[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia
Referrals: 0

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #20 on: November 14, 2011, 12:28:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by vourvon
Hi Hobbyist,

It's long time I'm not able to visit this forum bcoz I'm so busy. Anyway in 3 years using of Nokta the learning still grow-up and you are right you should always perform a ground balance and you should always observe the texture of ground if the same where you performed the ground balance because if not, you get the false result and take note that the true item have a big value of metal in digital metal gauge. As I observe with the comparison of my TM-808 with Icon Data Logger the Nokta is reliable result than my TM-808 but I use 1st the TM-808 because  this is easy to used even a big area and if TM-808 found a potential target. Nokta is the final to confirm if it is true target.

Greetings, Vourvon!

It's good to see you post again. Monsoon season is here and I'm wishing I had a totally waterproof detector for use in the rain. I know what you mean about the TM808 being easier to use. My TF900 is invaluable when it comes to rummaging about places which have heavy undergrowth...so much more lighter and maneuverable than the Nokta and great for making an initial detection of the site.

About changing soil horizons and varying levels of mineralization, yes those conditions do require more frequent ground-balancing. If your site has a sinkhole or a landslide, make note of the soil content exposed vis a vis the terrain. Another clue is to look at any changes in the vegetation. For example as you're walking along detecting, you notice that some trees and shrubs have poorer-coloration and sparser foliage along with stunted growth compared to the vegetation in other parts, that may be an indication of different soils there and a re-ground-balancing is needed.

Even the types of vegetation which grow in a spot is a clue..eg bracken (a kind of fern) usually populates places which are rocky/sandstone and poor in nitrogen and phosphate. If you can learn the signs of heavy-metal poisoning in plants local to your area, it can also be a useful tool to aid your detection. I'm glad your logger is working well. Happy hunting!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12753.msg201227.html#msg201227

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline vourvon
Bronze Member

Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Philippines

475.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

MD-5008, V4 Automax & Nokta Golden King
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2011, 03:18:32 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hobbyist,

I'm glad that your always giving a knowledge to me and to other. Another issued is the asphalt can block the detection of detector and sometimes they called anti-detector but when I need to detect the road with asphalt the Nokta detect the metal underneath the road due to the present of cross canal and the image appear is like a long metal pipe.

vourvon

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12753.msg201230.html#msg201230

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2011, 06:46:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by vourvon
Hobbyist,

I'm glad that your always giving a knowledge to me and to other. Another issued is the asphalt can block the detection of detector and sometimes they called anti-detector but when I need to detect the road with asphalt the Nokta detect the metal underneath the road due to the present of cross canal and the image appear is like a long metal pipe.

vourvon

Hey Vourvon,

Am always happy to share what I know. I have only had one instance where I used the Nokta to detect thru asphalt. The abandoned road was on the side of a hill leading up to a building. A few signals of alloy and steel were detected thru about 3 inches of soil on top of 2-3 inches of asphalt and about 1 foot below that. Digging thru the asphalt exposed the foundation of the road which comprised of concrete rubble with reinforcement bars and some aluminum.  Grin Evidently they had used rubble from a building for the foundation.

Before we dug, I had also detected on the slope of the hill about 4-6 feet from the road and weaker signals of alloy and steel were found too. Its good to know that you detected the pipe under asphalt. Goes to show the capability of this machine, being able to detect thru asphalt when properly balanced. Good going, my friend!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,12753.msg201233.html#msg201233

« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 06:49:58 am by Hobbyist »

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline ghost a
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Bahamas

95.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

sovereign gt
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2012, 05:03:03 pm »