[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline fishftw
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garret ace 250
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2010, 10:41:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

thanks for the info ive had my ace for a few months now and was wondering if it was worth it to upgrade my 6x9 coil to a 9x12 because i dont seem to be getting many targets 6 in +

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7482.msg125729.html#msg125729

Offline mrxtramean
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

70.00 Gold
View Inventory
mrxtramean
Awards

Ace 250 & Soon AT Pro (oredered)
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2010, 03:34:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I've hit targets 6-8" easily with the 250.  What I've read is those who have the 250 who bought the sniper coil love it and say the 250 is like a whole new machine and they don't take it off.  You might lose depth and that seems to be what you're looking for, but some say they still get good depth with the sniper coil.  I was going to buy one, but then I decided to invest in an upgrade to the Garrett AT Pro, which is a new MD shipping this month of Nov 2010. 

The problem with the 250 is the recovery time and it has a little lag.  The new Ace 350, with the dd coil & it's fast recovery, should fix this issue.  And it's a bigger coil, so it should go a tad deeper.  Also, the 250 has, like MOST ALL MD's, iron discrim issue's.  If you haven't watch the AT Pro video's yet, do it. 

I detected this park near my home with my 250.  I went real slow in All Metal mode with highest sensitivity and dug all good signals and some questionable ones.  The park is real small, I posted a youtube video of the park on my youtube.com/metaldetectingoregon site, and in the front half an area of around 40' x 60', I found $12 and 2 rings.  I'm going to go back over that same area when I get my AT Pro to see how the new Pro Mode and Iron discrim works.  I will be posting videos of new finds and just an overall review of the AT Pro.

So, larger coil or smaller?  Or invest in an upgrade?  I've only had my 250 for 4 months.  I really like it!!!  I'm not going to sell it, so my family or a friend can use it on hunts.  If you're not getting deep finds, scan in ALL METAL and up the sensitivity and GO SLOW. I repeat, GO SLOW!!! 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7482.msg125801.html#msg125801

« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 03:39:26 pm by mrxtramean »

Ace 250 + Pro Pointer. Soon AT Pro!!

Offline fishftw
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garret ace 250
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2010, 06:31:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

thanks for the information went a lil slower today and had good luck  Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7482.msg125827.html#msg125827

Offline crt
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett ACE 250
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2010, 12:04:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you for the great info...I just got my ACE 250 And this machine will defiantly be a different type of machine for me!  I use to have the Whites coinmaster 6000 Di series 3 I really liked that detector sure hope the ace pans out!!
Thank you again for the great tips.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7482.msg126400.html#msg126400

Offline Pgill
Gold Member

From wet and dull UK :-)
Thank you6

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

9290.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Silver Sabre II / Garrett Ace 250 / Whites MXT Pro
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2010, 01:24:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Nice topic.... I have an ace on the way, so will be trying this stuff out... Thanks

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7482.msg126471.html#msg126471

God Bless
Peter

Please Register or Login

http://petergill.webs.com

Please Register or Login

http://petergill.webs.com/treasurestore.htm

Offline charlotte49er
Owner - Gold Rush Guys
Copper Member

Gold Rush Guys
Owner - Gold Rush Guys
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

500.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

XP DEUS, DetectorPro Pirate Pro & Wader, Falcon MD20, Nugget Snoop, Garrett Coin Hunter w/Groundhog Coil, Ground EFX MX 200 digital GPS metal detector, Bounty Hunter Discriminator 840
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2010, 12:33:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I just bought my Ace 250 and it came with standard coil (6.5X9)  plus 9X12 coil PROformance coil.  I haven't had a chance to get out and use it.  I was wondering what people were using on there machines. (Coil Wise.)

Also, before I even have had a chance to get out, people have been telling me to upgrade to the Garrett 1350 or the Fisher Gold Bug SE!

The last Metal Detector was an old unit that I got for Construction back in the 1990's.  (So we wouldn't dig up pipes, cables, etc.)  I used to use it for fun, and it did alright.  (As far as I knew at the time.)  It picked up a lot of trash, but I was going over residential land. I always thought it would be better to search over virgin land that hadn't been bulldozed.

After reading all these posts, I'll stick with my 250 and save the $500.  Biggest question though, is which coil are you all using?

'49er

Quote:Posted by mrxtramean
I've hit targets 6-8" easily with the 250.  What I've read is those who have the 250 who bought the sniper coil love it and say the 250 is like a whole new machine and they don't take it off.  You might lose depth and that seems to be what you're looking for, but some say they still get good depth with the sniper coil.  I was going to buy one, but then I decided to invest in an upgrade to the Garrett AT Pro, which is a new MD shipping this month of Nov 2010.  

The problem with the 250 is the recovery time and it has a little lag.  The new Ace 350, with the dd coil & it's fast recovery, should fix this issue.  And it's a bigger coil, so it should go a tad deeper.  Also, the 250 has, like MOST ALL MD's, iron discrim issue's.  If you haven't watch the AT Pro video's yet, do it.  

I detected this park near my home with my 250.  I went real slow in All Metal mode with highest sensitivity and dug all good signals and some questionable ones.  The park is real small, I posted a youtube video of the park on my youtube.com/metaldetectingoregon site, and in the front half an area of around 40' x 60', I found $12 and 2 rings.  I'm going to go back over that same area when I get my AT Pro to see how the new Pro Mode and Iron discrim works.  I will be posting videos of new finds and just an overall review of the AT Pro.

So, larger coil or smaller?  Or invest in an upgrade?  I've only had my 250 for 4 months.  I really like it!!!  I'm not going to sell it, so my family or a friend can use it on hunts.  If you're not getting deep finds, scan in ALL METAL and up the sensitivity and GO SLOW. I repeat, GO SLOW!!!  

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7482.msg130502.html#msg130502

« Last Edit: December 07, 2010, 12:35:59 pm by charlotte49er »

Gold Rush Guys - Gold Prospecting Supplies and Metal Detectors

Please Register or Login

{alt}

Carolina Dealers for XP DEUS, DetectorPro Metal Detectors and Headphones and Gold Prospecting Supplies

Offline sayego
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Turkey

90.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #46 on: December 08, 2010, 02:46:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ringfinder7
Great, Great advice.  I have owned my ACE 250 since 2006. That year I found over 4,000 clad coins with the ACE and nearly 300 silver coins, plus a 6 pound cannon ball.  Not to bad for a cheap,  as some folks call it, detector. 

You are so right on all counts that you have posted.  I really like to hunt in all metal, the detector will still sound off for
good targets and what like about hunting in all metal, is the iron signals will be dull sounding.  Of course in a really trashy area, I just hunt in the coin mode.  The only trouble with just the coin mode, is that most rings will now sound off in this mode.  You have to use jewelry mode or all metal to find those really nice ladies rings. 

Some folks laugh when I say I found over 4,000 clad coins my first year using this detector, well guess what, I hunt with a partner who found that many clad coins also his first year using the ACE 250. 

I can't tell you how many times we have made some of those High Dollar detector's look bad and I own 8 different detectors.  I will never sell my ACE 250. 

As you say, listen for those deep signals.  I hope everyone is using a headset while detecting, that's the only way to hear those deep signals. 

HH, Ringfinder

Hi Ringfinder7,
If you wish you were in turkey, had already entered the jail. very strict laws here. very afraid of hunters. they all secretly hunting. I think free-hunt in your country.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7482.msg130769.html#msg130769

Offline Muffet
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Spain

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett ACE 250
« Reply #47 on: January 12, 2011, 05:41:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Yes thank you too,I like my ACE 250 but now like it even more.HH Muffet

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7482.msg137097.html#msg137097

Offline rivercty
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett ACE 250, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Tesoro Treasure Mate pinpointer
« Reply #48 on: February 15, 2011, 11:18:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Great advice, thank you!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7482.msg145929.html#msg145929

Offline Muffet
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Spain

30.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett ACE 250
« Reply #49 on: February 16, 2011, 04:26:35 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks Rambledog, Good info on the 250, I have had one for two years,but do not get out very often, now maybe I will this really explains my problems using the ACE 250.Muffet

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7482.msg145953.html#msg145953

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
Jump to: