[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline ronin
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

145.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Cha Cha
« Reply #150 on: October 31, 2009, 12:32:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
The physics of soil penetration demand low frequencies. Perhaps you are unaware of that. The technology is what makes the difference. A reflected wave image is used rather than the eddy currents detected with a simple metal detector.

Dear GD1950,
I m pretty aware of low frequencies and soil penetration and also GPRs. I do not talk about low frequencies just asking show me which of the REAL GPRs, used for archeo-geophysical investigations works at Khz(e.g:sır-3000, Mala, Zond, Ramac, Iris etc). Ground penetrating radars which we talk about are for our aim for treasure hunting or whatsoever. If you want to talk about doppler radar, bistatic radars etc, these are not our topics.
Not even Nokta VLF simple metal detector.
OK then, Radars work with pulses, then let we say Lorenz is also Radar (by mean of you GPR). This is only a tricky way of commerce..
Ground penetrating radar operates by transmitting pulses of ultra high frequency radio waves (microwave electromagnetic energy) down into the ground through a transducer (also called an antenna). The transmitted energy is reflected from various buried objects or distinct contacts between different earth materials. The antenna then receives the reflected waves and stores them in the digital control unit as you pretty good know also. Ultra high frequency means for GPRs Mhz.

You are right, low frequencies penetrate deeper, if you know this, i m quite sure also that you know how ultra high frequencies such as 30Mhz penetrates up to 30m by the princibles of GPR. So no need to debate on NOKTA with well known princibles.

Regards,

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg56605.html#msg56605

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #151 on: October 31, 2009, 02:40:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by ronin
Dear GD1950,
I m pretty aware of low frequencies and soil penetration and also GPRs. I do not talk about low frequencies just asking show me which of the REAL GPRs, used for archeo-geophysical investigations works at Khz(e.g:sır-3000, Mala, Zond, Ramac, Iris etc). Ground penetrating radars which we talk about are for our aim for treasure hunting or whatsoever. If you want to talk about doppler radar, bistatic radars etc, these are not our topics.
Not even Nokta VLF simple metal detector.
OK then, Radars work with pulses, then let we say Lorenz is also Radar (by mean of you GPR). This is only a tricky way of commerce..
Ground penetrating radar operates by transmitting pulses of ultra high frequency radio waves (microwave electromagnetic energy) down into the ground through a transducer (also called an antenna). The transmitted energy is reflected from various buried objects or distinct contacts between different earth materials. The antenna then receives the reflected waves and stores them in the digital control unit as you pretty good know also. Ultra high frequency means for GPRs Mhz.

You are right, low frequencies penetrate deeper, if you know this, i m quite sure also that you know how ultra high frequencies such as 30Mhz penetrates up to 30m by the princibles of GPR. So no need to debate on NOKTA with well known princibles.

Regards,

Do you own a Nokta? Do you understand the difference between a coil generating a field and a pulse being transmitted through the ground? The Nokta is not a simple metal detector.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg56608.html#msg56608

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline goldigger
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%
Male
Canada

5400.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty  Hunter and several more.
« Reply #152 on: October 31, 2009, 09:16:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
Radar is not microwave, it is Radio Detection And Ranging and was initially longwave. During WWII, there were no airborne radars only ground based. They were simply too big and microwaves hadn't even been dreamed of at that time. Microwaves came about after WWII but before Korea. By the 1950s, the technology had shrunk to the point of being able to be placed in an airborne platform.

The snow will be the reason you do more research. As long as the power holds out, that is. Good luck to you, Brian.

They did have  what was considered microwaves, (but was not,) during WW2, but really only VHF, the No.19 Set, made in the UK had HF plus a 225 mHz, inter-tank frequency, while the US had 2 meter aircraft radios, known as *tail-end-Charlie.* Both were AM modulated and not really powerful. When I was a kid, I had various kinds of salvaged, de-militarized radios.

Die snee - ja, it has gone from over 14 inches down to about 6 inches, today, which was about 10deg C with a warm west wind of 30 - 40 Km. Same for tomorrow.

We are supposed to get another warm day and then drop to -2C.  I hate the cold.... why did my grandparents NOT go to New Zealand?  Grin

Speaking of PICs, what about the Propellor, it is supposed to have 32 processors, on board a single chip, this sounds like either a super chip or a waste of resources.  Shocked

goldigger

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg56640.html#msg56640

« Last Edit: October 31, 2009, 09:19:29 pm by goldigger »

goldigger

Offline Avci26
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Turkey

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #153 on: March 21, 2010, 06:21:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Very Nice....

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg79628.html#msg79628

Offline luquehere
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Mine Lab 4000
« Reply #154 on: April 30, 2010, 02:31:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

What are the specific advantages of this equipment over other models?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg89125.html#msg89125

Offline JonJ
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
France

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Exp II,  XP-Deus
« Reply #155 on: May 08, 2010, 09:06:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Great for the cache or equipment.
But think of the coins one will not see.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg91173.html#msg91173

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #156 on: May 10, 2010, 04:49:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

I think  its a deep seeker  !!  maby a mini GPR system or something.
 Lots of pros and cons,

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg91374.html#msg91374

Offline luquehere
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

65.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Mine Lab 4000
« Reply #157 on: May 10, 2010, 01:05:43 pm »
Go Up Go Down

What would you recommend for the coins?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg91470.html#msg91470

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #158 on: May 10, 2010, 04:08:51 pm »
Go Up Go Down

For coins, just an average metal detector. Im no expert on the Nokta but i think it will find the coins also .
 where will you be hunting for coins ?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg91516.html#msg91516

Offline RMILLER66
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

580.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Whies,Minelab
« Reply #159 on: June 13, 2010, 03:16:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thank you,

You answered a lot of questions that I had regarding Nokta,GPR etc.

Would you have any advise or suggestions on OKM detectors or a company that I would want to use for searching for deep treasure,tunnels and or Gold deposits etc?

The line of OKM products,even with it's high price tag (if there products worked as advertised) would do everything I would desire regarding Gold detecting,cache hunting etc.

And if you do have any advice on using OKM products would they work on Beach's because of the moisture content etc?

Thank you,

Roman

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg100078.html#msg100078

Print
Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17   Go Up
Jump to: