[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline spx786
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace 250
« Reply #40 on: December 10, 2009, 01:10:40 am »
Go Up Go Down

What do you mean Snuff Bar and Guns?Huh? Here's what Jay quoted from the article "Colt pistol and an old snuff jar filled with gold coins and silver dollars dating
1844-1880."

Why do you think Jay is emotionally involved and not looking at the facts when the facts present themselves. Just look at the Jesse James Hidden Treasure show on the History Channel, the silver coins are tarnished and not new and anyone who knows anything about Gold will tell you that Gold doesn't tarnish period! And what about the Gold bar they pulled from the base of a tree, do you think that just fell out of someones pocket? And the dates on the coins gives more evidence supporting it being a KGC Cache!

The trouble with history is that people can be so unwilling to look at all sides. Especially when someone is presented with a new or differing viewpoint. Jay and others are here on this forum presenting things for us to all look at and learn from. History is always changing as new evidence is discovered.  Great

-SPX786

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg62035.html#msg62035

« Last Edit: December 10, 2009, 01:13:59 am by spx786 »
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2009, 02:26:24 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by spx786
What do you mean Snuff Bar and Guns?Huh? Here's what Jay quoted from the article "Colt pistol and an old snuff jar filled with gold coins and silver dollars dating
1844-1880."

Why do you think Jay is emotionally involved and not looking at the facts when the facts present themselves. Just look at the Jesse James Hidden Treasure show on the History Channel, the silver coins are tarnished and not new and anyone who knows anything about Gold will tell you that Gold doesn't tarnish period! And what about the Gold bar they pulled from the base of a tree, do you think that just fell out of someones pocket? And the dates on the coins gives more evidence supporting it being a KGC Cache!

The trouble with history is that people can be so unwilling to look at all sides. Especially when someone is presented with a new or differing viewpoint. Jay and others are here on this forum presenting things for us to all look at and learn from. History is always changing as new evidence is discovered.  Great

-SPX786

Well, my point is that thousands of people could have buried the very same objects. Jesse James didn't own every last gun or silver coin of that era. There is no direct link. It COULD have been Jesse James or it COULD have been Clive Bosco.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg62044.html#msg62044

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2009, 03:41:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

1844-1880."

-SPX786

The Jesse James treasure show was just that, a show. They didn't disclose any new information to prove Jesse James was involved with the Knights of the Golden Circle. If anything, the show showed how ridiculous these myths are

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg62055.html#msg62055

Offline spx786
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace 250
« Reply #43 on: December 10, 2009, 02:32:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Actually, the Jesse James show that you speak of was a documentary and not just a show, the movie with Brad Pitt was a show.
 Great
-SPX786

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg62159.html#msg62159

Offline Texas Jay
Bronze Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

805.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Gold Stinger
« Reply #44 on: December 10, 2009, 03:23:16 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi Nc-Dirty-digger.  The book we were discussing was "The Private Journal & Diary of John H. Surratt, The Conspirator".  The online version can be viewed at:

Please Register or Login

http://www.archive.org/details/privatejournaldi00surr

Not only does the Library of Congress refer to this as non-fiction but obviously the editor Dion Haco, the original pubisher F.A. Brady of New York, and the newest publisher Ramble House concurred.  Are all of these professionals wrong?  Members can read the preceding messages to find that the only source that the naysayers can come up with to support their ridiculous allegations that it is "fiction" is their own faked attempt at inserting "Probably fictitious", anonymously, on the Open Library webpage for the book. 

Please Register or Login

http://www.ramblehouse.com/surratt.htm

Thank you for joining this discussion.
~Texas Jay

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg62165.html#msg62165

Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2009, 06:41:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Actually, the Jesse James show that you speak of was a documentary and not just a show, the movie with Brad Pitt was a show.
 Great
-SPX786

Documentary of some treasure hunters looking for planted...er, buried treasure. Not too much of an impressive documentary, in my opinion. Too many guns, too many unsupported conspiracy theories.
Quote:Posted by Texas Jay

Not only does the Library of Congress refer to this as non-fiction but obviously the editor Dion Haco, the original pubisher F.A. Brady of New York, and the newest publisher Ramble House concurred.  Are all of these professionals wrong?  Members can read the preceding messages to find that the only source that the naysayers can come up with to support their ridiculous allegations that it is "fiction" is their own faked attempt at inserting "Probably fictitious", anonymously, on the Open Library webpage for the book. 

Dion Haco was only known for writing dime store novels. Claiming publishes, who are not known for fact checking, as reliable references is a joke, at best.

It is understandable how and why conspiracy theorists cling to these novels, as there is nothing in academia or scholarly publications that would support their cause.   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg62197.html#msg62197

Offline Texas Jay
Bronze Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

805.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Gold Stinger
« Reply #46 on: December 10, 2009, 06:46:35 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Rational Observer
Documentary of some treasure hunters looking for planted...er, buried treasure. Not too much of an impressive documentary, in my opinion. Too many guns, too many unsupported conspiracy theories.

RO, you need to watch the documentary one more time even though I doubt you have ever watched it the first time.  You show your ignorance when you claim the coins were "planted".  I've been metal detecting for 40 years and I have never found a recently "planted" target underneath thick roots that had to be chopped through to get to the cache in the program.  It takes years for roots of that size to grow above an buried object.  The only people those coins and jar were planted by were the KGC over 100 years ago.  I can hardly wait to read your reaction when Pastore's group gets down to the huge "glowing" object that appeared on the magnetometer.  You are going to have a hard time explaining how he "planted" a depository room full of precious metal. 
~Texas Jay

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg62198.html#msg62198

« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 08:23:51 pm by Christian »
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #47 on: December 10, 2009, 08:49:34 pm »
Go Up Go Down

RO, you need to watch the documentary one more time even though I doubt you have ever watched it the first time.  You show your ignorance when you claim the coins were "planted".  I've been metal detecting for 40 years and I have never found a recently "planted" target underneath thick roots that had to be chopped through to get to the cache in the program.  It takes years for roots of that size to grow above an buried object.  The only people those coins and jar were planted by were the KGC over 100 years ago.  I can hardly wait to read your reaction when Pastore's group gets down to the huge "glowing" object that appeared on the magnetometer.  You are going to have a hard time explaining how he "planted" a depository room full of precious metal. 
~Texas Jay

Please Register or Login

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bloodybillandersonmystery

You doubt I watched it? I show my ignorance? Dude, you need to learn some manners on how to carry on an intelligent discussion.

The Mason jar was in suspiciously soft soil, and the alleged "gold bar" was literally inside a hole in the base of the tree. Not underneath the tree.   

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg62229.html#msg62229

Offline Texas Jay
Bronze Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

805.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Gold Stinger
« Reply #48 on: December 10, 2009, 09:36:46 pm »
Go Up Go Down

RO, rather than displaying bad manners in my reply, I was actually just calling it as I see it.  After reading your reply, I stand by my belief that you did not pay attention if you even watched Jesse James Hidden Treasure.  The crude gold bar was in fact underneath the trunk of the tree and I saw no reason to play word games.  What you claim was "suspiciously soft soil" was sandy soil and most sand is "soft".  But you never explained how the thick roots miraculously appeared above the jar of coins that you claimed were "planted".  Nor have you yet given a single legitimate source who shares your mistaken notion that John Surratt's Diary was a work of fiction.  So, I will not even attempt to get into an "intelligent discussion" with you.  It is clear that your main intent in posting in this subforum is to cause trouble and I will not allow that to happen just as I do not allow such foolishness to go on in my own Bloody Bill Anderson Mystery group.  We are here to have fun and enjoy the hobby of treasure hunting, not to debate manners or to make personal attacks so I will delete any future negative messages from you, RO, that are not in the spirit of sharing something constructive with other members of this excellent website.   
~Texas Jay

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg62238.html#msg62238

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #49 on: December 11, 2009, 01:13:28 am »
Go Up Go Down

RO, rather than displaying bad manners in my reply, I was actually just calling it as I see it.  After reading your reply, I stand by my belief that you did not pay attention if you even watched Jesse James Hidden Treasure.  The crude gold bar was in fact underneath the trunk of the tree and I saw no reason to play word games.  What you claim was "suspiciously soft soil" was sandy soil and most sand is "soft".  But you never explained how the thick roots miraculously appeared above the jar of coins that you claimed were "planted".  Nor have you yet given a single legitimate source who shares your mistaken notion that John Surratt's Diary was a work of fiction.  So, I will not even attempt to get into an "intelligent discussion" with you.  It is clear that your main intent in posting in this subforum is to cause trouble and I will not allow that to happen just as I do not allow such foolishness to go on in my own Bloody Bill Anderson Mystery group.  We are here to have fun and enjoy the hobby of treasure hunting, not to debate manners or to make personal attacks so I will delete any future negative messages from you, RO, that are not in the spirit of sharing something constructive with other members of this excellent website.  
~Texas Jay

I trust you are aware of Christian's policy regarding freedom to speak one's mind. Deleting posts is against that policy. Let's take any further discussion of this to the Moderator's Forum.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,7224.msg62273.html#msg62273

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16   Go Up
Jump to: