[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia
Referrals: 0

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #160 on: June 13, 2010, 09:46:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hello, a problem with GPR is it dont work well with water. So its not suitable for beach hunting, Gpr reflects off water. I dont know of OKM so not sure how well they would work on a beach scenario.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg100151.html#msg100151

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #161 on: June 19, 2010, 02:28:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

1) You'll have a tough time finding small individual coins with the Nokta
2) Nokta with general search head can detect thru approx 1.2m freshwater (the detection head was at the water surface; it's not waterproof). It may be possible to detect thru deeper water, but I didn't try.
3) If you wish to use an OKM, be warned that it gives very unusual results. I was called in to a site where they had used an OKM to detect and spent the past year digging a very large and extremely expensive hole in the ground based on the results of their scans. Kindly refer to the attached photo. The steel-lined shaft extends down a further 80+ feet and the entire place is way below sea level. Sometimes common sense and logic can serve one better than an expensive detector.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg100965.html#msg100965

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

DSCN4688-1.jpg

"Gold rides an iron horse." (Old prospector Homefire)

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #162 on: June 19, 2010, 02:45:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Hobbyist, That is a serious hole! They must be onto a serious target / think they are onto a serious target for that kind of a dig! Any ideas of what they are hopeing to find ?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg100966.html#msg100966

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #163 on: June 19, 2010, 02:59:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
Hello Hobbyist, That is a serious hole! They must be onto a serious target / think they are onto a serious target for that kind of a dig! Any ideas of what they are hopeing to find ?

Seriously, you're too seriously serious.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg100967.html#msg100967

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #164 on: June 24, 2010, 12:59:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

So do you know what down in the hole  or supposed to be down there ?? ? ?? Serious "!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg101827.html#msg101827

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #165 on: June 24, 2010, 05:32:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

Of course I seriously know what's down that seriously serious hole. If they keep on digging seriously enough, they'll end up in the Amazonas region of Brazil, assuming they can survive the serious heat of the seriously molten earth's core. I'M SERIOUS! Tongue

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg101842.html#msg101842

Offline mendozam
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #166 on: September 21, 2010, 07:17:09 pm »
Go Up Go Down

l was dissapointed also with this nokta golden king, its a piece of xxxx, very complicated detector, so dont buy this detector. thanks

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg116780.html#msg116780

« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 07:45:26 pm by seldom »
Offline ronin
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

145.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Cha Cha
« Reply #167 on: September 24, 2010, 03:58:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
For coins, just an average metal detector. Im no expert on the Nokta but i think it will find the coins also .
 where will you be hunting for coins ?

Don't be so sure buddy.. This toy is not capable of detecting electrum and obul coins at all. Furthemore 22k golds are ferrous for this device's discrimination under the ground.. I warn you, keep your money in your pocket rather than spending on this toy... In my country where these people are manufacturing this toy, this Nokta firm is finished! They are not able to sell any product in Turkish market, coz every1 understood that they are exaggerating their simple vlf detectors and lying by saying these are GPR! Check out Turkish treasure hunting forums, how bad comments are there for Nokta devices from real cheated costumers...

regards

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg117268.html#msg117268

Offline AIORIA
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #168 on: October 11, 2010, 10:00:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I'm thinking the only people defending the piece of CRAP detector called the NOKTA GOLDEN KING (More like the golden queen) are the dealers disguising themselves as regular folks like you and me so that they can keep ripping off people, and not lose out so much on their investment once everyone knows the truth about this detector. 
 Angry
They try and pretend like none of the second hand reviews made by owners like you and me matter or have any merit. Well I got news for you geniuses.....
If 90% of people who buy this detector are dissapointed with it and feel like they got cheated out of their money, then it means the detector is a piece of Shiiiiiiiiiiiite!!  Angry

It is a simple VLF detector running on a 12.5 kHz such as that of a two box metal detector. Has a 3-D Imager that lets you know what is in the ground and gas sensor and sony camera outputs. That is all it is! Nothing new or any breakthrough in technology and definitley not GPR! Very misleading advertising. It should be illegal to do that! This device should not cost over $2500-$3000 MAX. On kellyco website they claim a gold bracelet can be detected at 10M depth! The damn thing could only detect my huge ford expedition only 6 feet away!!

A WARNING TO YOU ALL. IF YOU BUY THIS DETECTOR, YOU WILL BE DISSAPOINTED . DO NOT WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY FOR JUNK TO MAKE THEM PIGS FATTER!!! Violent

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg119914.html#msg119914

"I will give you the treasures of darkness, riches stored in secret places, so that you may know that I am the LORD, the God of Israel, who summons you by name." Isaiah 45:3

Offline Hobbyist
Silver Member

Thank you4

Activity
0%

Malaysia

4220.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #169 on: October 11, 2010, 10:33:17 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Dear Aioria,

Firstly let me state that I have no vested interest in boosting Nokta sales, and in my previous postings on this topic, you'll see that I agree with some of your views (eg false advertising with inflated capabilities of the machine, it's not a GPR in the conventionally-accepted sense of the acronym, it's way overpriced etc). And I've read many negative responses about the machine, some of which do appear to be legitimate grouses. With all those negative experiences, at times I do wonder if I'm one of the few who received a unit that actually works!

I know how large a Ford Expedition is, and if your Nokta can only detect it from 6 feet away, something is very wrong indeed. You are obviously upset and disappointed, but if you wish to, I can offer you some help in troubleshooting. However if you prefer to carry on lambasting the machine, that is your right to do so. My advice: work the problem, don't let the problem work you.

Hobbyist

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,4854.msg119922.html#msg119922

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 10:46:18 pm by Hobbyist, Reason: Edited to correct mis-spelling of Aioria\'s name. »

Print
Pages:  1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17    Go Up
Jump to: