[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline dandequilleTopic starter
Bronze Member

I love THunting
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Referrals: 0

1472.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: May 29, 2007, 07:55:33 am »
Go Up Go Down

My first GPS was a Garmen 12 which I bought many years ago.  It has served me well.  It is as accurate as any of the new ones on the market.  By marking my position I have saved many hours of being lost. I would do my map work of a particular area I was interested in and then enter the coordinates into the 12.  The compass arrow would then point to the precise spot I wanted.  It would also tell the distance, speed, elevation, and other information.
     Entering the coordinates is kind of a tedious operation.  If you make one little mistake on a numeral you will be off when you are in the field.  Still, careful checking is all that is required to ensure getting to the spot you intended.
    The Garmen 12 is so old I don't believe Garmen sells them any more.  Maybe one would appear on Ebay and you could get it cheap.
    There are no maps on the 12 and newer devices have much more to offer.  I am fond of the 12 and sometimes think I will throw away my newer and extremely more complicated GPS, just enter the coordinates into the 12, and go find treasure.   

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,2213.msg18347.html#msg18347

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: