[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia
Referrals: 0

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #20 on: October 31, 2010, 10:29:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Vourvon,

When I saw the photos of the soil in report#1, all I could think of was that it looked like a very nice rich silty loam, a good mix of clay and organic matter, excellent for raising crops; if I had 500 or 1000 Ha of that kind of land, I'd be a happy planter. My 2nd thought was you will have a very easy time detecting in such soils. And you are 100% right; with gentle conditions like that, you can leave ground balancing on auto and you're good to go.

However, it's been my experience that doing a manual ground balance can result in a bit more detection depth, especially if the soil contains a mix of broken rock horizons, patches of heavy clay and/or whole/shattered sandstone planes. Now I'm not lucky to encounter such a consistent soil like you have, and this got me thinking: if manual ground balancing goes deeper (by approx 15cm on one of my casual field tests) on unfriendly soils, logically it should also result in deeper detections on your kind of consistent soil. This is just speculative thinking on my part as I cannot tell what is the extent of mineralization from the photos. Maybe it's worth experimenting on if you have the inclination to do so?

Many a time I've wondered why other people get so angry and disappointed with the Nokta. Did they happen to receive a faulty unit? Buggy firmware? Dirt in the male/female connectors? Too-high expectations due to misleading advertising? Or temperature problems coupled with un-optimal ground balancing? The Golden King is not a simple machine to use, and neither is it too hard to master. It isn't a bread toaster when you simply pop in 2 slices and press a lever. Proper ground balancing and sensitivity setting suitable to the ground condition takes a bit of sweat, but that's the only way one can get the best out of this machine. It's heavy and unwieldy and by now you and I must have very strong arms from doing the ground balancing dance. Grin

As we're into the monsoon season, I'm thinking of making a rain cover for head, wand and main unit out of sonically/thermally-welded heavy gauge transparent plastic, and tossing in packets of silica gel to absorb any condensate. It would enable detecting when the rains are not heavy, but I'm of 2 minds on this. Should I risk the machine in wet weather or just wait for sunnier skies next year? What do you think? The new Garrett AT Pro is interesting me a lot as it is water-resistant to 10 feet; I may get one if the reviews are favorable.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg123563.html#msg123563

« Last Edit: October 31, 2010, 10:31:38 pm by Hobbyist, Reason: Corrected typos »

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline lahoop
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2010, 07:38:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

could anyone gives us the link of the device website thank you

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg123604.html#msg123604

Offline iran
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 15, 2010, 02:21:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

hi buddies, i`m new user from iran. i have got a golden king deep processor. i got a problem with my device. i `m serious treasure hunter, when i detect the target device gives me different metals type and i had 2 times detecting somewhere and i got gold target several time at same place in 70cm depth so i started to digging , after 50cm diggindg i tried another time to detecting the target for correct position and place but i did not get any signal after digging, i don`t know why. please help me if you can.
thanks

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg126032.html#msg126032

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #23 on: November 15, 2010, 04:05:01 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by iran
hi buddies, i`m new user from iran. i have got a golden king deep processor. i got a problem with my device. i `m serious treasure hunter, when i detect the target device gives me different metals type and i had 2 times detecting somewhere and i got gold target several time at same place in 70cm depth so i started to digging , after 50cm diggindg i tried another time to detecting the target for correct position and place but i did not get any signal after digging, i don`t know why. please help me if you can.
thanks

Hi Iran,

Below are my thoughts on the matter:

1) No detector is perfect and sometimes you will get false signals.

2) Did you try detecting thru the earth that you excavated? The target may be in there.

3) Did you perform ground balancing again at the same level of the bottom of the hole you dug? Please refer to the Golden King's manual for instructions on this issue. The ground balancing you did at the surface may not be valid for the bottom of the hole, and that may be the reason you did not get a signal when detecting inside the hole.

Good luck and enjoy your detector! Smiley

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg126044.html#msg126044

Offline iran
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2010, 06:06:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

hi hobbyist,
thanks for your reply. i did all steps that you said exactly but i was wondered why that happend.
i`m getting disappointed of my device, i want to know can i trust on nokta golde king to find treasures or that`s waste of time;or do you know someone that has found old golden object or old treasures with nokta golden king DPR??

thanks!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg126052.html#msg126052

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2010, 07:46:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by iran
hi hobbyist,
thanks for your reply. i did all steps that you said exactly but i was wondered why that happend.
i`m getting disappointed of my device, i want to know can i trust on nokta golde king to find treasures or that`s waste of time;or do you know someone that has found old golden object or old treasures with nokta golden king DPR??

thanks!

Hi Iran,

On the internet anyone can say they found something or found nothing, and you will never know if it is the truth or a lie. The best way for you to find out the capabilities of your machine is to make a test bed. Bury objects in earth and detect for them using your Nokta. Another owner named Vourvon has posted his test results in .pdf format in this forum. Once you have posted enough times to become a full member, you may download his results.

Out of curiosity, what other detectors have you used before this Nokta?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg126058.html#msg126058

Offline iran
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #26 on: November 15, 2010, 08:20:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

hi hobbyist,
thanks for your help. actually this mashin is my first device.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg126061.html#msg126061

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2010, 08:37:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

No problem, Iran. I had a feeling the Nokta is your first detector. Back in 1996 when I got my first detector (bought a used one), I was impatient for results too. Over time, I learned these things:

1) Read the manual, learn how to use your machine properly and practice a lot.
2) Know the kind of soils that you detect on.
3) Do whatever research you can on prospective sites.
4) MOST IMPORTANT: Be patient and determined; the more holes you dig in the proper places, the greater your chance of finding something of value.

You mentioned that you come from Iran. In a few past posts in this forum, I had mentioned that the Nokta NGR has a problem if the temperatures are too high. Above 36 degrees Celcius, the machine is inaccurate, sometimes goes crazy or jams up completely and has to be rebooted. You are using the DPR model, and from what I read in Kellyco's website, this model claims to be more tolerant to higher temperatures. How hot is it in Iran when you use the machine? You may wish to try detecting in the cooler morning hours and see if that makes a difference in performance.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg126065.html#msg126065

Offline iran
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2010, 09:55:11 am »
Go Up Go Down

hobbyist,I appriciate for your help. buddy i bought this mashin from nokta center office in istanbul-turkey so i got some train with nokta employees but i know that`s not enough.
about temperature i have to say all my detects was in temp between 5-15 degree celcius. In my country metal detector and digging is illegal so we have to work at nights and beacuse of fall season weather temp is cool.
thanks again!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg126082.html#msg126082

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #29 on: November 15, 2010, 08:31:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

You're most welcome, Iran. I have only used the Nokta in tropical climates, so I can't comment on the performance in 5-15C temperatures. But this much I do know: generally speaking if a detector is brought from a cold to hot place suddenly (for example going from air-conditioned room or car to hot open spaces), it is better to allow the machine to warm up to external temperatures first before starting to detect.

The reverse may also apply to you (moving the detector from heated house/car to cooler fall season air). Give it 20 minutes or so to cool down before you start detection. Unfortunately, Nokta is very vague on the matter of operating temperatures. I only found out about the instability due to hot weather by trial and error in the field. On the matter of cold temperature, the manual only says:

"Do not keep it under excessively cold environment for a prolonged period."

No temperature or length of time is stated. You may wish to email Nokta and ask them for a more definitive instruction on this matter, and if you could post their reply in this forum, it can also help users who are in cold climates.

It is a pity that metal detecting and digging is banned in your country. I'm sure there are many artifacts of the Persian empire which are waiting to be discovered. Be safe and happy hunting!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,18098.msg126209.html#msg126209

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4   Go Up
Jump to: