[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GarrettmanTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace 250
« on: November 17, 2010, 01:46:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Detecting since my club (uk) has been able to restart detecting now the Harvest has well and truely been cut
we are finding it more and more difficult to obtain permission from the farmers to get back onto our regular fields.  Apparently many of them have started a new farming.  Also now it seems that the  process wherebye as soon as the crops are being cut they are seeding and covering the land with a chemical membrane that once laid must not be walked on!  As I say we have found that this practice has been taken up by many of our traditional detecting sites and it is becoming somewhat worrying.  I would like to hear from any other UK members if they have experienced the same stumbling block.

Garrettman

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19304.msg126478.html#msg126478

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2010, 03:07:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Life changes with technology and I guess that applies to farming as well. Seems like a huge time saver to do the harvesting, plowing and re-seeding all in one operation.

So switch to Google Earth and start looking for nearby earthworks and such in forests and crown land. Make your own new hunting grounds. Millions of acres of land have been reclaimed by forests over thousands of years of human occupation.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19304.msg126490.html#msg126490

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace 250
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2010, 07:39:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

Detecting Detecting

Hi GD

Yes as you say everything is moving on with the modern developments particularly in farming. We will have to speak to our member who looks out for new sites in a different direction.  I personally enjoy detecting on the beaches as I did when I lived on the coast in Devon but due to circumstances I now live in the most land locked county in England and it means at least a three hour journey.  Because of family commitments and medical reasons this is not possible.  Anyway there is always a way around obsticals, it's just a matter of finding a suitable route to take.
Good hunting and thanks for replying to my question.
Garrettman

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19304.msg126583.html#msg126583

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2010, 01:42:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Have you looked at Google Earth yet? It's free and will allow you to do aerial searches from your desk.

Please Register or Login

http://www.google.com/earth/index.html#utm_campaign=en&utm_medium=ha&utm_source=en-ha-apac-au-bk-eargen&utm_term=google%20world

You can download the latest satellite images and scan through them at your leisure. You have access to all sorts of historical records over there which document land use for centuries. Match previously used land to what is now Crown Land and you will have your own happy hunting ground.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19304.msg126642.html#msg126642

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

25.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace 250
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 09:31:30 am »
Go Up Go Down

Detecting

Thanks GD, it's something I havent thought of before.  As you say there must be acres out there still to be searched after research at my leisure on Google Earth.
You have been very helpful, tahnks again.

Regards Garrettman

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19304.msg126796.html#msg126796

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 02:56:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Garrettman
Detecting

Thanks GD, it's something I havent thought of before.  As you say there must be acres out there still to be searched after research at my leisure on Google Earth.
You have been very helpful, tahnks again.

Regards Garrettman

Remember me when you find your next Roman coin. Rewards are gratefully accepted. Even big ones.

My guess is that it will be more like this. "Ooh, look! A gold Roman coin! Golddigger1950, I remember you!"

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19304.msg126871.html#msg126871

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Abantemo
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Russian Federation

501.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Well, i'm proud owner Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 03:59:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

In Russia your problem designed by the next way: you make an official organization like for example "Treasure for Science" and type official letter to your region government and media. Letter is about a big scientific and cultural value of digging in your interested place.  And than you tell to media about official letter for to force government make a reaction to your letter. Government must help you any way. And media too - because news are them bread. Good luck!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19304.msg126887.html#msg126887

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: