[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline RBWDharmaTopic starter
Foil

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

0.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garett Ace 250
« on: February 21, 2010, 05:34:36 am »
Go Up Go Down

Good Morning,

I just saw that Jesse James KGC thing on History Channel.  The more I think about it the more it seems really unlikely that they actually found anything.  I was really wondering why they are carrying guns and fake badges too?  Anyone got anything to add to this?  Oh, I also ordered a metal detector and I have no idea what's a good one so anything about metal detectors could certainly help.

Thanks alot,
Richard

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11625.msg74758.html#msg74758

Offline m_elect
Pull Tab

Thank you3

Activity
0%

Azerbaijan

75.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 12:02:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

hi
I can help
and if u clever, u can found gold piece
good luck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11625.msg74854.html#msg74854

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
76%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 03:26:30 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Richard,  I'm not really suprised they found mason jar wih coins as well as the busted mason jars.   As with all such shows, you get shown the successes...but not necessarily the failures or the disappointments that led up to the success.  Also, just because the found the mason jars doesn't mean a) that it was planted by the James gang or b) that whoever planted it was working on behalf of the KGC.....on the other hand, I don't know of anything that invalidates that particular set of claims ---- further even if a member of the James gang acting on behalf of the KGC planted a mason jar containing coins dated after Jesse James was supposedly killed, it doesn't automatically follow that it was JJ that planted the coins or even that JJ was alive......but I can't currently disprove any of their contentions either.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11625.msg75764.html#msg75764

Offline johnlaw
Bronze Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab se pro & sovriegn xs & Excaliber 1000 & Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 07:14:37 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by RBWDharma
Good Morning,

I just saw that Jesse James KGC thing on History Channel.  The more I think about it the more it seems really unlikely that they actually found anything.  I was really wondering why they are carrying guns and fake badges too?  Anyone got anything to add to this?  Oh, I also ordered a metal detector and I have no idea what's a good one so anything about metal detectors could certainly help.

Thanks alot,
Richard

Hi Richard....What kind of detector did you order? .......As to the KGC I wonder if anyone has ever searched for family items from KGC members. I believe if I were personally trying to find out more about them I would place adds for KGC articles, member diaries and any regalia that someone might possess.

John in Va...

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11625.msg75817.html#msg75817

Johnlaw

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
76%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 09:42:27 pm »
Go Up Go Down

As usual, John, you are spot on. 

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11625.msg75841.html#msg75841

Offline johnlaw
Bronze Member

Thank you3

Activity
0%
Male
United States

2305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab se pro & sovriegn xs & Excaliber 1000 & Bounty Hunter Big Bud Pro
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 10:28:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by BitburgAggie_7377
As usual, John, you are spot on. 

BA

BA.........You're assessment above is correct..Can't tell much of anything with what is given other than money was found in a jar.. Looks like we're up with the HOOT OWLS!......Have a good one .
John in Va..

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11625.msg75851.html#msg75851

Johnlaw

Offline cccalco
Knights of the Golden Circle
Bronze Member

Knights of the Golden Circle
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

890.00 Gold
View Inventory

WWW Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2010, 10:17:52 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hidden Treasure in Arkansas - Ten Places to Search
By Frank Pandozzi

Arkansas is well know for hidden treasures. During the 1800's, the KGC (Knights of the Golden Circle), as well as the outlaw Jessie James, were known to have buried many treasures within Arkansas. Also, this State is well known for it's gold, silver and diamond mines. Many of these mines are lost mines due to collapsed entrances caused by both man and nature. Here are ten areas to search for treasures of every kind in Arkansas.

Ten Mile House is located on State route 5 approximately 9 miles south of Little Rock. This was an old tavern and became a headquarters For Federal troops in 1863. A few buried treasure tales are associated with this building.

Old Washington is an old ghost town located on State route 4 approximately 9 miles northwest of Hope. Old Washington was famous for the Bowie knife. Near the blacksmith shop a cache of buried Bowie knives were found. Who knows what else could be buried in the vicinity.

The Lost Diamond Mine is located somewhere near Murfreesboro.

The Lost William Flynn Diggings is somewhere east of Murfreesboro.

The Lost Field of Silver Mine located in the vicinity of Quachita.

The Lost Fred Conley Gold Mine located approximately 8 miles northwest of Eureka Springs in Carroll.

The Twin Springs Treasure is located somewhere near Wickes in Polk County. According to a legend, there is a very large cache of gold bars in the area. The bars were buried during the Civil War.

Stuart's Island is located near Lake Village on the northern corner of Lake Chicot. A tale of a treasure regarding a bandit by the name of John Murral, states that he may have buried two treasures on the Island in the early 1800's.

The Madre Vena Treasure is reported to be in excess of $100 million in gold and silver bullion. Supposedly, the lost treasure is buried near Pineville.

Jessie James the outlaw buried thousands in gold in the Brushy Mountains between Hot Springs and Plainview. The treasure was stolen from the Hot Springs stagecoach.

Good luck in your search for hidden treasure.

? Frank W. Pandozzi

Frank W. Pandozzi is an author, TV Producer of Exploring Historys Treasures TV series, and a popular treasure hunter. He began his "treasure hunting" days thirty years ago. To learn more about Frank, please visit him at his website

Please Register or Login

http://www.metal-detecting-ghost-towns-of-the-east.com

Article Source:

Please Register or Login

http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Frank_Pandozzi

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,11625.msg79190.html#msg79190

Knights of the Golden Circle Research and Archive