[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline joey4u8
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #150 on: February 16, 2011, 06:55:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi im Joey from Muscle Shoals im curious about this cave your talking about? was it located on the north bank because thats supposibly where redbone cave is but most likely under water they say Ive always like walking thru caves... where exactly was this cave loacted ?  there are many more around there.... I know where several caves in there area are maybe we can go thru it sometime? my email is joey4u8@yahoo.com if you want to send an email

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg146107.html#msg146107

Offline bigwater
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

5870.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

White's GMT
« Reply #151 on: February 17, 2011, 02:04:50 am »
Go Up Go Down

I know I could get to it if I was there driving around... but describing how to get there is a bit harder.  It was off a series of forest service/dirt roads right off of a bridge over a creek on the Natchez Trace.  And yes, it was on the Northwest side of the Tennessee River.  Shouldn't be too hard to find.  Just find a stoner high school kid and ask him.

Like I said, with the thousands of kids that have partied there over the years and the known location of that cave, I doubt if there is any treasure left there, if there ever was any in the first place.  It's been 12-15 years since I've been there, and it was always crawling with drunk, stoned kids... couples sneaking off in the cave to find private places to get naked and nasty... I don't see how every inch of it couldn't have been inspected by now.

It was known as "Redbone Cave" by the locals.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg146181.html#msg146181

« Last Edit: February 17, 2011, 02:11:59 am by bigwater »

Anybody who says "it can't be done" will usually be interrupted by somebody who is already doing it.

Print
Pages:  1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16    Go Up
Jump to: