[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Karl
Knight
Gold Member

Thank you211

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

15290.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounter Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 101 , Famous Trails MD3005 ,Cen-Tech Pin Pointer MD
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2011, 02:19:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by auminesweeper
If i can get my 4x4 down there i'll give it a cuddle with my tow chain and chain saw, the saw runs on 2 stroke ,i run on Fosters or JD & coke LOL Grin Grin Grin

See karl all we had to do was gas Brian up and he's ready to ROCK there's no stoppin him now Cheesy Grin Grin

john

Wish i was close enough to help, would be glad too, Brian keep on trucking !!

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21313.msg145139.html#msg145139

"Keep Digging Its Down There Somewhere" Treasure Hunting, Gold and Coins.

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2011, 02:40:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

YEAH , me too, but don't bring the det cord the FAA won't see the funny side Cheesy

john

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21313.msg145145.html#msg145145

Offline May Flint
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2011, 06:43:47 am »
Go Up Go Down

My my Waulespan certainly seems to know his stuff.  The only problem with you matey is you seem to have such a grudge to bear against the members of the BGA it spoils your postings.  The BGA are doing everything they can to help move Goldpanning forward and I believe we panners should let them get on with discussions with the authorities so that correct procedures are FINALLY put into place.

You also take issue with two of our most long-term panners in the business, you are vitriolic in your condemnation of them, why is this?  what harm have they done you?  They are supporting fellow panners in their actions and hoping to achieve some semblance of order within the community again.

We panners are so upset about the events in Wales, we want to return there but in the right way.

You are trying to get support from Mike Jones, who you don't know!!!  His wife and Mike great personal friends of mine so please leave them alone.

Why are you so vicious in your comments towards some of our colleagues?  You should step away from this hobby of ours if it is causing YOU so much grief.  You are on this wonderful site for Metal Detecting, so carry on with that as a hobby and leave the Goldpanning world.  You seem to want to "wind everyone" up with all your nasty, hateful comments.  Leave it alone please and also I think you should post an apology to Mr Andrews and Mr Thirkettle especially as you have, no doubt, caused them quite a lot of unhappiness in your comments.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21313.msg149105.html#msg149105

« Last Edit: February 27, 2011, 11:12:10 am by homefire »
Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2011, 10:21:42 am »
Go Up Go Down

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2011, 12:02:53 pm »
Go Up Go Down

May Flint as this is a low key free speech forum Waulespan is pressenting problems and attitudes of which he has come up against
during his time at trying to enjoy his hobby, as this is his view of accounts we respect that we may not agree with him or we might
even dislike his view but the one thing that makes this forum differant to others is we remain nuteral as things can get personal.
and thats not a good thing and can lower moral as i have seen in the past,

It would be great to hear your views of the current situation reguarding gold panning in wales as it is very useful to get good
information from another prospective, As we have alot of prospecters from around the world.

Quote:Posted by May Flint
My my Waulespan certainly seems to know his stuff.  The only problem with you matey is you seem to have such a grudge to bear against the members of the BGA it spoils your postings.  The BGA are doing everything they can to help move Goldpanning forward and I believe we panners should let them get on with discussions with the authorities so that correct procedures are FINALLY put into place.

You also take issue with two of our most long-term panners in the business, you are vitriolic in your condemnation of them, why is this?  what harm have they done you?  They are supporting fellow panners in their actions and hoping to achieve some semblance of order within the community again.

We panners are so upset about the events in Wales, we want to return there but in the right way.

You are trying to get support from Mike Jones, who you don't know!!!  His wife and Mike great personal friends of mine so please leave them alone.

Why are you so vicious in your comments towards some of our colleagues?  You should step away from this hobby of ours if it is causing YOU so much grief.  You are on this wonderful site for Metal Detecting, so carry on with that as a hobby and leave the Goldpanning world.  You seem to want to "wind everyone" up with all your nasty, hateful comments.  Leave it alone please and also I think you should post an apology to Mr Andrews and Mr Thirkettle especially as you have, no doubt, caused them quite a lot of unhappiness in your comments.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21313.msg149135.html#msg149135

Offline May Flint
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 28, 2011, 05:11:20 am »
Go Up Go Down

Waulespan is not neutral though - thank you for pointing out to me the rules of the forum auminesweeper!!!  He is being vindictive in his remarks to goldpannners who are fighting to get us the official right to continue our wonderful hobby.

I have been panning for many years unlike Waulespan who has only been panning for a couple of years, I try to keep away from the limelight, but then he comes out of his shell and has a go.  WHY??  I would like him to respond to this e-mail with his reasoning behind him pursuing the legal front for resumption in Wales.

As he has set up a "charitable" trust he should remain charitable to his fellow panners.  It is he who is bringing this forum into disrepute. 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21313.msg149419.html#msg149419

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 28, 2011, 05:31:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

May Actually he has'nt bought this forum into disrepute, what he has done is share his thoughts,efforts and fustrations, and your
 previous two posts are about him not about the gold panning in Wales, so i am still none the wiser.
What we the forum would like to here is about the gold panning in Wales not views of people who we dislike for what ever reason
I can see his fustrations and views but what about your views, this forum is only about treasure ,gold, detecting, panning and
anything to do with legends map ,LRLs or anyother means of this hobby it's not for pursueing people because we don't like what
they say, because if it was i'd be taking a bit out of alot of people and that would just distroy the reason of this forum'
So please May give us what we need from another prospective otherwise the topic falls flat,

take care talk soon

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21313.msg149421.html#msg149421

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 28, 2011, 08:57:59 am »
Go Up Go Down

You all should get together and Work on the beast together instead of fighting within the ranks.

Your going to need every resource you have to keep what you have never mind get anything back.

Here in the U.S.  we have the BLM, Forestry, EPA and Individual States trying to shut every thing down on us.

Just my thoughts and Sure Hoping you all Slay the Beast.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21313.msg149461.html#msg149461

Offline WaulespanTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

665.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Minelab Explorer
« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2011, 08:28:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

All friendly gold panners are welcome to join Gold Rivers Trust, which is having positive results in discussions with the authorities, unlike the BGA. The BGA was booted out of Wales because they are unable to guarantee that their members will act responsibly. The two 'negotiators' have been running expensive courses for the gullible for many years in Wales and Scotland, in breach of access laws which prohibit these commercial activities. The BGA reps shamefully colluded with the authorities to single me out as a scapegoat for the activities of many other irresponsible panners, bank diggers etc. I have met with police and the various authorities to set the record straight. I am now the only panner who has any official recognition in Wales. The others, preferring to act in the shadows, are too nervous to face up to the authorities and speak up for the rights of recreational panners and student geologists. I am in communication with important educational establishments and national charities about these issues. If the situation had been left as it was, irresponsible clandestine panning activities would have continued on private rivers. I freely admit that I worked in the open and that this annoyed the various panners who wanted to continue to work unlawfully and for private gain. They cannot claim to be 'leisure panners' in any sense. I will have more interesting news about the Crown agents and ongoing negotiations at a later stage. However, anyone who would like specific answers can email me privately. It is pointless and irresponsible to use the open forum to air greivances without first checking the facts by all other means available.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21313.msg152335.html#msg152335

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2011, 09:04:34 am »
Go Up Go Down

Weldone Waulespan for your efforts in trying to clarify and communicate with the various government departments
in an open and positive manner,also i would like to thank you for keeping personal issues away from this forum.
it seems to be a very complex situation which is making good progress although slow, We can see that at leased
 it is going forward, But most of all people are talking so that means at leased people are open to change and compromise
and thats the hard part.

I think alot of people are worried that if it's bought out in the open that it's going to be stoped, and it's fear that
makes them think like this, albeit a selfish reason i do understand them, Seeing as you have done this the right way
I can see it going places and if those who are panicking actually came on board in the future maybe they could help this
along, but as i have seen this type of thing before as in they have their group and theirs is right and you have to join theres
or they are against it if you walk your own road,
This is why it all goes wrong, and it's silly because at the end of the day you both want the same thing, It's just some are
to scared to rock the boat, But i urge you to keep going the way you are as well as keeping your mind open so as not to
miss a single chance of making this a big success,

Thanks for the up date

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21313.msg152342.html#msg152342

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.