[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2011, 09:12:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Looks like what started as report on panning ban in north Wales has turned into a disagreement between the BGA and The Gold River Trust. Wouldn't it be better to work together against the government then to be airing your dirty laundry on a internet forum. I and others here have seen these things happen before and if everyone don't start working together there ain't going to be no panning in Wales.   

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21313.msg154588.html#msg154588

If you believe everything you read you are reading to much.
Treasure is a Harsh  Mistress

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2011, 09:23:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I said pretty much the same thing in my post way back when.

If they don't work together there going to loose what they have.

{alt}

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21313.msg154598.html#msg154598
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo160/berquistj/ATT00001.gif

Offline May Flint
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #52 on: March 18, 2011, 05:51:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the positive comments after my last posting.  THAT is why I sent the link so that it encourages everyone to be working together.  The BGA as a recognised body has been working with the authorities about gold panning regulations in North Wales a long before Brian and the Gold Rivers Trust charity took up panning as a ?hobby?.

Quite some years ago overtures were made to the Welsh authorities because no regulation was in place there, and it was pretty much a free for all. The BGA felt that regulations should be laid down to stop exactly what has recently taken place. The Authorities couldn?t or wouldn?t chew the fat with the BGA, now a situation has got way out of hand and the problems that the BGA foresaw years ago has now become a reality.

The BGA re-approached the authorities a twelve month back to resume talks and discussions to minimise the damage being done.

Although the BGA reps represent the British Gold panning Association, it was stipulated at the out set that they couldn?t represent all panners in the UK because not all panners were BGA members. The Authorities acknowledged this point but they then stipulated that any regulations that were to be made would have to be for all gold panners not just for the BGA.

The closing statement from the authorities was that the BGA would need to look at the practice of a low impact gold recovery method. The practices that the authorities have witnessed have been to the very extreme and performed by one or two individuals?, neck deep in trenches. Consequently,  Brian and the Gold Rivers Trust charity have presented the authorities with a very wrong picture about what low impact gold recovery is all about.

We all need to work together and not against each other.  I would encourage a dialogue between the BGA and the various authorities to enable this to be solved so that a UNITED front can be presented..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21313.msg154708.html#msg154708

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2011, 09:12:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

Brian and the Gold Rivers Trust charity have presented the authorities with a very wrong picture about what low impact gold recovery is all about.

Mayflint is this comment really necessary, because he's done what the BGA could'nt, like we have all said, if you worry about
the problem and not the person you will move mountains, The members who have since commented since your lasy visit
are more well versed than you or I could ever be when it comes knowledge and arguements relateing to this topic.
Please note the problem is not Brian, it is with how the government departments understanding of the Law stated .

And as for this comment, BGA as a recognised body has been working with the authorities about gold panning regulations in North Wales a long before Brian and the Gold Rivers Trust charity took up panning as a ?hobby?.

Then they should get Brian on side because he's is doing a better job than them in a shorter time span,

Look it's not an us and them situation ,  ( Brian verses the BGA ) if one gets in you all do and that has to be a good thing
I can tell by you posts that you a very smart person, sit down together and build something, it's no good one building and
the other knocking it down, if the powers that be see that you can't work together they will ban it period, full stop, and you will only have you selves to blaim.
So far Brian has not made any remarks about you, even after your first two posts and still you carry this on,
Add this to the argueing on the river banks and the like , then i'd ban it myself just to keep the peace.

May Please you are a clever person and you have the knowledge, thats a powerful weapon work together.
dont worry about getting back on the river, work about getting the rules set in stone, don't be a part of history, Make history.

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21313.msg154749.html#msg154749

« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 10:08:14 am by auminesweeper »
Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2011, 09:20:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

I am not sure why Mary and Brain have decided to debated this on the forum as they chose not to listen to the advice they are given. Homefire said right off you need to unite and its been said by several other since then until you do this the government are anyone else is taking y'all serious. The government is loving it while you are fighting they are writing laws that will put you on the bank cooking beans in your gold pans.
As has been said y'all need to stop taking these jabs at each other get your groups together and work out a plan. We have heard enough of both sides of this disagreement, what we want to hear now is how the two groups will work together to find a solution.    

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21313.msg154753.html#msg154753

Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2011, 09:21:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

WOW!  You folks have a Quagmire of stuff to Jump through over there.

I sure hope you all can work together and Get the mess straightened out.

Tons of Au to ya all!

{alt}

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21313.msg154758.html#msg154758
http://i371.photobucket.com/albums/oo160/berquistj/gold.jpg

« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 09:27:32 am by homefire »
Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2011, 10:32:43 am »
Go Up Go Down

Along with my earlier post i should of said it seems that the Arguement is about whos in charge or who deserves to be in charge
If you want to pan Gold then then take to heart what all the members have said on this post each and everyone of them.
If you want to find another hobby then keep going as you are, because you will be responsable for distroying it, no matter
who you point the finger at the blaim will belong at you feet.
I hope you point this out to the BGA, Because i would hate to see all their time, money and efforts go to waste

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21313.msg154777.html#msg154777

Offline May Flint
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

45.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2011, 10:53:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Guys,

I couldn?t agree more with what every one is saying, everybody needs to work together to bring this sorry issue to a conclusion, and this is what the BGA was working towards when Brian made a big gold deposit discovery.

Kit Andrews on his blog site

Please Register or Login

www.goldprospecting.blog.co.uk
in section 3 states the progress being made with the authorities and asking all gold panners to stay away from the area while negotiations were in progress.

But Brian and a few others wouldn?t stay away, ok they left for a while and return again and again and again, each time challenging the authorities head on. He is like the JWs, he turns up on your doorstep when you least expect them, then you have a job to get rid of them.

Discussion between BGA and the Welsh authorities have been hampered in the past and I believe it still is because of the foolhardy attitude of the few. It also has to be said that the Welsh authorities have received a number of disparaging name calling letters and emails from panners showing their disgust at the ?ban? on these Welsh rivers. The authorities then basically said, (my words) ?we don?t need this abuse so sod the lot of them, restrictions are now in place?.

Also there is NO BAN on these waters as has been suggested, BUT, if found gold panning and its associated activities we could be liable to a hefty fine and or an imprisonment.

And finally, the other side of the coin is, that I do take my cap of to Brian for standing his ground, believing he is in the right and has the law on his side, but his way of going about things to my mind is all wrong. He is like King Canute with his hand up, trying to stop the incoming tide when what was needed was a flood barrier.

Ps Yes I do wear a cap, its one of those big ?ecky thump? type caps that looks more like the letting board for my old mans pigeons, and if ecky thump dates me you are correct.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21313.msg154782.html#msg154782

Offline seldom
Wrecking Crew
Platin Member

Wrecking Crew
Thank you19

Activity
0%
Male
United States

20755.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2011, 11:03:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

Brian made a big gold deposit discovery.

That explains a lot sounds like some jealousy between the groups.

he turns up on your doorstep when you least expect them, then you have a job to get rid of them.

We understand people showing up and you can't get rid of them LOL trust me we understand.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21313.msg154790.html#msg154790

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2011, 11:18:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks May,This will work and we the members will support you guys as best we can, and i'm dusting off my flat cap as we speak.
There is so much passion about this hobby and so many people that feel this way, If we are thinking as one and on the same page
It becomes a very respectable force and not just a load people just sabre rattleing.
If you would share my views with your friends and members of what ever clubs are involved i would be more than pleased
to talk to them and if they are at the same level of thinking as your self then they are very welcome here and i look forward to
talking again.

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,21313.msg154796.html#msg154796

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.