[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia
Referrals: 0

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2011, 07:28:50 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by waseem2005
i'm using the golden king dpr plus, but i have a problem that when i test for gold the detector dosen't write gold it writes other.
does any one help me?

Waseem, calm down and I'll try to help you! Please don't repeat the same question all over the forum. Consider starting a new thread in the appropriate section for your future questions.

Your Nokta is the newer version from mine, but the principles should be the same. I need some information from you:

1) What kind of target did you use to run the test? How big, what gold content?
2) Did you run the test indoor or outside?
3) Did you follow the proper procedure for ground-balancing? (this is very important)
4) Is this your first metal detector?

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12753.msg201054.html#msg201054

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline waseem2005
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

Palestinian Territory, Occupied

141.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

golden king DPR plus
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 01:24:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Hobbyist
Waseem, calm down and I'll try to help you! Please don't repeat the same question all over the forum. Consider starting a new thread in the appropriate section for your future questions.

Your Nokta is the newer version from mine, but the principles should be the same. I need some information from you:

1) What kind of target did you use to run the test? How big, what gold content?
2) Did you run the test indoor or outside?
3) Did you follow the proper procedure for ground-balancing? (this is very important)
4) Is this your first metal detector?

thanks for reply

1.I used a gold 21 Carat,i think it 20g of gold,it contnent is mixed(Rings,... etc).
2.I did it indoor and outdoor but same result.
3.I did the ground-balance as it described in the user guide and get 8/8 on automatic ground-balancing,if there is an error please tell me about the right way to do the ground-balance well, and if you have some notes to tell me.
4.yes this is the first one.

Please I want to ask how can I check the golden king plus from its software or hardware that it can detect gold or not?
Note: i'm a computer engineer.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12753.msg201083.html#msg201083

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 01:42:37 am »
Go Up Go Down

thanks for reply

1.I used a gold 21 Carat,i think it 20g of gold,it contnent is mixed(Rings,... etc).
2.I did it indoor and outdoor but same result.
3.I did the ground-balance as it described in the user guide and get 8/8 on automatic ground-balancing,if there is an error please tell me about the right way to do the ground-balance well, and if you have some notes to tell me.
4.yes this is the first one.

Please I want to ask how can I check the golden king plus from its software or hardware that it can detect gold or not?
Note: i'm a computer engineer.

The Golden King can detect gold..but not small gold (like rings and slim gold chains). If you come across a natural vein of gold that is long and sufficiently wide, the Golden King can detect it (I speak from personal experience). This machine is more of a larger object/cache detector, running at 12.5kHz.

Do not let this discourage you, because one machine cannot perform all the various kinds of detection. For prospecting of natural gold and smaller pieces of gold jewellery, I use the Fisher Gold Bug Pro with 5" and 10" DD coils. It works very well for the purpose it was designed.

One last thing: if your Nokta gives a repeatable and consistent signal on a target, I would advise you to dig it, regardless of whatever analysis result appears. No machine is perfect, and the serious detectorist will dig all targets. Better to do that than to miss out on a target!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12753.msg201085.html#msg201085

Offline waseem2005
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

141.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

golden king DPR plus
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 01:54:18 am »
Go Up Go Down

The Golden King can detect gold..but not small gold (like rings and slim gold chains). If you come across a natural vein of gold that is long and sufficiently wide, the Golden King can detect it (I speak from personal experience). This machine is more of a larger object/cache detector, running at 12.5kHz.

Do not let this discourage you, because one machine cannot perform all the various kinds of detection. For prospecting of natural gold and smaller pieces of gold jewellery, I use the Fisher Gold Bug Pro with 5" and 10" DD coils. It works very well for the purpose it was designed.

One last thing: if your Nokta gives a repeatable and consistent signal on a target, I would advise you to dig it, regardless of whatever analysis result appears. No machine is perfect, and the serious detectorist will dig all targets. Better to do that than to miss out on a target!

thanks for reply again
do you advice me to use it and trust it for my prospecting on tresure of gold?
how can I check the golden king plus from its software or hardware that it can detect gold or not?

thanks for your help

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12753.msg201086.html#msg201086

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011, 02:03:22 am »
Go Up Go Down

thanks for reply again
do you advice me to use it and trust it for my prospecting on tresure of gold?
how can I check the golden king plus from its software or hardware that it can detect gold or not?

thanks for your help

If you are looking for a cache of buried gold (not one of two small pieces of rings/thin necklaces), learn to operate the machine and u will be able to trust it. Test your Nokta out on other metal objects (eg brass vase, coca cola can, a square foot of aluminum sheet etc) and see how it responds as well as what analysis is given on the screen. This is all part of the learning process. And once you see that the Nokta can detect and differentiate various metals, you will grow more confident of the machine as well as your detectorist abilities.

If your intent is to look for natural gold, you will be better off using the Fisher Gold Bug Pro which runs at 19kHz. The higher the frequency, the better the machine can detect small gold. Good luck!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12753.msg201087.html#msg201087

Offline waseem2005
Pull Tab

Thank you1

Activity
0%

141.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

golden king DPR plus
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2011, 02:24:55 am »
Go Up Go Down

If you are looking for a cache of buried gold (not one of two small pieces of rings/thin necklaces), learn to operate the machine and u will be able to trust it. Test your Nokta out on other metal objects (eg brass vase, coca cola can, a square foot of aluminum sheet etc) and see how it responds as well as what analysis is given on the screen. This is all part of the learning process. And once you see that the Nokta can detect and differentiate various metals, you will grow more confident of the machine as well as your detectorist abilities.

If your intent is to look for natural gold, you will be better off using the Fisher Gold Bug Pro which runs at 19kHz. The higher the frequency, the better the machine can detect small gold. Good luck!

I test it on metal other than gold and every thing is ok,but on gold the result is the is not value metal.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12753.msg201088.html#msg201088

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 05:57:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

I test it on metal other than gold and every thing is ok,but on gold the result is the is not value metal.

3 possibilities:
1) The metal is not gold.
2) The metal is gold but is too small for the machine to detect accurately.
3) The machine is not calibrated properly.

Try using other pieces of gold to test. If you know a goldsmith, ask for permission to point the coil at his stock. Have you written to Nokta support about this?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12753.msg201099.html#msg201099

Offline MUTTLEY
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Philippines

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

no detector yet
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2011, 11:19:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

Disregard Nokta GPR Golden King...we have here in Bicol region but sad to say no positive detection for one year of operation.......sorry folks!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12753.msg201120.html#msg201120

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 11:50:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by MUTTLEY
Disregard Nokta GPR Golden King...we have here in Bicol region but sad to say no positive detection for one year of operation.......sorry folks!

To have a positive detection, a target must exist in the first place. But go ahead and blame your machine if it makes you feel better.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12753.msg201126.html#msg201126

Offline vourvon
Bronze Member

Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

475.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MD-5008, V4 Automax & Nokta Golden King
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 11:38:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Hobbyist,

It's long time I'm not able to visit this forum bcoz I'm so busy. Anyway in 3 years using of Nokta the learning still grow-up and you are right you should always perform a ground balance and you should always observe the texture of ground if the same where you performed the ground balance because if not, you get the false result and take note that the true item have a big value of metal in digital metal gauge. As I observe with the comparison of my TM-808 with Icon Data Logger the Nokta is reliable result than my TM-808 but I use 1st the TM-808 because  this is easy to used even a big area and if TM-808 found a potential target. Nokta is the final to confirm if it is true target.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12753.msg201224.html#msg201224

Print
Pages:  1 2 3   Go Up
Jump to: