[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Balto BobTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

35.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Shadow X2
« on: January 31, 2010, 03:14:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Was just chatting with an ole Army buddy down in VA and he saw 1/2 of a program about Jesse James and his hidden loot in Kansas.  Supposedly they were finding mason jars with some silver dollars (Morgans of course) and a gold coin too.  He asked me if I had heard about the mason jar hoard - which I haven't.  Did anyone else catch that show?  Never know about these ole tails that raom the interent.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11012.msg70349.html#msg70349

Offline Texas Jay
Bronze Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

805.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Gold Stinger
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2010, 03:19:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The name of the program was "Jesse James' Hidden Treasure" and has been shown on the History Channel.  It involves Knights of the Golden Circle treasure and is discussed on the "Knights of the Golden Circle subforum on this website.
~Texas Jay

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11012.msg71274.html#msg71274

« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 08:18:40 pm by Christian »
Offline cccalco
Knights of the Golden Circle
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

890.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2010, 02:08:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Jesse James and the Knights of the Golden Circle: Jesse Outside of Missouri (Part 1)
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 14, 2010

Please Register or Login

http://treasuretrovegold.blogspot.com/2010/04/confederate-partisan-rangers-fletch.html

PHOTO;Confederate "partisan rangers" Fletch Taylor, Frank James, and Jesse, circa 1865.

A Fundamental Premise

One of the fundamental premises central to Jesse James?s role as a key player in the Knights of the Golden Circle (KGC) is the fact that Jesse spent time outside of the state of Missouri. Obviously, Jesse and Frank James? Confederate partisan ranger and bank /train robbery activities (and those of many James Gang members) in Missouri are well documented, creating a distinct timeline for those activities.

What is not as well known however, are Jesse?s movements and activities outside his home state of Missouri, particularly those that occurred after the end of the U.S. Civil War in the Spring of 1865. Since many KGC treasure caches and repositories are said to be buried in other states, any documentation that establishes a presence of Jesse, Frank, or the James Gang as a whole in those other states presents an important clue to researching and potentially tracking down the location of these troves.

Other Forces and Other Actions

In past posts I?ve already mentioned the likelihood of Jesse travelling to other states. What I want to present here though is hard, well-documented evidence that Jesse, Frank, and/or the James Gang ?visited? other states and left behind a record or timeline of their presence in those states.

Ostensibly, the greater part of the James Boys? and James Gang activities in those other states concerned robbery and, to a certain extent, mayhem and murder. But underneath the superficial aspects of these activities other forces and other actions may have been at work as well, including those relating to the Knights and KGC treasure.

Evidence of Jesse?s Presence in Other States

Alabama: In March 1881 (a year before Jesse was murdered by that ?dirty little coward? Bob Ford) Jesse and Frank are recognized while robbing a bank in Muscle Shoals, Alabama. The Boys make a clean getaway and are not seen in the area again.

Arkansas: Jesse and four members of the James Gang hold up a stagecoach outside Hot Springs, Arkansas in January 1874. Along with cash Jesse and the others make off with watches and personal jewelry items totaling over $3,000. (Note: When relatives went through Jesse?s personal belongings after his murder, they found a pocket watch that was taken in this robbery. J.R.)

Iowa: Along with the Younger Brothers, Jesse and Frank rob a train near Adair, Iowa in July 1873. The gang is able to achieve this difficult task by derailing the Rock Island and Pacific RR engine, causing a crash that kills the train?s engineer. The Boys make off with $2,500-$3,500 in loot.

I have much more to come on Jesse?s activities outside of Missouri in a subsequent post. Be safe until then and, as always, good hunting.
? J.R. 2010
Questions? E-mail me at jr872vt90@yahoo.com

Please Register or Login

http://knights-of-the-golden-circle.blogspot.com

Jesse James and the Knights of the Golden Circle: Jesse Outside of Missouri (Conclusion)

Jesse James and the Knights of the Golden Circle:
Jesse Outside of Missouri (Conclusion)
WEDNESDAY, APRIL 21, 2010

Please Register or Login

http://treasuretrovegold.blogspot.com/2010/04/jesse-james-and-knights-of-golden_21.html

PHOTO: The First National Bank of Northfield, Minnesota, the "overripe plum ready for easy picking" by the James and Younger Gangs.

I stated in the previous post on this topic that I?d provide you with more dates and locations that show Jesse James? (and in some instances, Frank James? and the James Gang?s) activities outside of the state of Missouri. So here you are:
Evidence of Jesse?s Presence in Other States (continued)

Minnesota: Perhaps the single most famous (or infamous) heist that the James and Younger Gangs attempted to pull off was what is often called ?The Great Northfield Minnesota Raid.? The Boys rode all the way up to Northfield, Minnesota in September 1876 thinking that the First National Bank of Northfield was an overripe plum ready for easy picking. Instead, Jesse, Frank, and the Youngers rode into a veritable hornet?s nest.

Things went wrong in Northfield almost immediately. A bank cashier named Heyman (rather bravely or stupidly, as the case may be) refused to open the cash drawer. Jesse, impatient and angry, promptly shot Heyman in the head dispatching the unwise cashier forthwith. Townsfolk, hearing the shot in the bank and the resultant bank alarm, began arming themselves with shotguns, pistols, and hunting rifles.

As the James and Younger Gangs saddled up to flee the ire (and the guns) of the good citizens of Northfield they had to run a gauntlet of bullets fired from every vantage point. Gang members Charley Pitts and Bill Chadwell were killed instantly while Bob and Jim Younger were seriously wounded but still managed to make it out of town. Jesse and Frank skeedaddled on back to Missouri unharmed, but probably much wiser after their run in with the Minnesotans.

Tennessee: A man calling himself Mr. B.J. Woodson rents a small house on Fatherland Street in Nashville, Tennessee in February 1881. Mr. Woodson turns out to be none other than Frank James, while one of his long-term visitors (a certain John D. Howard) is actually his brother Jesse.

Texas: In April 1874 Jesse decides to tie the knot with his first cousin Zerelda Mimms. The newlyweds then take a short honeymoon along the shores of the Gulf of Mexico at Galveston, Texas.

Texas: Surprisingly enough, a stagecoach is robbed of $3,000 just outside Austin, Texas in April of 1874 as well. Evidently Jesse decided to pay for his honeymoon the ?easy way.?

West Virginia: To celebrate his 28th birthday, Jesse (along with the James and Younger Gangs) robs the Huntington Bank in Huntington, West Virginia on September 5, 1875. Although one of their party is slightly wounded in the ensuing shoot out the Boys still make a pretty nice score, riding off into the sunset with nearly $20,000 in cash, silver, and gold.

That?s all on this particular topic. I hope you learned something new about Jesse, his whereabouts, and his likely link to the Knights of the Golden Circle (KGC).

Remember, the theory is that Jesse?s presence (and some of the robberies he committed) in those other states were the source of no small number of KGC caches and troves. Either way, I?ve presented some of the evidence of Jesse?s presence outside of the state of Missouri.

Good hunting.

? J.R. 2010
Questions? E-mail me at jr872vt90@yahoo.com
Posted by J.R. at 1:52 PM 

Please Register or Login

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11012.msg87101.html#msg87101

Knights of the Golden Circle Research and Archive

Offline midnightmechanic
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
United States

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 2500
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 12:04:15 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hey is this on the Discovery channel Jessie James lost loot  where they found a few 20 Dollar Gold coins and the dude was rubbing the dirt off it with his thumb, Then they found a clump of coins,jewelry or ? melted together then ending the show with a backhoe dragging itself across the ground? Ha Ha if thats the one yeah it was amusing for sure!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11012.msg90386.html#msg90386

Offline cccalco
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

890.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2010, 03:14:49 am »
Go Up Go Down

Knights of the Golden Circle treasure maps 10

Please Register or Login

http://undergrounddiscovery.com/20/knights-of-the-golden-circle-treasure-maps-10/

Excerpt:

"Knights of the Golden Circle treasure maps often included many formats for signs and symbols. Some of the basics of these signs and symbols have been reviewed in other publications, i.e. the books of Dr. Roy William Roush. Dr. Roush is a personal friend of mine as well as a partner in several treasure hunting ventures. If you do not have his collection of books on the KGC, go to knightsofthegoldencircle.net and order the entire set. His fourth book, Jesse James and Lost Treasures of the Knights of the Golden Circle, has just come available. Tell him Dr. John sent you?.

Although we will return to treasure signs in the near future, I must pause here for a stern warning. The Knights of the Golden Circle were very familiar with the building of death traps. They understood well the Spanish death traps and added a few of their own twists to them. For example, I have personally seen and dealt with the water traps of the KGC. Once you are inside the entryway of the largest of the KGC repositories, you may think you have found the entrance to that repository. In your excitement you will want to remove the stone you are sure forms the entry to that repository. Removal of that stone may very well cause an immediate and violent flooding of the entire chamber from a lake above the repository. It was not the entry to the repository; it was the entryway for the water that will drown you. Other traps I have seen include mechanical rock falls, sand falls and bottled chemicals where a falling rock or a rock you stepped on will breaks the glass and the chemical will kill you. The death traps are very well designed and I would not recommend you attempt to diffuse them without help from someone that knows them quite well. I have had some excellent training from when I was younger and even now the sweat breaks beads on my forehead as I cautiously proceed!

Remember, for example, that the southern sympathizers in New York (KGC) used Greek Fire to try to burn the city down and were very close to succeeding. Greek Fire, when exposed to the air is combustible and phosphorus based. These Knights played for keeps and they knew their Chemistry 101. Be cautious; be careful!"

Please Register or Login

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11012.msg90739.html#msg90739

Knights of the Golden Circle Research and Archive

Offline toleary34
Silver Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

3160.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Bounty Hunter Quick Draw 2
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2010, 04:11:53 am »
Go Up Go Down

very very interesting information.  thanks for sharing with us, this topic catches my eye because of my infactuation with my local history and Butch Cassidy's Wild Bunch.  i love outlaw history, thanks again

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11012.msg90750.html#msg90750

Offline midnightmechanic
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Female
United States

85.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett 2500
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 06:47:38 pm »
Go Up Go Down

When there is a group,gang or fun loving criminals such as Butch  and Sundance that rob a bank take a picture postcard of themselves and send it back to the bank with a note: Thanks for the money! is pure class in my book,The only thing that I can think of that would of made it better is to have sent it postage due and let the Bank pay the postage fee!, But then again I guess the Banks money paid for it anyway!, Money will spent I think cause that pic is priceless too me and made them Legends!!!
Thank You very much on the KGC warning on Death traps!!! I have read some on them and yes they did play for keeps. I have a lot to learn on them and 1 must use common sense in exploring the unknown, Curiosity  killed the cat par say?! I have heard of trip wires tied to Nitro Glycerin bottles set too seal ones fate along with false floor's that tilt, from the simple to the elaborate traps and very well concealed, But like Ive said, I got a lot too learn, So thank you for the heads up on the books as I will be getting them!!! I use to work laying underground phone lines and optic fiber cables,I was 12-15ft down when the ground gave way,When the dust cleared I was buried to the waist in muck and couldn't move, looking up at the 580 Case backhoe with the ground hollowed out beneath it is something I do not ever wanna see again!, It didn't take me long to dig my butt out a there and find a different line of work the next week!!!  Life is too short too make it shorter, Thanks again!!!
Dr.John I re-read your letter 2 more times then studied it. I was never aware of the New York indecent with the Greek fire! The KGC is a group NOT to be taken lightly by any means!!!!! I would like to Thank You once again for your warning, If at all possible please keep in touch with me as I concider you a very valuable asset!!!!!!! Yeah I am a bit superstitious but thats ok cause I am not Dead yet, just had some very good lessons with close calls!, I know I have been living on borrowed time for over 30 years.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11012.msg91148.html#msg91148

Offline JesseJames
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garret and whites
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2010, 02:51:00 pm »
Go Up Go Down

great stuff thanks
I loved this documentary about Jesse and the KGC.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11012.msg114799.html#msg114799

Offline DailyDigger
Treasure Hunter Radio returns in 2012
Bronze Member

Treasure Hunter Radio returns in 2012
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 4

655.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 04:15:23 pm »
Go Up Go Down

That special was terrific! I actually spoke with the head of NGS, Ron Pastore on Monday, hoping to get him on an upcoming episode of Treasure Hunter Radio. He was the guy leading the search for the buried caches and such. He has a new book on the Jesse James and the treasure due to be released any day now.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11012.msg114809.html#msg114809

Enter to win a 1oz American Eagle

Please Register or Login

Offline buynyl
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

5.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

yes i have one
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2012, 06:02:59 pm »
Go Up Go Down

in some research I found a skull and crossbones similar to your icon.  was this used by the KGC or any of the outlaws you reference?  I am still gathering information related to the sight.  the carving is surrounded by other initials and symbols and many date from 1900 and older.  several are date 1860's and 70's.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11012.msg226848.html#msg226848

Print
Pages:  1 2   Go Up
Jump to: