[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #100 on: February 05, 2010, 03:16:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by justint538
That makes no sense. Thats completely irrelevant to the subject and I never said anything about that. And there actually is proof that he's not her great grandfather. One, because thats a stupid idea. And two, and there is proof he was never in france. He maintan a close presence in his area.

It makes perfect sense based on your assumption that there's no reason something CANNOT be true.

What you said: "Thats very true raterry. I'm glad there is some other open minded people on here too. I'm glad we are looking at this the same way. There's no evidence saying he wasn't, so what's to say he wasn't part of the KGC?"

There's no evidence he isn't YOUR great grandfather. Does that make him your great grandfather? No, it sure doesn't. Do you see anything at all of value in what I write here? I'm not discussing the KGC at all. I'm discussing the shoddy research being done by these self proclaimed, pumped up conspiracy theorists who believe that the world is hiding information about the KGC. Your statement above is ludicrous and I extrapolated more ludicrous possibilities from the lack of evidence.

In reality, you have hit the nail squarely on the head when it comes to identifying the real source of misinformation here on this and other KGC threads. The amount of sheer guesswork that goes on regarding this topic is staggering. A cache of a small amount of money and some guns is found during a documentary. None of it can be identified as having belonged to any known person yet quite a few here believe it is proof that Jesse James hid it just because it's old. Absolute lunacy, that. The lack of research is embarrassing to the treasure hunting community at large.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg71189.html#msg71189

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Texas Jay
Bronze Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

805.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Gold Stinger
« Reply #101 on: February 05, 2010, 03:36:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

GD: Ask a serious question and I will give you a serious answer.  Then, you can answer my question above if you can.
~Texas Jay

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg71199.html#msg71199

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #102 on: February 05, 2010, 03:42:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Texas Jay
GD: Ask a serious question and I will give you a serious answer.  Then, you can answer my question above if you can.
~Texas Jay

I have repeatedly asked you questions. You have never answered one. Why not take your discussion to the heebie jeebie forum next door. No proof of anything required. Just spout off nonsense and demand that everyone believe you because you are, after all, Texas Jay.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg71203.html#msg71203

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Texas Jay
Bronze Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

805.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Gold Stinger
« Reply #103 on: February 05, 2010, 03:50:42 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by GoldDigger1950
I have repeatedly asked you questions. You have never answered one. Why not take your discussion to the heebie jeebie forum next door. No proof of anything required. Just spout off nonsense and demand that everyone believe you because you are, after all, Texas Jay.

GD (Ray Haddag): I must have missed your questions among all the insults you have posted.  To be honest, I can't remember you ever posting a legitimate question about anything related to this subforum.  Nothing but negative comments and insults...no sources, no answers, no questions...only insults like in your last quoted message.  Why don't you move on and spend your time doing cheesy card tricks on youtube?  There you have it, I asked for a serious question, you refused to give it but gave plenty of insults in your post so I returned in kind. 
~Texas Jay

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg71207.html#msg71207

Offline justint538
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

455.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace 250
« Reply #104 on: February 05, 2010, 07:10:22 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thats a nonsense assumptioon that he would he her great grandfather. He was never in France so its not possible. He blew that statement way out of proportion. If he would have asked anybody else on here about that question they would have completely understood what I was saying.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg71266.html#msg71266

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #105 on: February 06, 2010, 08:58:57 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Texas Jay
GD (Ray Haddag): I must have missed your questions among all the insults you have posted.  To be honest, I can't remember you ever posting a legitimate question about anything related to this subforum.  Nothing but negative comments and insults...no sources, no answers, no questions...only insults like in your last quoted message.  Why don't you move on and spend your time doing cheesy card tricks on youtube?  There you have it, I asked for a serious question, you refused to give it but gave plenty of insults in your post so I returned in kind. 
~Texas Jay

I believe you have someone else in mind, mate. Are you trying to stalk me to prove a point? So far, you're very wide of the mark.

Where do you get this stuff?

Thats a nonsense assumptioon that he would he her great grandfather. He was never in France so its not possible. He blew that statement way out of proportion. If he would have asked anybody else on here about that question they would have completely understood what I was saying.

No, what I did was the same thing you did. You clearly said there was no proof that he WASN'T something or other so therefore he COULD be that.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg71415.html#msg71415

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline justint538
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

455.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace 250
« Reply #106 on: February 07, 2010, 09:09:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

But he can't. During that time Napoleon was in France which was causing tremendous chaos. Also a couple years later started the reign of Charles X. Due to these reasons Americans didn't travel to France for the time being.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg71768.html#msg71768

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2010, 12:51:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

But he can't. During that time Napoleon was in France which was causing tremendous chaos. Also a couple years later started the reign of Charles X. Due to these reasons Americans didn't travel to France for the time being.

Napoleon died in 1821 (long before the Civil War) so it was a bit hard for him to have influenced the Civil War in America. On the other hand, France was tied up helping Maximillion in Mexico at the time so they weren't interested in helping the South without Britain. Despite England's still smoldering dislike for the American government, they were less charmed by the South and still smarting from the 1812 thing.

Mate, I know Jesse James didn't travel to Europe but there is nothing that says he didn't. Get it? Same logic you used. Nothing says he didn't so, he COULD have.

What I am getting at is simple. When doing research, your best course of action is to assume everything you have read is wrong. Everything. If you assume it's wrong and keep looking, you may find something to corroborate what you read. An INDEPENDENT source, not the same one repeated over and over again. When you do find that one, independent source, assume IT is false as well. And keep on proving the facts until you have irrefutable evidence at your disposal. Never, ever rely on Wiki or on a web source. Ever. They are mostly false and bolstered by people with an agenda. It may be a good agenda but it is still not going to be true just because they want it to be true.

So, please, do not misinterpret what I am telling you. Always check, double check and triple check each fact. Not by reading the same nonsense over and over again but by finding an independent corroboration. Failing to find corroboration doesn't necessarily make it false but it changes it from a fact to a legend or myth. It may only remain as such for a short time if you ever DO find more information.

This is a brief summary of basic research techniques. Just don't fall into the trap that Jay and others have where they keep finding the same information with the same old tired source and call it new information or corroboration each time they find it. They've got nothing new. Jay keeps trying to get me to tell him I've read a book he likes for his information. It's all he has. Sad, but that's what you are sniffing after. He's a one trick pony who has already made up his mind about things and is not open minded enough to see another clue if it bit him on the nose. I'm hoping that you will eventually see the chinks in the armor rather than see a false lead.

There may indeed be treasure out there but so far, nobody has ever managed to find a link (not a web link - a paper link) to anything that is specific enough to indicate that there ever was money collected at the rate the playbook demanded. Read carefully what has been posted here. It says this group or that group SHALL collect this or that funding but nowhere does it say that the funding WAS collected.

Use your head, mate. Think independently. Don't follow the rooster like a demented hen. Be an individual researcher. Always assume what you read is false. Keep proving that it is not. When you find the end of the trail, put it down for a while. The real pieces to the puzzle will eventually reveal themselves to your persistence.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg71975.html#msg71975

« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 01:04:23 am by GoldDigger1950 »

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline bigwater
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

5870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's GMT
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2010, 02:42:20 am »
Go Up Go Down

Good points all around GD, but to summarize for the people with short attention spans, Never believe anything you read or hear unless you already know it to be true, or you can independently verify it for yourself.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg71988.html#msg71988

Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2010, 06:24:23 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello All

GD and Big water makes some excellent points. It is not always easy to follow those principles but it will make you a much better researcher.

I cannot count the times I have strayed from that path and paid the price. You will know when your going badly when you start hammering pieces of the puzzle together Grin

I can only hope I do not stray too much these days. Cheesy

Hardluck  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg72007.html#msg72007

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16   Go Up
Jump to: