[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline jhd
Bronze Member

Mood:Happy
Happy

Thank you2

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1205.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Etrac, AT Pro, F75, Propointer, large industrial magnet on a rope.
« Reply #140 on: March 19, 2014, 05:28:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

We dont read the same history books, Custer was here and did get his butt handed to him by Pancho Villa. Before his last stand, see if you can find where he was stationed. You may find I am correct here.

The point is we couldn't take the mexicans then so it would not have happened. The KGC wanting to enslave the whole southern tip of the continent is false.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9394.msg274101.html#msg274101

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
74%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #141 on: March 19, 2014, 05:48:45 pm »
Go Up Go Down

JHD, I know that Custer was stationed in Texas after the Civil War and before he was killed at the Battle of the Little Big Horn  June 25/26, 1876.   I also know that Pancho Villa was born June 5, 1878---TWO YEARS AFTER George Custer was killed in Montana.  Pancho Villa did not become active until after 1910 (when he was still a relatively young 32 year old).

I'm not sure where you get your history books unless they come from an alternate universe.    You are certainly entitled to your own opinion, but you are not entitled to your own facts.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9394.msg274104.html#msg274104

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #142 on: March 19, 2014, 05:55:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by jhd
We dont read the same history books, Custer was here and did get his butt handed to him by Pancho Villa. Before his last stand, see if you can find where he was stationed. You may find I am correct here.

The point is we couldn't take the mexicans then so it would not have happened. The KGC wanting to enslave the whole southern tip of the continent is false.

Are you Nuts NOTE General Custer Born 5th December 1839,,,,DIED 25th of JUNE 1876

Poncho Villa BORN 5th of JUNE 1878,,,,,DIED 20th of JULY 1923

NOTE General Custer Died 1 year and 345 Days BEFORE Poncho Villa was Born

If you are going to Quote your countries History atleased Do right by your fellow Americans and GET IT RIGHT,,,

AU

Posted on: March 19, 2014, 05:53:49 pm
Sorry BA you and I posted at the same time and you beat me to the Draw

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9394.msg274106.html#msg274106

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
74%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #143 on: March 19, 2014, 08:33:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Ridge Runner
Sorry BA you and I posted at the same time and you beat me to the Draw

AU

No problem........and as for jhd's question as to whether we remember the Alamo or not......yeah, I remember the Alamo where Santa Anna needed a force that was at least 10 times as great as that of the defenders before he could get up the nerve to attack a makeshift fort that was way to large for the force inside it to have any reasonable expectation of defending it, and Goliad where the Mexican forces under the direct orders of Santa Anna executed over 400 unarmed prisoners of war, and San Jacinto where just over 900 Texians and Texicans killed or captured over 1300 Mexican troops including the self-proclaimed Napoleon of the West--Santa Anna, and the drawing of the beans at Ciudad Mier.  I also remember the Mexican American War including the San Patricios (for both the good and the bad that story tells) and the Battle of Chapultepec (the Halls of Montezuma) where Mexican cadet fought a losing battle that was so courageous and so hard-fought that it earned a place in the opponents' hymn.    So yeah, I remember the Alamo.  I remember most of my Texas history, both good and bad.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9394.msg274110.html#msg274110

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #144 on: March 19, 2014, 09:23:11 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I know Texas has been a big part of US History as it Is my Biggest interest at the moment as I am just learning about the TEXAS RANGERS, But going back to the Alamo off hand I cant think of a more Courageous Battle Ever, and I hate the fact that Jim Bowie died there among many others who shaped America's History and although to American's its along time ago it is not in reality and I feel it is important to stick to the facts and it is offensive when people make up their own version of things, And Damn right Trator like when A US Citizen does it,

I am surprized when someone insists that Poncho Villa kicked General Custer's Rear End especially when they are from the U.S.A. and claim such things with such passion is not only an insult to America, IT is an insult to the memory of such great People and History it's self.

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9394.msg274111.html#msg274111

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #145 on: March 19, 2014, 11:49:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Au, I'm not sure why you are getting so worked up
over a mistake that's made with history when u can easily
prove its a mistake, & not true?
 As for Jesse James faking his own death. Evidence maybe
provided,, but proving it true in 2014 is near impossible .

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9394.msg274112.html#msg274112

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #146 on: March 20, 2014, 04:36:12 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
Au, I'm not sure why you are getting so worked up
over a mistake that's made with history when u can easily
prove its a mistake, & not true?
 As for Jesse James faking his own death. Evidence maybe
provided,, but proving it true in 2014 is near impossible .

I'm not getting worked up about it, But how could you get it so wrong about Ned Kelly or Banjo Pattison or even Peter Brock

If you asked most People around the world about Famous American's you will find that they would come up with Elvis, JFK, Marilyn Munroe, Al Capone, Billy the Kid, Jesse James General Custer, Wyatt Earp, Jim Bowie,  President Lincoln, Mahammed Ali,etc

Not many people would know about that one of the first Mountain Men/Trail Blazers that learn to survive in the Wildernes was John Rae a Doctor from Scotland and was one of the first Arctic Explorers who was Born on september 30th 1813 and Died 22 of July 1893 FACT he also He was the Person who discovered the Northwest Passage Who worked for the Hudson Bay Trading Company and a MASSIVE amount of other Great Feats, But his tail is never mentioned here in the UK,,,,WHY because he found that Sir John Franklin's expedition team had resorted to cannibaisim on their failed expedition and when John Rae made out his Report and handed it FRANKLINS Widow set out to Distroy John Rae and with the help of British officials and the press did So. BUT JOHN RAE Had discovered more in his life than nearly all the others put together.

Anyway, The point is even a 10 year old American child could give you a more accurite time line than jhd's account of things and then have the nerve to argue with fellow American's about it, Is just plain stupid, There's a Reason that Seldom GD and BA aand the rest of us are Mods, and that is that we just might know a few of the facts about a particular Subjects

IF you do a search on John Rae not just WIKI then you will find out the facts about his rise and FALL from Grace and the Fact is he had the strength and physical power and endurance of the Best of todays Top Athletes and for any One here weather it be me GD or Seldom or YOU it is well worth reading everything about this man who was so Great,

There are bigger things is this world self promoting,  misQuoting Opinion

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9394.msg274114.html#msg274114

Offline goldnboy
Silver Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Australia

6165.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

gold stinger
« Reply #147 on: March 20, 2014, 08:09:41 am »
Go Up Go Down

Au. its interesting you mention John Rae. Sounds like a true ledgend, the name
sounds vaguely familiar, but if it wasn't for your post I wouldn't have known! That's one thing I
really like about this site. learning about some part of history a lot of
people don't probably know! You also show in your post when history don't turn into a good
story, or what people want to.hear u can hit a stone wall.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9394.msg274116.html#msg274116

Offline Ridge Runner
Mod
Platin Member

Thank you313

Activity
0%
Male

27450.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #148 on: March 20, 2014, 09:02:51 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by goldnboy
Au. its interesting you mention John Rae. Sounds like a true ledgend, the name
sounds vaguely familiar, but if it wasn't for your post I wouldn't have known! That's one thing I
really like about this site. learning about some part of history a lot of
people don't probably know! You also show in your post when history don't turn into a good
story, or what people want to.hear u can hit a stone wall.

Well the man was a Legend in his own life time but he never received any of the glory for Having mapped the Northwest Passage up through into Canada and the Arctic Circle, His Life story is more like that of the Great Mountain Men Crossed with captain cook, But what is worse is that Franklins wife had a Statue errected in her husbands honor when claiming John Rae's Glory when infact John Rae was asked by Mrs Franklin to go and Find her Husband and it took him three expeditions to find him and thats when John Rae made the horrific discovery that Sir John Franklin and the remains of his team had to resort to Cannibalisum and Upon his return to the UK Mrs Franklin used the government contacts and the press to discredit and distroy John Rae's achievements,

If you look up Ray Mears on you tube he dedicates a whole show to the Adventures of John Rae.

AU

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,9394.msg274118.html#msg274118

Offline cccalco
Knights of the Golden Circle
Bronze Member

Knights of the Golden Circle
Thank you0

Activity
0%