it now...  Wink

When it comes to purchasing I will most likely be doing it via Kellico again. They have been great so far over the years.

Oh, Aussie Post now have a new USA address redirect service so we can bypass the restrictions imposed on importing better priced products sourced directly from the US rather then local rip off's. Whilst I still believe these restrictions a clear breach of the US/AUS Free Trade agreement, its often companies like Minelab that sign distribution agreements with US Distributors threatening them with withdrawal if they ship to Australia, as they want to over change us Aussie's.
They are not the only one's that rip us off for Electronics but they are the one of the stand out rip ofd's.

Well Minelab Lobbyed  the government to introduce Higher import duty on other detectors, and when they did that and gave away Aussie Jobs I sold all mine and bought Whites Machines, They are made our of steel not plastic and the have the most sensitive coils I have ever Tested.

It will take you a little while to master A PI but it will be worth it,  Rmember this, There is a lot more small gold out there and you don't need to be coughing up 5-6000 bucks on something that could take you 6 months to learn,

If I could get one of the TDI Pro OZ series over here id be over the moon, But I can't, so I just might chase up the ATX, Aye

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,59406.msg288568.html#msg288568

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: