[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline rocker53Topic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia
Referrals: 0

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett AT Pro and Garrett Pro Pointer
« on: March 24, 2011, 05:59:07 am »
Go Up Go Down

After lots of testing and practice at home with my new AT Pro it was time for a field outing. Not far from home was an old church site which I had done over a few times with other detector brands and I found quite a few coins with them, I set the AT on Std. Custom, Iron disc. on 38 and 2 bars below max. sensitivity. First find was 2 brass washers at 4" then a small gold locket at 3" followed by a 1950 penny, 1954 threepence, 1913 shilling and 2 x halfpennies(1x 1914, the other badly corroded). They ranged in depth from 4" to 6". So I was quite happy with the result and the performance of the Garrett - can't wait to try it on the beach. Detecting
Cheers,
         rocker53

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22314.msg156454.html#msg156454

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

P1010163.JPG

Offline Texcam
Copper Member

Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United States

180.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's Classic 5 ID, Garrett Sea Hunter MK II
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 07:11:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

Great job on the first hunt. On my first hunt I found gold as well.

The AT PRO seems to be a great machine thus far.

HH

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22314.msg156458.html#msg156458

Garrett AT PRO, White's Classic 5 ID, Garrett Sea Hunter MK II

Offline MetalMaster
Bronze Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

655.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace 250, Garrett AT Pro
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2011, 02:59:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Congratulations on your finds.   Clapp

Hope you have much success with it in years to come.

I just ordered one myself. Have a ACE 250 now. Wanted something with a few more bells and whistles, plus water proof.
Going to the Florida Beaches for vacation and want to poke around in the wet sand and water. Without the fear of dropping it in the water like with my Ace 250.

Wise

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22314.msg179811.html#msg179811

Offline 6666
Bronze Member

Thank you23

Activity
0%
Male
Australia

1060.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

DIY, Whites 6000d, whites 2000 PI
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 07:17:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

G'day great to see fellow aussie getting some finds  Clapp
did you import the AT or buy locally ?
does it have any bad habits ?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22314.msg180126.html#msg180126

Offline lafatlife
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

130.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Omega 8000, T2, Whites Surfmaster
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2011, 07:30:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Love my Pro, the only things I don't like about it are the headphone placement and the fact that it is a little front end heavy.  Other than that, it's a beauty!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22314.msg180130.html#msg180130

Offline drpepper
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

215.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

garrett 550, atpro
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2011, 01:47:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Just got my new at pro . just did some air tests, amazing how a  little gold will register. one of the reasons I got it was because it is water resistint. no more worrying while in the stream. Should be great honting the streams here in vermont after this years flood

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22314.msg204551.html#msg204551

Offline spanishgold1
Copper Member

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States

440.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2012, 06:10:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

I was quite surprised when I did some bench testing 3 of my detectors against the AT pro. What I do to bench test is take a card board box and mark 8-12 inches and cut a slit in the box so a coin or ring will fit in the slot. Go to the park and my coil can slide on top of the box so all things are equal. I have a fisher cz3d,(14 months old), ATPro (7months old)  fisher cz-21 for beach hunting (12months old) and a whites duel field PI. I know with the two beach detectors I should test them in a beach setting but living in Utah, no beach to test.
I use a 1901 dime, 1898 quarter,1897 fifty cent, 1878 dollar and a women's and men's gold ring.

The fisher cz-3d, fisher cz-21 and whites dual field all detected the coins mentioned above deeper than the AT Pro buy one or two inches,but the real surprise was the AT Pro detected the rings deeper than all of the other detectors with the exception of the whited PI detector.  For example the AT Pro detected the dime at 8", the quarter at 9"' the fifty cent at 10" and the one dollar at 10" which surprised me, thinking I would get more depth with the dollar. Surprising right?  The women's ring I detected it at 11". This is a women's ring.  My cz-3d detected it at 8" and at 9" the signal was so weak and inconsistent I put it in at a 8".  That's almost 3 inches more dept using the ATPro verses the the cz-3d.  The fisher cz-21 came in a solid 8"

Speaking of detection dept! For  coins the fisher detectors were better, but for rings the AT Pro was better which surprised me.  I did also notice that I had to swing the detector fast which my other Garrett that I don't use any more you had to crawl, and of course in the all metal mode with the cz-3d I had treshold changes at 12 -14 inches which I don't usual hunt in all metal, it's mental mind buster, like the whites dual pro is but the all metal dept is rock sold.  Also as a side note I tried my larger cz coil which I think is a 10" where my standard could is a 8 inch and I did not get any more depth. In fact I thought it was worse, but the standard 10" coil on the cz-21 worked out great, so there must be some design difference so I prefer  the 8" coil.

But even though the ATPro may be a inch or more less in depth, in trashy areas, if you listen to the consistent tone and look at your screen you will dig coins in trash areas that you can't with the cz-3d,, and of course for rings it's deeper up to three inches.

This really surprised me about the AT Pro.  It's a great detector and if it could ectch out one or two more  inches in silver it would be a killer, but like I said its hot on rings as far as depth.  Choose your flavor... Deeper gold rings or deeper silver coins?

Hope this helps.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,22314.msg204563.html#msg204563

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: