[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Beachcomber
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium
Referrals: 0

1360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Sovereign GT C Scope 550 Minelab Quattro Compadre
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2009, 03:18:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

Don't worry.

This will be my last post,at least in this thread, as I already had to do while I was first confronted to your blind, childish wish to have a detector that can match more expensive ones. Think of those three last words.

Auto-adjust is just another marketing argument, as confusing as automatic ground balance. Obviously, you will not be able to understand that an auto adjusting ground balance is not possible at this price.

To give you an idea of how good the 250 is, just look at those tests, all brands included, there are 23 relic type target buried at LESS THAN 6", the ACE is the only detector that find ONE OF TE 23 ONLY.

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

Detector tests

People testing it with the standard coil-REPEAT the standard coil, called it "a real pity of an MD". The fact is that it has been used for a task it was not designed  for, e;g relic hunting in european ground conditions. Nor was it made to hunt WET SAND beaches. It might probably work in an acceptable-though not ideal-way on DAMP sand, but that's all.

It is a superb MODERN COINAGE hunter for parks, dry sand beaches, etc, NOT an all-puropse beach machine.

Other models in the same price range, and with equal PRESET ground balance do TONS better, as you can seee from the tests.

So, go play with your yellow toy, and dream of its self adusting, auto tracking, manually adjustable, multi environmental FIXED ground balance.

You are definitely-and childishly-wrong, a moderator confirmed the ground balance thing in the previous thread, after what, strange enough, you remained speechless.

Such a bad knowledge of MD's is very astounding, and should be retained as a bad example for the future generations.

HH

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7324.msg45601.html#msg45601

« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 03:20:19 am by Beachcomber »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2009, 04:16:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Beachcomber
Don't worry.

This will be my last post,at least in this thread, as I already had to do while I was first confronted to your blind, childish wish to have a detector that can match more expensive ones. Think of those three last words.

Auto-adjust is just another marketing argument, as confusing as automatic ground balance. Obviously, you will not be able to understand that an auto adjusting ground balance is not possible at this price.

To give you an idea of how good the 250 is, just look at those tests, all brands included, there are 23 relic type target buried at LESS THAN 6", the ACE is the only detector that find ONE OF TE 23 ONLY.

Please Register or Login

Detector tests

People testing it with the standard coil-REPEAT the standard coil, called it "a real pity of an MD". The fact is that it has been used for a task it was not designed  for, e;g relic hunting in european ground conditions. Nor was it made to hunt WET SAND beaches. It might probably work in an acceptable-though not ideal-way on DAMP sand, but that's all.

It is a superb MODERN COINAGE hunter for parks, dry sand beaches, etc, NOT an all-puropse beach machine.

Other models in the same price range, and with equal PRESET ground balance do TONS better, as you can seee from the tests.

So, go play with your yellow toy, and dream of its self adusting, auto tracking, manually adjustable, multi environmental FIXED ground balance.

You are definitely-and childishly-wrong, a moderator confirmed the ground balance thing in the previous thread, after what, strange enough, you remained speechless.

Such a bad knowledge of MD's is very astounding, and should be retained as a bad example for the future generations.

HH

I am an electronics engineer with design experience in metal detectors that are probably beyond your understanding so I will accept this as the rantings of a stubborn but very inexperienced person. You obviously don't have the experience to understand the catalog I sent you to. Thus, you have the last word. Incorrect, but the last word.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7324.msg45607.html#msg45607

« Last Edit: August 23, 2009, 04:18:50 am by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Beachcomber
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Belgium

1360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Sovereign GT C Scope 550 Minelab Quattro Compadre
« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2009, 08:20:00 am »
Go Up Go Down

Gotta have to break my word here.

getting bored of all the malarkey you spread bout this fine detector, and considering myself to buy one as  a backup unit, I did what I should have done before.

I asked Garrett.

Got the following answer :

Hello,

The ACE 250 has a factory preset ground balance, it is not adjustable. It is set at the factory to ignore up to a certain level of mineralization.

Thank you,

Customer Service - Tech Support

I keep the entire mail exchange to be forwarded if necessary to a moderator/administrator of this site.

Sometimes, experience outclasses long studies

HH

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7324.msg45837.html#msg45837

« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 08:46:09 am by Beachcomber »
Offline PaulSRQ
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

280.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher F75, Garrett ACE 250, DetectorPro Pistol Probe
« Reply #43 on: August 24, 2009, 09:16:26 am »
Go Up Go Down

Saltfisher, I'm sorry to see these guys crap up your post with off topic rants.  Take it elsewhere guys.

I have only found trash in seaweed... foil, etc. The good stuff is heavy enough to stay at the bottom. As said, look for churned up shells. Another tip... look for discolored sand. The older sand is darker the deeper down you go. Keep after it especially when the waves subside this week and the washout really becomes evident. Hit these areas at low tide. Hope you find some good stuff  Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7324.msg45838.html#msg45838

Offline saltfisherTopic starter
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

255.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

ACE 250, Whites Prizm 4
« Reply #44 on: August 24, 2009, 11:27:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well we are back, and found a few metal objects i dont know what they are. We found a big hunk of iron from the ship that is infused with shells, and rocks, and all kinds of buildup and getting a few signals from it. Not just iron signals, so think there may be something connected to it. It weighs about 10lbs, and trying to figure out a good way to not damage it while cleaning up all the crap and shells, and all the material stuck to it. Any ideas?

Thanks

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7324.msg45855.html#msg45855

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #45 on: August 24, 2009, 02:17:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by saltfisher
Well we are back, and found a few metal objects i dont know what they are. We found a big hunk of iron from the ship that is infused with shells, and rocks, and all kinds of buildup and getting a few signals from it. Not just iron signals, so think there may be something connected to it. It weighs about 10lbs, and trying to figure out a good way to not damage it while cleaning up all the crap and shells, and all the material stuck to it. Any ideas?

Put it in a bucket of fresh water for now to keep it from getting more corroded while you decide your best option.

Look in the yellow pages for a company that does forklift certification. They usually have Non Destrictive Inspection (NDI) x-ray machines which can tell you what's inside the crust. For a small fee you can have it analyzed to see if it's worth going to the next step. The Yale group is one that does it all across the US.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7324.msg45871.html#msg45871

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2009, 03:01:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Beachcomber
Gotta have to break my word here.

getting bored of all the malarkey you spread bout this fine detector, and considering myself to buy one as  a backup unit, I did what I should have done before.

I asked Garrett.

Got the following answer :

Hello,

The ACE 250 has a factory preset ground balance, it is not adjustable. It is set at the factory to ignore up to a certain level of mineralization.

Thank you,

Customer Service - Tech Support

I keep the entire mail exchange to be forwarded if necessary to a moderator/administrator of this site.

Sometimes, experience outclasses long studies

HH

Yes please do forward it to me and Christian ,,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7324.msg45884.html#msg45884

« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 03:02:46 pm by outback »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #47 on: August 24, 2009, 03:16:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by outback

Yes please do forward it to me and Christian ,,

It still won't change the functionality of the unit. Such is life.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7324.msg45889.html#msg45889

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #48 on: August 24, 2009, 03:19:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Cheesy

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7324.msg45891.html#msg45891

« Last Edit: August 24, 2009, 03:21:38 pm by outback »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #49 on: August 24, 2009, 03:22:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by outback
:Smiley

Before we get back into the slugfest, let me ask you a hypothetical question here. What good is a factory preset ground balance in any metal detector? It defeats the detector's functionality in far too many areas where it would be used.

I suggest that your friend asked Garrett the wrong questions. I contacted them and had an ongoing discussion with them rather than a form letter. Of course, your mileage may vary.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7324.msg45892.html#msg45892

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11   Go Up
Jump to: