[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline iran
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2010, 01:36:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

ok buddy, i will try to contact with nokta and let you know what they said.

thanks for your help!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg126246.html#msg126246

Offline RSD
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Malaysia

150.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2011, 09:48:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I do not agree with whoever claimed that the Nokta King Plus' depth capability is affected by high temperature or low temperature!!!!    All 3 coils were well insulated against weather and surely temperature as well.  If you experienced that it is overreacted in terms of false signals...lower its sensitivity just like any other VLF metal detectors !!

Sad to note that some of our members are giving untrue comments here.

RSD

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg135248.html#msg135248

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2011, 10:58:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by RSD
I do not agree with whoever claimed that the Nokta King Plus' depth capability is affected by high temperature or low temperature!!!!    All 3 coils were well insulated against weather and surely temperature as well.  If you experienced that it is overreacted in terms of false signals...lower its sensitivity just like any other VLF metal detectors !!

Sad to note that some of our members are giving untrue comments here.

RSD

Hi RSD, glad you started posting again. If you have the 2010 Plus model at hand, maybe you'd care to do a series of field tests like Vourvon performed on the NGR model and post them here. I'm sure many (including myself) would be interested to see how this model performs in comparison with the older version.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg135253.html#msg135253

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline vourvon
Bronze Member

Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

475.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MD-5008, V4 Automax & Nokta Golden King
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2011, 07:05:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Hobbyist and All,

I received my complete Nokta Golden King ( new improved version ), a replacement unit to my old Nokta that recently have a problem on the battery that cause of slight problem on metal gauge section and I'm very happy that Nokta have a very good customer care after sale ( not a scam that other belief ) and they requested to me that only I can send back is the LCD and boards and the rest is my spare parts so now i have 2 battery, 4 coil ( 2 general search coil, 1 surface search coil, 1 deep search coil ) 2 arm shaft, 2 head phone, 1 camera and 1 gas sensor. Tomorrow I have schedule for the comparison of the old and new Golden King before I send back to Nokta the LCD and boards. And I post here the report once I finish.

Please see attachment for the reports I send to Nokta about the problem on battery and the e-mail conversation.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg135293.html#msg135293

There are 4 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Nokta Golden King Troubleshooting.pdf
Nokta e-mail conversation.doc
Nokta new battery.pdf
Replacement of Analog Board.pdf

« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 07:24:15 am by vourvon »
Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2011, 12:43:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dear Vourvon,

I got back from the club, flipped on the pc to check for customer mails and saw your posting. I was sleepy but now am wide awake! Shocked
When you battery exploded, was it a big explosion and were you hurt (I hope not)? Was the force of the explosion contained by the casing?

If the older kind of batteries have a 1 in 1000 (as mentioned in the email) chance of going kaboom, we have to warn other Nokta users out there who are still using those batteries before something really bad happens. Were there any signs or symptoms you noticed before the battery failed? If so, please post it...such info may give early warning to users out there and could prevent damage to the machine (and the user).

Since day 1, I've only charged my batteries using the supplied mains charger (NEVER with the cigarette lighter charger), and then the mains charger is only connected to a power bar with surge suppressor or to an outlet from an uninterruptable power supply which has line power conditioning. When my 1st battery died, Nokta sent the new polymer battery for free. But I never knew the old battery was capable of exploding. To think I had been strapping on a potentially explosive device to my chest for so long...all I can say is <self-censored>! We got enough worry about leftover WW2 munitions without having to worry further about an exploding battery.

To Nokta's credit, they treated you right when they made amends. I do hope your new unit performs well and look forward to your report.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg135323.html#msg135323

Offline ronin
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

145.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Cha Cha
« Reply #35 on: January 04, 2011, 08:33:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by iran
hi hobbyist,
thanks for your reply. i did all steps that you said exactly but i was wondered why that happend.
i`m getting disappointed of my device, i want to know can i trust on nokta golde king to find treasures or that`s waste of time;or do you know someone that has found old golden object or old treasures with nokta golden king DPR??

thanks!

Salaam iran,
Unfortunately this device will make you crazy in your highly mineralized soils... Because it has ground balance troubles and many of costumers in Turkey say that, they dig as Nokta resulted, but there is nothing down there... That means this is the usual problem of this device... Get rid of that as soon as possible... Nokta is finished in Turkey and really Nokta has a very very bad reputation in origin made country...If you want to see the debates visit the biggest treasure community forums in Turkey...

regards

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg135478.html#msg135478

Offline vourvon
Bronze Member

Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

475.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MD-5008, V4 Automax & Nokta Golden King
« Reply #36 on: January 05, 2011, 10:15:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hobbyist,

Because I'm not able to attach the PDF file of battery exploded due to more than 1mb size I need to re-convonvert the excel file to PDF here in the office to be able to get a less than 200kb, so now I can put here the attachment please check and your question will be answered about what happened. In addition I'm not hurt because my routine is 1st after finished the booting of system box thats the time to put the unit into my body. But in new version when you turn on the unit you need to raise the coil for 20 second to automatic adjustment of unit to adopt the surroundings because sometimes your area have near power line and cell site tower. I remember before the incident happend the battery is fully charge but when I turn on the battery it is already lowbat then after a week I re-charge the battery inside the car for 6 hours but not completed the regular is 2 - 3 hours.

I re-attached the Nokta e-mail conversation but in PDF files instead of msword so the other member cannot open the msword they open in PDF files.

Already finished the comparison check of detection of 2 Nokta detector but not yet finish the report maybe next week I can post here the result.

vourvon

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg135839.html#msg135839

There are 2 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Nokta battery explode..pdf
Nokta e-mail conversation.pdf

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 05, 2011, 11:46:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dear Vourvon,

I am very glad you were not hurt in the explosion. And thank you for your pdf files. Your hard work can help other users out there.

In contrast to your explosion, my first battery died a rather peaceful and abrupt death. When it was still functioning, it never grew hot when charging...it was only slightly warm to the touch and retained its charge very well. Readers please note the signs of impending battery failure: unable to hold a charge, and higher temperatures when charging. For safety's sake, I'd recommend anyone still using the old heavy battery to swap it for the new kind, which hopefully will be safer.

As mentioned before, I have never charged it using the car charger, and when charging from the mains the power always had surge protection/ power conditioning. In the past I had been warned by 2 owners of car accessory shops that using the car cigarette lighter to charge or power sensitive devices is unwise, mainly because the alternator is not a very constant and stable source of electricity. More robust devices like car stereos are designed to cope with "unclean" power from the alternator, but I'm glad I took their advice. I also do not know if the car charger supplied by Nokta has any kind of surge protection or stabilization feature.

I will be eagerly awaiting your report on the performance of the latest Golden King. If there are more fires/explosions, Nokta better start including a fireproof and bombproof harness for their products.  Grin

PS If you do not have Microsoft Office installed on your home computer, you can download an alternative office suite at

Please Register or Login

www.openoffice.org
. It is free, legitimate and also has the capability to output .pdf files. Should you want to just convert files, you can do so at

Please Register or Login

www.zamzar.com
. You can convert all kinds of files there.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg135850.html#msg135850

Offline Baran
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Future I-160
« Reply #38 on: January 23, 2012, 01:50:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Do not lose your money,it is like a toy not metal detector.
I used of it for 6 months without any results.
Yours.
Baran

Posted on: January 23, 2012, 01:48:05 PM
Hello.
Nokta means waste of time and money.
Take care.
Baran

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg211700.html#msg211700

Offline Baran
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

100.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Future I-160
« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2013, 05:32:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi sir.
Do not waste your time and money, golden king is like a toy .
It is better to invest in Lorenz deep max.
Thanks.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg251266.html#msg251266

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4    Go Up
Jump to: