[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline quasarhomesTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Spain
Referrals: 0

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher 1266-X
« on: January 10, 2010, 12:11:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi,

I'm looking for a deep seeker for treasure hunting that works well in heavy mineralized soil and overgrowned areas with weed and brambles. Price up to around 10.000 USD. I know that there are several interesting detectors on the market, such as Jeohunter, OKM?s EXP 4000, 5000 and Rover C series, GPA XL16 and the Golden King. I need some help and/or useful information. Many thanks!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10615.msg67305.html#msg67305

Offline nbkvy2e
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Bulgaria

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Lonestar , Jeohunter 3D , Minelab Explorer 2
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2010, 12:58:06 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hello ,
OKM are all magnetometers and unfortunately they do not penetrate very deep and have big problem with mineralized soil. They tell people that is GPR but they are not , so I would say don't waste your hard earned money on tOKM. NOKTA and JeoHunter are almost the same machines , they both are VLF and work at 12,5 Khz , they are both made in Turkey and they use almost the same search heads. I Have been using Jeohunter for about 6 months and I am satisfied so far with the findings, weight and good ground balance. I have purchased few more machines in December from Turkey and now I am selling them , they are Jeosonars with 3 search heads . I have it listed on ebay .co.uk  , search Jeosonar and you will find it . it is the one for 2800 pounds

If you have more questions contact me on my skype:     nbkvy2e    or my email:   zme4o@yahoo.com

Emil Rangelov

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10615.msg69036.html#msg69036

Offline ronin
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

145.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Cha Cha
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2010, 05:22:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

Jeosonar(Jeoradar for Foreigners Grin) and the Golden King DPR(NGR) is the same. Only name and some small things are different. Both are from the same company MAKRO=NOKTA. Inside the unit bag there are some books, explaining some history-arch. issues. Inside the books of Nokta written MAKRO. And owner is the same. So there is no difference btw.
As a user of Golden King i can say it doesn't value to its price. It is a furnished very simple VLF detector. Why simple?
Because we need good depth and good discr. Unfortunately computer screen and Atari looking doesn't give us these requirements.
The depth, weight, discr. underground is not good at all. My gmaxx2 and stinger2 beats it very very badly. That's why i m saying it doesn't worth to that price.

This is my opinion, and bonds me. All depends on you to purchase or not. But for me these units has awful price/performance rate.

Regards,
By the way, OKM devices are not capable of treasure hunting. But for iron and magnet searching and harshly bi-possible cavity;D . Beware of them.

Regards,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10615.msg69200.html#msg69200

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Spain

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher 1266-X
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 05:34:40 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Many thanks for this useful information. I really appreciate your replies. I have many years of experience with White?s, Garret and Fisher metal detectors. I?m using for many years a Fisher 1266-X, with very good results and extremely good depth for small objects... Nevertheless for more serious treasure hunting I need a detector for much more depth... I purchased also a TM-93 (magnetometer) and the Pulse 2000 (made in USA, but are they still in business?) but with both I digged several times deep holes for minerals... My doubts are about similar detectors as the Lorenz Deepmax X3 (Germany), the Pulsestar II and Deepers X5. How do they work in mineralized soil?
One of my targets is a kettle with silver coins, buried in the 19th century. In this part of Spain the soil is in general heavy (iron)mineralized and also difficult with trees, brambles, etc.  A very complicated area. Maybe a two box
If you look at OKM?s marketing vids and the use of for example the Bionic 01, it seems that you will find gold and silver from a distance very easily. In my opinion it seems to easy and not very realistic...
Maybe a two-box will be more useful (White's TM 808, Fisher Gemini III, Discovery TF 900) for what I?m looking for... Any suggestions? Again, many thanks....

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10615.msg69939.html#msg69939

Offline ronin
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

145.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Cha Cha
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2010, 08:30:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

Dear Quasar,
Old is gold Wink. Keep having that old fisher for any occassion for coin shooting.
Magnetometer is not useful for treasure hunting. But if you want to find very big anomalies under the ground yes why not! Rider
And with magn. you can detect ferrous object which interfere the magnetic field of earth. You need these also? Wink

OK as an old user of Lorenz DPX3 i can tell ya, if you do not adjust the ground or delay setting depending on the mineralised soil and carry it over 30cm, yes it gives false signals to hot bricks and also to mineral. So you will dig for nothin' again. When you set delay or ground to 2 or 3, it works pretty good but depth capabilities die.

One another thing about Lorenz; small coil is very bad for coin shooting especially for obuls. Big coil has zero discrimination(very bad i mean). As a pi detector we do not wait already to have a good discr. this unit also up to me doesn't worth to it's price.
All i can say abt Lorenz DPX3 is; very good workmanship, quality, stability if you carry enough high above.

Fisher Gemini 3, i do not recommend. No discr. Very difficult ground balance and balance is dying so fast. I have heard TF is good choice among 2 boxes. To be frank i never used, so i cannot say anything.

Regards,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10615.msg70682.html#msg70682

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Spain

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher 1266-X
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 05:23:52 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dear Ronin,

Again, many thanks for your very useful information... I think that you're right about the fact that old is gold... I'm still happy with my old Fisher with incredible depth on coins and jewelry... I've heard good things about the Lorenz, so maybe I will try... Normally German technology is a guarantee of quality... For this I'm surprised to hear that OKM detectors (made in Germany) aren't very useful (they are obviously not really cheap...)... Nevertheless you can't find any information about them on the Web... This is something strange and makes me think... So probably it will be good to use the old and effective, even if you have to dig some times for nothing... By the way, do know if the Pulse 2000 is similar to the Lorenz? Regards.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10615.msg71236.html#msg71236

Offline Alan Hassell
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 05:44:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

just for interest sake i use the Pulse Star 2 I think its better than the Lorenz too. I have detected a car from across the street with it 30 ft. sure a cars a big target but what if you had a cave full of treasure the size of a car?  Wouldnt you want to know that you might get lucky? Horses for courses... Oh i was offered other machines to do test reports but why make manufacturers rich?  To me manufacturers are parasites of the hobby some make good machines some make bad some get away with it others dont.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10615.msg71242.html#msg71242

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Spain

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher 1266-X
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2010, 01:48:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Alan. Many thanks for the information. During the early nineties a Dutch proffesional treasure hunter already recommended me the Pulse Star II, because of it's depth and good function in mineralized areas... I think that the Pulse 2000 is a similar machine, although I just wonder why A&S Company stopped selling them? Here a link to their Website with examples of deep searching machines:

Please Register or Login

http://www.detection.com/Deep/howdeep.html

Regards.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10615.msg71983.html#msg71983

Offline Alan Hassell
Bronze Member

Banned
Academics are Androids
Thank you1

Activity
0%
Male
United Kingdom

2530.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2010, 06:33:08 am »
Go Up Go Down

The Pulse Star was and always has been a very expensive machine to buy especially in the U.S. My one came from the U.S. originally and have the original receipt for it. I was not the original buyer but got my one 2nd hand only 2 months old too.
The person who bought it had ideas of going after gold veins but had a heart attack and passed away.
His widow placed an advert in the Melbourne "AGE" I saw it phoned her up and bought it sight unseen knowing what a good machine they were. It remained in a closet for years because I had bought it with the intention of one day trying to find the grave of King Arthur who was reported to have been buried in a suit of armour made of gold.
Years later I moved to England in order to fullfill that dream the rest is history.  Yes we did locate his grave, also the cross that Queen Helena bought back from the Holy Lands and made a positive ID on the Ark of the Covenant which is featured in Alan Wilsons Discovery of the Ark of the Covenant which is available on Amazon.com.
I had been in contact with Ebinger who make machines of this calibre too with the intention of going over old ground to confirm our findings. Ebinger for some reason thought I was joking and giving them a tall story.  It was a tragic shame really as they might of got some free publicity as it was they got none.  Thats life, I still have my Pulse Star 2 and a few people have been after it but im not selling for any amount of hard cash. 20 years on since I bought it it still functions the same as the day I first bought it. Now when you get a machine like that you know you have a good one.  Theres a humorous side to this in that one day Mick Killen and myself tested it with the small coil on Frankston beach just for the hell of it to see how it performed.  Between us we dug a hung hole and at about 3.5 feet finally found a very old coke can hehehe.  These machines are deep finders and you never know what the targets going to be till you dig the dammed thing up. Did I care that I only found an old can?  no way because i KNEW  in the back of my own mind if it could do that it might be able to find Arthur buried at six feet what a normal grave would be.  Arthur's still buried exactly where we left him but years after the actual search do you think the establishment wants to dig him up?  If they did they would have to admit to all the conspiracies that have been done by the English Establishment and also the Roman Church to cover up Jesus coming to Britain and how Britain was the first country to adopt Christianity as stated by Nennius, Gildas and many others.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10615.msg72009.html#msg72009

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Spain

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher 1266-X
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2010, 12:45:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dear Alan, again many thanks for your information and for your fascinating story about King Artur?s grave?. I think that this part of Spain is very similar to some parts of the UK, especially the areas with Celtic history and myths...I?m sure that the pulse star II will give good results in this area, especially because of his good results in highly mineralized soil... I'm still wondering about the Pulse 2000 and I will do some more tests with this machine before I decide to go for the Pulse Star II. Anybody knows about the quality of the Deeper?s machines (made in Mexico)Huh?  I?ve red some good things about them... Alan, I wish you all the best of luck with your hunting for King Artur?s grave and maybe there is also a treasure? Keep hunting! Regards. Frank.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10615.msg72863.html#msg72863

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: