[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States
Referrals: 0

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2009, 06:47:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I am not in favor of deleting posts unless they are offenisive or out of the line / topic. Hence any criticism should be dealt with in a constructive way so we can all learn and benefit from it. Thank you, Christian

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg63995.html#msg63995

THunting.com - Your Friendly One Stop Treasure Resource

Offline Texas JayTopic starter
Bronze Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

805.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Gold Stinger
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2009, 07:15:56 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Christian, I respectfully remind you and all posters that the topic of this thread is: "Books and Documents about the Knights of the Golden Circle", therefore, any message that offers only a personal opinion without a book or document supporting it is "out of the line / topic" or off-topic.  That is why I deleted them. 
In addition, the following phrases from such opinion messages, are to me "offenisive" or insulting.

"You really ought to learn a bit of tolerance."

"Not that I do not value your opinion and personal interpretation of this material, but would rather read it from those who are more scholarly qualified"

If my suggested deletions are not based on the rules you just stated, in your opinion, you can find someone "more scholarly qualified" to moderate this subforum in the future.
~Texas Jay

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg63996.html#msg63996

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2009, 07:31:31 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Jay, I can accept that that only books should be presented in this topic. However postings not presenting a book should rather be moved / merged into a new topic than deleted.

I do not see any offense in the phrase asking for more tolerance as deleting a post rather than moving it is infact intolerant. As far as the other quote goes I think it could be put more kind indeed.

This is not a board for schoolars but interested individuals.

Regards,

Christian

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg63997.html#msg63997

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2009, 07:36:07 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Oh, for goodness sake, Jay. Everyone has an opinion as do you. To call someone a liar with an agenda is a label that you could easily put on yourself. Personally, I ask for more proof than anything you have offered thus far. First off, when did the name KGC get coined? Why, that's a silly question. After the first FICTION book on the subject. The name wasn't even uttered until 50 years after the alleged gold was hidden yet you consider it a sacred and holy name here. Anyone who disagrees with you or calls for more proof before swallowing the legends wholecloth is called a liar with an agenda. That's just plain insulting.

You really ought to learn a bit of tolerance. Don't you realize that when the skeptics come along and question you, that it forces you to learn ever more about your subject? I believe in the Confederate gold caches because I have seen some that were found and the provenance behind them. What I don't see and have never seen yet is proof than any single cache was proven to be from the James Gang or this mythical KGC.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg63999.html#msg63999

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2009, 07:45:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Christian
Jay, I can accept that that only books should be presented in this topic. However postings not presenting a book should rather be moved / merged into a new topic than deleted.

I do not see any offense in the phrase asking for more tolerance as deleting a post rather than moving it is infact intolerant. As far as the other quote goes I think it could be put more kind indeed.

This is not a board for schoolars but interested individuals.

Regards,

Christian

Although not a board for scholars, the material presented should represent mainstream history, and not simply a theory the material must be related to the Knights of the Golden Circle because of one belief or another. That creates debate, which in evidently not allowed.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg64002.html#msg64002

« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 07:51:48 pm by Rational Observer »
Offline Texas JayTopic starter
Bronze Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

805.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Gold Stinger
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2009, 07:48:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

How about I start a new topic called "Whines, Insults, and Un-supported Opinions About the Knights of the Golden Circle"?  I should think that those off-topic and insulting posters should post such messages under an appropriate topic but that is not the game they are playing.   I don't intend to waste my time continuously moving off-topic messages somewhere else.  
~Texas Jay

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg64004.html#msg64004

Offline Christian
Administrator
Platin Member

Wuf! Wuf!
Thank you56

Activity
0%
Male
Independent Rouge States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #16 on: December 24, 2009, 07:54:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Jay, moving postings to the right places is a moderator's task. Also I do not see any insults here.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg64006.html#msg64006

Offline outback
Internet Pirate
Gold Member

Internet Pirate
Thank you11

Activity
0%
Male
Canada
Referrals: 9

1555.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards

Tesoro Cibola
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2009, 07:56:02 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Texas Jay
How about I start a new topic called "Whines, Insults, and Un-supported Opinions About the Knights of the Golden Circle"?  I should think that those off-topic and insulting posters should post such messages under an appropriate topic but that is not the game they are playing.   I don't intend to waste my time continuously moving off-topic messages somewhere else.  
~Texas Jay

Kinda make's one  feel like picking up a hammer and------well you know lol

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg64007.html#msg64007

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #18 on: December 24, 2009, 08:03:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Texas Jay
~Texas Jay

Jay, does that mean we either agree with you when you write something and give an imprimatur to it even when there's nothing to support it? Do you seriously believe that this is this your due because you are a moderator? Last time I checked, I was a mod, too, but I don't delete your posts no matter what you say. And I discuss things with people who disagree with me. I don't go shuffling off to the Admin to report a felony in progress.

I have to ask a serious question of you, mate. Why do you balk and bellow when I ask you to offer positive proof of something? I asked about a recovered cache being verifiable to the James Gang and you offered the dates of the coins and some guns - both of which could have belonged to thousands of people from the time. Show me a Colt revolver with a serial number sold to a James Gang member and I'll believe it came from them. Otherwise, an old gun is just an old gun and old coins are just old coins.
Quote:Posted by outback

Kinda make's one  feel like picking up a hammer and------well you know lol

Go for it, mate. You know you want to. Grin

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg64010.html#msg64010

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #19 on: December 24, 2009, 08:05:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Creating a thread where possible conspiracy theories and fringe theories are allowed to be posted without references, sources or the ability to discuss the material is not the purpose of a FORUM.

These Books and Documents about the Knights of the Golden Circle should be open for discussion by interested individuals.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg64011.html#msg64011

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 16   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.