[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline imhotp2000
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Egypt
Referrals: 0

180.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2011, 09:58:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

thanxsssss  Detecting Detecting Detecting

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20451.msg165925.html#msg165925

Offline Poseidon-Jim
Silver Member

Thank you12

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Sov XS, Fisher CZ-70 Pro, Fisher 1280-X, Compass XP Pro
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2011, 11:07:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

Well, there's not one available on Fishers Website, as you probably already know.

As Mr. Seldom has mentioned & shown, please just click on this link, and then click on the 1st in the list, a file download of the 1265X will start, but you will need to just create a quick membership to that site which is easy. Pick your forum name, and then add a password & follow what you need to do:

Please Register or Login

http://reliabledownloads.net/search/fisher+1265x+metal+detector+manual

here's Fishers site to other manuals of similar detectors:

Please Register or Login

http://www.fisherlab.com/hobby/manuals.htm

Cheers,
Jim

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20451.msg165936.html#msg165936

« Last Edit: April 25, 2011, 11:13:23 am by Poseidon-Jim »

Best Regards,
Jim

Offline FoilFinder
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher 1265-x
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2011, 09:24:38 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello there.

New member so please be kind.

That web-site asks for a payment of $4.95 for a trial but if you read the T&C's they say "This is a one-time charge only. For example, a one year membership to the Service will be billed in a one time charge representing the monthly membership rate times 12 months."

Needless to say I didn't go any further.

I have looked at the instructions for the 1266X and my main question is whether they also hold true for the 1265X?

The reason I ask is that I have a 1265X and have no idea how to get the most out of it.

I search beaches with my daughter and we can find coins but we also find loads of ring pulls, bottle tops, hair clips and foil.

Need less to say I would love to reduce the rubbish count. One good thing though is that I can "hear" the differance that foil makes but that's it.

I have no idea as to what the difference is between the two coils or how they should be used.

Then there are the three top knobs - disc 1 and disc 2 are logical but then there is the sensitivity button as well with it's push pull setting?!

Also, 3 position trigger is another grey area.

The 1266X instructions help but if i'm honerst they do not come accross as being an easy read.

Is there a short and concise idiots guide to the 1265X or is it really a case of learning as you go?

Thanks in advance,

Lon.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20451.msg170442.html#msg170442

Offline Poseidon-Jim
Silver Member

Thank you12

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Sov XS, Fisher CZ-70 Pro, Fisher 1280-X, Compass XP Pro
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2011, 09:42:04 am »
Go Up Go Down

I'm sure the gent that offered to print you a copy of his manual will do so. Naturally it would cost him a couple dollars postage to send it to GB via 1st class mail if he's in the states.

I'm not sure about the features of the 1265X, but I would assume it's close to the 1266X.

~If you want to reduce some of the junk at the beach, just use & increase the #1 disc knob alittle bit more than where you normally have it set & go from there I would try, as well as maybe decreasing the sensitivity just alittle bit?

Sorry mate I don't have pics of the 1265X to look at the control box settings, but I would email or PM the member on page 1 here and ask if he could help you with a copy of the manual.

Your right about the instructions, they never really make it clear & easy to figure out, so I agree 100% about that...

Also, there must be a Metal Detector dealer there around your area right?
Take the machine into them & ask and see if they could give you some pointers and advice for the settings needs to help you out better, thats a good chance that they could help you much better than I can here.

Cheers,
Jim

Quote:Posted by FoilFinder
Hello there.

New member so please be kind.

That web-site asks for a payment of $4.95 for a trial but if you read the T&C's they say "This is a one-time charge only. For example, a one year membership to the Service will be billed in a one time charge representing the monthly membership rate times 12 months."

Needless to say I didn't go any further.

I have looked at the instructions for the 1266X and my main question is whether they also hold true for the 1265X?

The reason I ask is that I have a 1265X and have no idea how to get the most out of it.

I search beaches with my daughter and we can find coins but we also find loads of ring pulls, bottle tops, hair clips and foil.

Need less to say I would love to reduce the rubbish count. One good thing though is that I can "hear" the differance that foil makes but that's it.

I have no idea as to what the difference is between the two coils or how they should be used.

Then there are the three top knobs - disc 1 and disc 2 are logical but then there is the sensitivity button as well with it's push pull setting?!

Also, 3 position trigger is another grey area.

The 1266X instructions help but if i'm honerst they do not come accross as being an easy read.

Is there a short and concise idiots guide to the 1265X or is it really a case of learning as you go?

Thanks in advance,

Lon.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,20451.msg170455.html#msg170455

« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 09:47:19 am by Poseidon-Jim »

Best Regards,
Jim

Print
Pages:  1 2    Go Up
Jump to: