[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Texas Jay
Bronze Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

805.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Gold Stinger
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2009, 10:13:28 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Like I said before, GoldDigger, I know what I know, I've seen what I've seen, and I have found what I have found regarding KGC treasure and no amount of arguing or "helpful advice" from you or anyone else can change these facts. Believe it or not, it doesn't matter to me.  I'm only interested in communicating the truth about the Knights of the Golden Circle and their massive treasure to those who want to enjoy the search and the possible rewards as I am enjoying them.
~Texas Jay 

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg61845.html#msg61845

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2009, 12:45:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Texas Jay
Like I said before, GoldDigger, I know what I know, I've seen what I've seen, and I have found what I have found regarding KGC treasure and no amount of arguing or "helpful advice" from you or anyone else can change these facts. Believe it or not, it doesn't matter to me.  I'm only interested in communicating the truth about the Knights of the Golden Circle and their massive treasure to those who want to enjoy the search and the possible rewards as I am enjoying them.
~Texas Jay 

How can you know the truth from documents that are written by someone dead for nearly a century? You certainly can't interview them nor can you verify a single thing they wrote about actions where they were not present. The mind boggles at how easily treasure hunters can be led down the garden path by their own imagination.

As I said before, I am not a believer nor a disbeliever. What I seek is TRUTH, not supposition based on a document that is 140 years old.

As an example, take something from that document and locate conclusively where it occurred. Prove it somehow and offer the proof here and I will become a believer. At this moment, I neither believe nor disbelieve because the facts are still not in. Just because a book is old or written by a contemporary of the people of the time doesn't mean it is true and factual. Wishing it to be true is exactly the same as wishing the Yamashita treasure is true.

What you need is more research, mate. You need more things to prove each alleged fact. I wish you well, but, as anyone who has hunted buried treasure for real knows, the path is NEVER written down for the public to see. As soon as this book went to publication, it is clearly not fact.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg61868.html#msg61868

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Nc-Dirty-digger
Bronze Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

745.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab xterra70/garrett1350/minelab relic hawk
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2009, 01:49:45 am »
Go Up Go Down

what book would you two be refering to Huh??
ok i want to join in on this topic.i think everyone is entitaled to there opinions , but once you post a topic in a forum you are opening yourself up to everyone else that believes or not.by what i have seen i believe myself in the KGC hidden treasures.i would like to add that if you do not know how to read or inturpted the symbols left behind then you will never know what lie's in waiting.as far as the symbols they were ment to through people off. they used indian symbols mexican symbols and the symbols they made up that only KGC members know and the sentinals.all the members that set out to hide this great treasure did so seprately so the symbols had to be reconized by all the members so they could locate the treasure when they needed to.people die that is why people kept diaries and jurnals to help them remember but without all of the puzzle you will never find it.thats just like why they prefer a certain type of tree to leave there codes on .do you know what that tree was called.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg61875.html#msg61875

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2009, 04:06:08 am »
Go Up Go Down

NC-Dirty-Digger,

There is a lot of speculating going on here in this thread over a diary written more than 140 years ago and published by someone other than the original writer. As anyone who writes knows, there is a lot of information that can and will be changed during the transcription of a diary with opinion added by the person doing the transcription. It happens all the time and those who use such documentation as reference must be aware that it is not a primary source document when it is rewritten. If the original diary pages are available for comparison, that would be wonderful. Even better, if they were available and there was a comparision of handwriting it would add to the provenance.

What this forum needs is people with thicker skins. When someone challenges a conjecture like I do, it should bolster the desire to find the facts and present them. Instead, it causes a withdrawal and worsening of the conjecture. This "I know what I know, I've seen what I've seen" statement above is what I am talking about. There could never be a clearer demonstration of double talk than that.

There never will be any proof offered. Only old texts and guesses. There's nothing wrong with that to some degree but this isn't an Indiana Jones movie. It's real life with real rattlesnakes and real dangerous places to search and very evil people out there who would take that treasure of yours when you find it. Thus, I feel compelled to ask the hard questions here. As I pointed out in one of the Yamashita threads, if there is a snake getting read to strike you, should I warn you or let you get bitten?

The people in these forums are not the same actual people I have sat around campfires with discussing treasure but they are the generation of today who are doing what we did years ago. Around the campfire there were heated arguments and discussions about the treasure we were seeking. But nobody had the forced civility of these forums even when it is not deserved. You may not think so but I am always civil. But I am also brutally honest and I appreciate it when someone is the same with me. I have thick skin, toughened over the yeas.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg61888.html#msg61888

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Nc-Dirty-digger
Bronze Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

745.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab xterra70/garrett1350/minelab relic hawk
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2009, 04:22:58 am »
Go Up Go Down

thats pretty much what i was saying. once you make a post you are open to the opinions of everyone that feels like making a comment.weather they support you or not.there will always be someone that knows something you dont or has a relaative that knew a guy who's grandfather told him a story about this hidden treasure.i think if you dont want others opinions dont make a post.cuase there is always someone to argue with

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg61893.html#msg61893

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2009, 10:59:31 am »
Go Up Go Down

John Surratt?s diary was a fictional novel, written by an author known for writing dime store novels. The author, Dion Haco, is known for writing fictional novels in regards to President Lincoln, Lincoln?s assassination and conspiracy theories. Simply put, Dion Haco is not known for writing historically correct scholarly papers, reports or books.

It should be easy enough to ?prove? the book is not a novel, by supplying a peer-reviewed source that others in academia support this theory.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg61958.html#msg61958

Offline Texas Jay
Bronze Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

805.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Gold Stinger
« Reply #36 on: December 09, 2009, 03:15:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

KGC Treasure Found:

Please Register or Login

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-treasure5dec05,0,387467.story?coll=la-home-center

Bob Brewer:

"...Along the way, Brewer says, he has unearthed about $200,000 worth of gold and silver coins. It's enough to support his modest lifestyle, and to thumb his nose at those who might think he's just another old coot with a metal detector.

"It's my damn story," he says, "and if they don't believe it I'm not gonna worry about it, damn it. Pardon my French."..."

~Texas Jay

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg61988.html#msg61988

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2009, 04:16:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Jay,

This is discussion. Keep that in mind.

I read the article. There is a lot of speculation in it. Statements like "Lots of people have ideas" and "I think" are not proof or provenance of the caches found. Try and apply the same provenance to these caches found as those that are required of a wreck diver. A can of coins? A jar of coins? Who can prove their origin? Thousands hid them during the Depression or in the 1800s.

These are the telling statements in the article:

"There certainly was an organization called the Knights of the Golden Circle," McPherson allows, noting the group sought to spread slavery by annexing territory in Mexico and the Caribbean in the years before the Civil War.

But once the war began, "the story becomes pretty shadowy," he says.

"My guess is that as the war went on, its reality kind of shaded over into myth," he says.

The items found have not been proven to be KGC treasure although Bob Brewer is convinced it is. His convictions, no matter how strong, are not provenance. This is the crux of the matter entirely.

I am sure you won't see what I mean about proof because you so desperately want to believe. The article is poorly written journalism that leads to an incorrect conclusion by readers.

This statement, by Jim Weaver, is just a claim without evidence presented.
"He says he's seen evidence "beyond any possible shadow of a doubt" in Oklahoma."

If I swear to you anything I want without showing a lick of proof, you'd believe it? Not likely. Why do you believe these statements? There's no proof being presented at all. Just testimony with winks.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg61993.html#msg61993

« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 04:18:12 pm by GoldDigger1950 »

Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Texas Jay
Bronze Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

805.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Gold Stinger
« Reply #38 on: December 09, 2009, 04:43:19 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Ray, I consider Bob and Linda Brewer as friends.  Instead of constantly challenging the evidence presented here on this board, I strongly suggest you complain to the subjects of the interview, the journalist who wrote the article, or even the LA Times.  You can call them liars if you want but please don't try to advise me on how to moderate this subforum or criticize me for sticking to the topics.  I'll be waiting for you to "prove" the caches you claim to have found on the appropriate forums.  Maybe I'll believe you and maybe I won't.
~Texas Jay
Michael Griffith's KGC finds:

Please Register or Login

http://74.6.146.127/search/cache?ei=UTF-8&p=Michael+Griffith+Daily+Oklahoma+treasure+gold&fr=yfp-t-701&u=www.discoveryof.com/eZine/NewsArticles/_2003/_09/20030914-001.pdf&w=michael+mike+griffith+daily+oklahoma+treasure+treasures+gold&d=ZjmrI929T5W3&icp=1&.intl=us&sig=N4SFGEykdAtK6JURbZK.7Q--

Passage from the above article:

"...One treasure hunter, Poteau, Oklahoma resident Michael Griffith unearthed from the
property a Colt pistol and an old snuff jar filled with gold coins and silver dollars dating
1844-1880. The Gillespie sisters maintain that Griffith did so without permission and
continues to sell the photographs garnered from their property to sell on his website

Please Register or Login

www.outlawtreasure.worldbreak.com
as examples of Knights of the Golden Circle
(KGC) signs and symbols as a treasure hunter?s guide.
Bob Brewer, a treasure hunter who accompanied Griffith to the site and helped decipher
the codes, maintains Griffith led him to the Gillespie ranch on the pretense that
permission had been garnered from the owners. Brewer, along with Bloomberg News
editor-at-large Warren Getler, recently co-authored a book, Shadow of the Sentinel
(available via Amazon.com), with one chapter dedicated to the Gillespie ranch. Getler, at
first skeptical, was convinced after visiting the Wapanuka ranch, that it is the site of a
KGC depository...."
~Texas Jay

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg61997.html#msg61997

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

« Reply #39 on: December 09, 2009, 05:08:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yikes!

Still nothing but conjecture, Jay. Somebody is convinced? There is no evidence except a snuff box and guns in that report you quited. Wow. Nobody but KGC members had those? Are you serious?

And I am not advising you on how to moderate a thing. I am simply enjoying an exchange of ideas. Your investment in this subject is way too emotional. Back off and examine the facts. So far, I have seen nothing except guesswork. Have you ever read any books by Eric Von Danikan? He writes in much the same way. Lots of conjecture with absolutely no supporting evidence. Evidence being something like a gun with a serial number that was known to have been purchased by Jesse James. Something like that.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg61999.html#msg61999

Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 16   Go Up
Jump to: