[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline vourvon
Bronze Member

Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines
Referrals: 0

475.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MD-5008, V4 Automax & Nokta Golden King
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2010, 06:33:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hobbyist,

Great info for Nokta users, the plan of buying a large coil is temporary postpone bcoz my unit have trouble on battery, I send e-mail to Nokta for the information of problem that I encountered ( sometimes my battery need a long charge before full charge and even full charge at night sometimes when I used in the morning is already lowbat ) and Nokta gave immediate action they send me a new version of battery they called polymer and the weight reduced approx. 50% without any charge even the frieght cost they will handle. Soon I will get the accuracy of my unit if this affected of said problem on my simulation site. And I wait to complete my assembled Delta Pulse initialy I used 1mX1m coil and its working but in 6 inch depth only now I try to make a 40cm coil.

vourvon

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg120100.html#msg120100

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2010, 10:49:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Vourvon,

Glad you haven't purchased the large detection head yet. I've offered AIORIA help in troubleshooting; maybe he/she will reply once a calmer mood sets in.

In Oct 2009, my Nokta's battery also gave up the ghost. The orange LED only blinked and it would not accept a charge. I wrote in to Raul of Kellyco, he contacted the Nokta factory and they immediately sent over a new battery by DHL, free of charge! I didn't even have to send back the old battery. My thanks again to them for the prompt response and great service. Yes the new version of the battery is much lighter, made of lithium polymer, I believe. And over the past year, it has held a charge very well.

Initially before I got the Nokta, I had inquired on the price of a spare battery. If I recall correctly, it was USD395 plus shipping. Now a replacement battery is USD229 plus shipping. I'm hoping that prices will drop further as the installed base of users grows larger.

I also noticed that there is now a surface search head measuring 8"x12" for USD500. Shocked I could get a Fisher Goldbug for that money! Do you have any thoughts on it, or know of other 3rd party coils that would work on the Golden King? Anyways I wish you best of luck on your PI project. If I knew how to do it, I'd build one myself; it seems a very enjoyable project. I had borrowed a Bulgarian-made PI, and had fun listening for the "tik-tik-tikatik-whrrRRRrrr" alert, and digging out another piece of scrap metal Grin

Posted on: October 12, 2010, 11:11:32 PM
Quote:Posted by seldom
Hobbist is right about AIROIA posted several rather negative opinions  every detector GPR or what ever has both good and bad things about them so if we are going to start bashing machines let also add the good points of said machine. 
All I know about the Nokta  is what I have learned from Hoppyist post so can not commit on it. 
weight reduction of 35% that should make you happy.

Thanks for the update.

Seldom

I can understand how frustrated and angry the chap must be, having paid so much for a machine and it can only detect his Ford from 6 feet away. He seems hardly in the mood to expound on any positive points (or maybe he couldn't find any!). Here's hoping he will join us for discussions on the matter. There's not many Nokta users out there, and I would like them to join in on useful discourse. Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg120143.html#msg120143

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 10:58:36 pm »
Go Up Go Down

One more thing to add about the Nokta Golden King: poor performance in salty soils.

In the past, the sites I used that machine in were all inland. A simple test of burying a piece of steel approx 15"x2"x1/10" in a waterhole was performed (about 6 to 8 inches in the bottom). The fresh water was about 2 feet deep and the Nokta detected that while the detection head hovered 6 inches to 1 foot above the surface.

These days as I hunt in coastal areas, the salt problem cuts down on detection depth most dramatically. At one site, I had 7 hits and all were at 40 to 50 cm depth; a sardine can here, a badly rusted paint can there etc. This "consistency" of target depths bothered me, and I was speaking to the landowner asking him if the place had ever been a landfill when one of my team mentioned that water was seeping into the holes we dug. It turns out that the site was part of a long stretch of low-lying land which extended to the sea, and the tide was coming in. Time for me to put aside the VLF machines and go PI.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg120924.html#msg120924

Offline b79
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

315.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

pendulum, tm808, gemini3, gold bug
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2010, 09:28:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hello vourvon and hobbyist,

been hearing a lot of good things about nokta gold king.
our group have exp5000 and in my possession is tm808 and gemini3 but we love to have a nokta.
we would even settle for a second hand nokta...

in case you guys want to upgrade to higher version of nokta, w would be glad
to buy your old nokta.

good luck to you guys!!!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg121687.html#msg121687

got their digging tools! sooner or later the buried loot:}

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2010, 06:16:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you and hi B79. My Nokta is a keeper, but maybe you will get an invitation to buy from a disappointed user. Should you decide to get a brand-new Golden King (which is claimed to be 35% lighter than the older model), I hope you can post a review of it here.
Happy hunting!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg121741.html#msg121741

Offline ronin
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

145.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Cha Cha
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2010, 02:53:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by b79
hello vourvon and hobbyist,

been hearing a lot of good things about nokta gold king.
our group have exp5000 and in my possession is tm808 and gemini3 but we love to have a nokta.
we would even settle for a second hand nokta...

in case you guys want to upgrade to higher version of nokta, w would be glad
to buy your old nokta.

good luck to you guys!!!

You have already used 1 rubbish unit called OKM exp 5000. Get your mind back and stay away from Nokta devices..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg121799.html#msg121799

Offline b79
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

315.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

pendulum, tm808, gemini3, gold bug
« Reply #16 on: October 20, 2010, 05:22:48 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by ronin
You have already used 1 rubbish unit called OKM exp 5000. Get your mind back and stay away from Nokta devices..

glad to hear your comment ronin.
would you be kind to expound further?
i would to know more specially about nokta.

thanks

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg121822.html#msg121822

got their digging tools! sooner or later the buried loot:}

Offline vourvon
Bronze Member

Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

475.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2010, 04:36:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hobbyist & b79,

Here is the updated (3rd) report for my last simulation on my testing site. Not meet the recommended temperature of not more than 26c instead a 30c but the result is more reliable or with minimal tolerance than my 1st and 2nd report post. In 80% sensitivity the accuracy of depth is +7.5cm / -11.66cm and the discrimination is 1 is to 5. In 70% sensitivity the accuracy of depth is +10cm / -5cm and the discrimination is 5 is to 5 and that result the 70% sensitivity is more accuracy in automatic ground balance.

vourvon

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg123427.html#msg123427

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

Nokta Golden King Detection Result 10-24-10.pdf

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2010, 03:34:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Vourvon. Am glad to see your new battery pack is in and working well. Thanks for your latest test-bed report. Unlike you, I'm lazy to dig holes for such a test bed; I just shove metal into the vertical side of a hill at various depths and detect from the top of the hill. I dare venture that if you were to dig a 2m or 2.5m hole and bury a 20cmx20cm piece of copper, it would be detected as well.

I don't detect with any discrimination on, preferring to dig all targets but your results at 70 and 80% sensitivity with discrimination turned on are interesting. Have you tried doing the ground balancing manually?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg123503.html#msg123503

Offline vourvon
Bronze Member

Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

475.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2010, 06:21:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hobbyist,

I forgot to do in manual ground balance but in my 1st and 2nd report I used a manual ground balance coz that time I don't know how to do in auto ground balance and when I learn it I always used this every time I'm detecting, but in my experience auto ground balance is good than in manual ground balance in normal soil, not yet try to heavy mineralization soil and my opinion it is better to used in that situation bcoz you can assign the sensitivity setting according to your technique ( correct me if I'm wrong ). But please share if you already do it so when I'm do that I have expected result.

vourvon

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg123543.html#msg123543

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: