[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.

Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Texas JayTopic starter
Bronze Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

805.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Gold Stinger
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2009, 03:15:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

GoldDigger1950:  How about a Colt revolver that belonged to Jesse James' mentor Bloody Bill Anderson?  Will that do?  Here is the letter a member of our Central Texas Treasure Club received upon his request for information about this gun that was inherited by one of William C. "Bloody Bill" Anderson's descendants.  Oh yes, I also have a photo of the elder Anderson holding one of his Colt's in his hand in 1924.   
~Texas Jay

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg64063.html#msg64063

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

WilliamCAndersonColt45letter1.jpg

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2009, 04:46:58 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Jay, that letter does not mention the Colt's original owner. This is precisely what I mean about the lack of evidence. Keep looking.

All this proves is that a descendant of Bill Anderson inherited a gun that is most likely his. Can't prove it, but there's really no need to disprove it. Either way, you still can't tie it to a treasure. Perhaps you should do a bit of research on what provenance is. Shipwreck hunters can spend decades trying to prove a shard of pottery came from a specific ship. You guys have the Internet and think you can establish proof because you found a link or an e-mail that implies something you'd like to believe. If you use Google right now, you'll find this very post which doesn't agree that what you have is proof. It might be, if you followed it up.

But then there's the problem of linking a gun's existence and ownership to a treasure. Not many connections there, mate. Sorry.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg64081.html#msg64081

« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 04:54:12 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2009, 04:58:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Texas Jay
GoldDigger1950:  How about a Colt revolver that belonged to Jesse James' mentor Bloody Bill Anderson?  Will that do?  Here is the letter a member of our Central Texas Treasure Club received upon his request for information about this gun that was inherited by one of William C. "Bloody Bill" Anderson's descendants.  Oh yes, I also have a photo of the elder Anderson holding one of his Colt's in his hand in 1924.   
~Texas Jay

I don't get it. What is the letter supposed to validate? That someone inquired about a Colt revolver?

The letter was clear, and to the point. They could not help with locating who may have purchased the weapon.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg64083.html#msg64083

Bronze Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

805.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Gold Stinger
« Reply #23 on: December 25, 2009, 05:07:55 pm »
Go Up Go Down

GoldHunter, I don't need your advice on provenance or anything else for that matter.  This Colt revolver's origin and current owner and her relationship to the original owner are all documented and I have the documentation.  As far as the original owner, he is stated in the letter.  I submitted what you said you wanted but, like every other piece of evidence submitted, you just go off on another tangent.  Your motives are very clear to me if not to everyone else reading this.  I've dealt with your kind for 5 years now and I long ago quit trying to convince the unconvinceable.  It makes no difference to me whether you believe anything I say, pretend not to believe anything I say or document, or agree with anything I say and document.  You may be aware of a fellow by the name of Ron West aka "Alec" on some treasure websites.  He is exactly like you but as recently as 2003, he was convinced that what KGC hunters today say is correct.  Now, he says he's seen the light but doesn't share that light with anyone else.  Suspicious motives?  I know so.  Here is the documentation to this new series of events:

Please Register or Login

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,277870.100.html

I urge you all to read this thread where one of the longtime members of
treasurenet just exposed Ron West by using his own words against him. Ron West,
who writes on okietreasurehunter's blogs and websites, is now probably the
loudest critic of the KGC and their massive treasure caches. What goes around
comes around. Smiley
Happy Holidays!
~Jay~

boattow
USA
Detector used:
Sharptronics DSP-03 and Blackhawk

REPORT POST Nominate For Banner
Re: Knights of the Golden Circle after the Civil War
Reply To This Topic #158 Posted Yesterday at 08:15:44 PM Quote
Quote from: alec on Yesterday at 02:28:47 PM
I'm sure that there were people around in the early 1900's that had been members
of the KGC but for them to have been moving caches and re-marking the locations
with new carvings and markers there would have had to have been caches to
move/re-mark.

That's interesting...these are your words, not mine... I actually don't believe
they moved caches or changed the carvings but you do. Yammie only knows what he
reads on the internet from "trustworthy" sources.

Alec wrote:
They also came back and moved some caches to other spots within the originall
areas the cahce was located in, changing the clues/carvings along the way. When
this was done they also changed the type of code at the site so that someone
following the original clues would not/could not read the second code, therefore
making it extremely difficult to locate the cache.

Please Register or Login

http://www.treasurenet.com/forum/treasurehunting/messages/1014830.shtml

alec

Reply To This Topic #159 Posted Today at 06:40:51 AM Quote

You got me there boattow, I don't remember writing that but at one time I did
beleive that. Too bad you didn't post the date that I wrote that and it would be
obvious that was back when I did believe the myths and before I did any of my
own research. I have said repeatedly since then that I have come to my senses.

Texas Jay
Brownwood, Texas

REPORT POST Nominate For Banner 71.121.120.254
Reply To This Topic #162 Posted Today at 12:48:40 PM Quote Modify Remove

Thanks Boattow for quoting Ron's post from 2003. Here is the entire message:

This forum has been discontinued.
Please use our new forum

[2003 post by Ron West]

Re: KGC on state lines
February 17, 2003 at 14:41:45
In Reply to: Re: KGC IN CALIFORNIA
posted by Richard on February 17, 2003 at 13:21:16

"Richard,

You have part of the equation correct when you say that the KGC like to put down
caches on state lines. You just haven't gone far enough. The KGC used several
different "lines" when placing caches in the ground and sometimes the only thing
you had was one or two clues that indicate what line and where to begin. The
"line" caches were originally designed to be worked using a transparent overlay
onto a regular county/topographical map of the time. The small number of clues
were just there to tell you that you are in the right spot and to indicate where
the overlay should be used.

The KGC operated into the 1900s (approximately 1916), continually putting caches
in the ground until that time. They also came back and moved some caches to
other spots within the originall areas the cahce was located in, changing the
clues/carvings along the way. When this was done they also changed the type of
code at the site so that someone following the original clues would not/could
not read the second code, therefore making it extremely difficult to locate the
cache.

They were very tricky in how they placed their caches, using several hidden
reverses along the way, decoys and a mixture of code. They knew the geology and
geography of the area where the cache was placed and in some instances used
engineers to place the caches. This was not a group of lazy men nor were they
stupid.

Good luck in your hunting! "

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: I like creative ingenuity with caches Richard - 19:07:14 2/17/2003 (0)

I think this expose is hilarious considering that "Alec" has been so vehement in
his opposition to everything that he stated in this post just a few years ago!
Now the big question is, well, I suppose you all can figure that out.
~Texas Jay

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg64087.html#msg64087

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #24 on: December 25, 2009, 05:13:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Jay, that's all interesting but proves only that you do like to argue. Now back to the letter. You indicated it should be proof enough yet there's not a whisper of evidence there. To the contrary, they advise you to follow it up with another primary source. Let's assume you do that in the future. Now you have a disassociated gun that belonged to Bill Anderson. Still no connection to any treasure, KGC or otherwise. Just a connection to Bill Anderson, which, by the way, is not in dispute.

As to your correspondence above, you are now using your own arguments as proof of something, which they are not. Do you not see that?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg64090.html#msg64090

« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 07:45:35 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #25 on: December 25, 2009, 05:20:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I don't get it.

Are the large amounts of copy/paste from another forum supposed to validate the ownership of the Colt revolver?

Or, is it supposed to validate the speculation posted on this forum?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg64092.html#msg64092

Bronze Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

805.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Gold Stinger
« Reply #26 on: December 25, 2009, 05:58:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

In case you haven't noticed, RO, I don't intend to document anything for those who offer no documentation for any of your opinions.  Why don't you just move on to another subforum and request provenance and documentation for every member who finds a gold ring and tells about it on here?  I know what your game is and it is exactly like that of Ron West of my previous message.  Your sole intent is to cause trouble on this subforum and to discourage any treasure hunters from even studying the KGC while you post not a single authority from which you supposedly get your high-and-mighty evidence from.  Christian obviously can't see it and maybe he never will but, I for one, have better ways to spend my time than to argue with people with dishonest motives so, from this point forward, I will not reply to you (RO), GoldHunter1950, or anyone else who has nothing positive to contribute.  I will only contribute what I feel will help other treasure hunters on this forum.  I will not "moderate" this subforum because the duties of Moderator have been denied me because of your strategic insults and negative comments.  So you can rant and rave all you want but if you attack me personally, you'd better be able to back your mouths up physically because you will have to sooner or later. 
~Texas Jay   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg64104.html#msg64104

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

bloodybillandersonpostcard1.jpg

Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 25, 2009, 06:31:54 pm »
Go Up Go Down

In case you haven't noticed, RO, I don't intend to document anything for those who offer no documentation for any of your opinions.  Why don't you just move on to another subforum and request provenance and documentation for every member who finds a gold ring and tells about it on here?  I know what your game is and it is exactly like that of Ron West of my previous message.  Your sole intent is to cause trouble on this subforum and to discourage any treasure hunters from even studying the KGC while you post not a single authority from which you supposedly get your high-and-mighty evidence from.  Christian obviously can't see it and maybe he never will but, I for one, have better ways to spend my time than to argue with people with dishonest motives so, from this point forward, I will not reply to you (RO), GoldHunter1950, or anyone else who has nothing positive to contribute.  I will only contribute what I feel will help other treasure hunters on this forum.  I will not "moderate" this subforum because the duties of Moderator have been denied me because of your strategic insults and negative comments.  So you can rant and rave all you want but if you attack me personally, you'd better be able to back your mouths up physically because you will have to sooner or later. 
~Texas Jay   

Good grief. Nobody is attacking you, Jay. The material you bring into the discussion does not validate your claims. In some instances, the material does not even apply to the topic!

If you want to change history, or promote a fringe theory to other interested individuals...you need to bring more into the discussion than what you previously have.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg64109.html#msg64109

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #28 on: December 25, 2009, 07:57:44 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Jay, the only one who needs to provide evidence is you. You seem to believe that just because something is written it's true. You present a letter as proof that a gun belonged to Bill Anderson yet the very letter you present is contrary to that. They say that they cannot provide proof; that you need to go elsewhere for proof. Not only that but every single post you make here is nothing more than your daydreaming. There hasn't been a single bit of evidence placed here.

Have you no basic research skills? Do you know how to use a real library with archival evidence or are you locked into thinking that the Internet is the do-all and save-all repository of fact? Mate, it's just a tool, not evidence. You see something on the web and you confirm it. That's what researchers do. But you, on the other hand, see something on the web and believe it to be fact. That's sloppy research. Then you come along and try to call anyone who disagrees with you a liar or a trouble maker. Mate, the only trouble here is the fact that you can't seem to understand that facts are verifiable evidence. Anything else is speculation. If you want to play the "what if" game like you are, my only hope is you don't drag otherwise intelligent people into your fantasy world.

If someone questions you, you really should thank them. Instead, you act as if they're trying to bulldoze your house. Get over yourself. There may have been a KGC but it was never called that in its day. There may be a KGC treasure but most of us have known of its existence by the proper documentation of Confederate Gold. Believe what you want, mate, but before you bellow your insults at me, gather your facts. I refuse to simply lay down and accept your nonsense as fact. Deal with it.

There's something else you need to be aware of, Jay. Just because you are a moderator doesn't mean you are infallible. You can and do make mistakes. We all do. And just because you are a moderator doesn't mean that people who can do research and disprove your fantasies are yours to dismiss. This forum allows for dissenting opinions. If you took what you are calling fact to a courtroom, you'd be laughed out of the place. I don't care if you take my advice and learn to present evidence. You don't need my help to look foolish. Just keep on presenting letters that clearly state the sender can't verify the ownership of a gun and call it evidence that it belonged to Bill Anderson. That'll convince people of your side.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg64119.html#msg64119

« Last Edit: December 25, 2009, 08:03:47 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

Let's Talk Treasure!

Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 26, 2009, 07:24:25 am »
Go Up Go Down

I think this expose is hilarious considering that "Alec" has been so vehement in
his opposition to everything that he stated in this post just a few years ago!
Now the big question is, well, I suppose you all can figure that out.
~Texas Jay

Being 'Alec' isn't a member here, and cannot defend himself....I have taken the liberty of copy/pasting HIS reply to you from that same forum:

What caused me to see the light is that there are no facts concerning the KGC mega depositories. Anywhere! Lots of info about the KGC itself but absolutely nothing about treasures, except of course the information from Orvus Howk which is continually rehashed by all of the supposed KGC experts. Over and Over and over.........

You can't document what's not there. The information you use as "documented proof" all comes from the same original source which is Howk. Howk was a liar and conman. I have said this several times before also, there is no information that even alludes to the KGC having any large amounts of money or hiding any large treasures except for the info from Howk. If you study the KGC you will find very quickly that they weren't the secrect organization everyone likes to say they were and they did not have the organizational skills or the logistical support to pull off even 1/4 of what they are supposed to have done. They didn't even have the kind of money it would take to spend making these depositories much less putting any money in them.

None of this KGC depository nonsense even existed until Dalton and Howk showed up. Neither man was who or what they said they were. If these things really existed don't you think there would have been something prior to 1950 coming out about the treasures or talking about the group or the areas they were hiring help or bringing in workers, etc.? It's not like the KGC was some big secret back then. Everybody knew they existed and what they were trying to do and they couldn't even collect enough money to continue as a group much less put anything in the ground like the alleged tons of gold and silver that is talked about. All of the other Civil War information was available and coming out as it was happening in the 1800's.

All of the rumors about the South's money and where it went and who made have gotten it all came out in the 1800's. Why would the KGC be immune from any of this? They weren't a secret group, they had no money, they couldn't handle the task of making these depositories even if they could afford to do so because they didn't have the man power or money to do so.

To borrow from yammy, extrordinary claims require extra ordinary proof. None of which you or anybody else has because it doesn't exist, pure and simple.

You and boattow seem to spend more time trying to bait people into an argument than you do searching for the truth.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,10123.msg64159.html#msg64159

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 16   Go Up
Jump to:  
Attention!

Attention: This topic has been locked. Hence no new replies can currently be posted to it.