[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #40 on: January 04, 2010, 12:55:04 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by outback

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.islandnet.com/~the-gang/jesse14.jpg
   A bleed out from a behind headshot

They probably turned the head to make the exit wound less visible.

Quote:Posted by justint538
I'm not refering to the article cited in here by the CIA. and remember there is ALWAYS someone who is doing more than you. And maybe you should do some research from both sides instead of sitting on the easy side of the story.

What research have you done yourself? I'll bet anything that you have done none but instead rely on the Internet for your source. That, my friend, is a fatal flaw in any research. As to what I have done or not done, it's irrelevant to this discussion. You are the one who must defend a radical viewpoint. I'm just agreeing with history. You want to change history. It's an uphill battle for you, I'm afraid.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,792.msg65870.html#msg65870

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline justint538
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States
Referrals: 0

455.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace 250
« Reply #41 on: January 04, 2010, 04:32:10 am »
Go Up Go Down

I understand that and it will always be an uphill battle. I don't rely on searching the Internet for my facts but I do do real research on the topic and use other very reliable research. In the end the fact is we never will know the true story and sticking with the original is always easier then going against the grain.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,792.msg65881.html#msg65881

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #42 on: January 04, 2010, 06:05:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

I understand that and it will always be an uphill battle. I don't rely on searching the Internet for my facts but I do do real research on the topic and use other very reliable research. In the end the fact is we never will know the true story and sticking with the original is always easier then going against the grain.

You do no such thing. You rely on the research of others who are just as silly over the fiction you believe as fact. You guys all feed on each other. Nobody has done anything original since 1940 and you guys all line up thumping that Gospel of the KGC.

I'll bet you've never laid eyes on an original document from the 1800s to do with the James gang. I'll bet you don't even have notes on or photocopies of documents that you sighted with your own eyes. I'll bet every last thing you call evidence came to you on a platter from the guys who write the fantasy.

You may believe that I am trying to turn you away from your beliefs but that's not even close. I'm hoping that you might actually become an original thinker and researcher rather than a lemming following a group of people who only want you to bow down to their self proclaimed "expertise" on something that is simply not proven. Forget your dislike of me. Read my words as if they came from the person you respect most in this world. What you see here isn't scorn, mate. It's me treating you like an adult and offering an argument from the side of sanity.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,792.msg65889.html#msg65889

« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 06:13:04 am by GoldDigger1950 »

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline justint538
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

455.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace 250
« Reply #43 on: January 04, 2010, 01:32:15 pm »
Go Up Go Down

wow that couldnt be anymore wrong. I have been doing my own ORIGINAL research for the past 7 years.  I have refered to some other works to see what they think but i have never used them. I have been to several places. I have been to the Heaton Bowman Funeral Home where his autopsy was done and they have the documentation and log books. I have been to his Home Museum and also to the James Farm in Kearney. I have read several pieces of the original documentations about the James Gang, Jesse James, original pieces of work by Robert Ford and several others.

I'm really suprised that you have done absolutely no research about the latest research. For your sake I will name the biggest one and thats Ron Pastore. He has been doing his OWN ORIGINAL work for almost 20 years. Lets see 2009 minus 20 is....o yea! 1989! Wait 1989 is before 1940?Huh? Well looks like you are wrong.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,792.msg65971.html#msg65971

Offline treasuremomo
micmomo
Bronze Member

micmomo
Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

1990.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

I'VE USED MANY BRANDS AND MODELS-TESORO, WHITES,GARRETT,FISHER,NAUTILUS,D-TEX,WILSON NEUMAN,ETC.
« Reply #44 on: January 04, 2010, 02:23:12 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Some dang shure good arguments over the legend and actual truths of Jesse James and the mysteries of the Knights of the Golden Circle. AMUSING AND ENTERTAINING!!!
The famed writer Mark Twain (Samuel Clemmens),wrote an interesting book of which I have a copy called ON THE MISSISSIPPI or LIFE ON THE MISSISSIPPI in which he tells of several incidents where the Mississippi River flooded and shifted around. He said some towns on one side of the river wound up on the other side after big floods,etc. Some towns that were in one state ended up in the next state, etc. There's no telling what lies in the water of the Mississippi River or in the soil on either side of its banks.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,792.msg65980.html#msg65980

Offline Texas Jay
Bronze Member

Banned
Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

805.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Gold Stinger
« Reply #45 on: January 04, 2010, 03:30:57 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Justin, it seems you have your adversaries pinned down on this one as you have done your own research in places they have never been and will never be.  And you are right about the 1995 exhumation.  It was a fraud and proved nothing.  While our Bloody Bill Anderson Mystery group has extensive evidence that prove what I just said, here is one report that makes for interesting reading:

Posted by Betty Dorsett Duke on genforum.com in March 2007.  Betty Duke has probably done as much or more scientific investigation into the 1995 exhumation as anyone.
In 2001 Jim Riek, anchorman for NBC 8's KOMU TV out of Columbia,
Missouri, interviewed John Hartman, director of Clay County Parks at
the time of the 1995 exhumation, for his two-part award-winning
series. Hartman provided the strongest evidence yet that the 1995
exhumation smacks of cover-up: "Clay County property, (the remains of
Jesse James), were never returned and with that being the case
there's no way to repeat these tests. There's no way they can be
verified. We don't really know the results of the first set of tests.
Any good scientific work can stand peer review. The results could be
published as they were found, not as they have been framed or
sanitized for public consumption. The results were not presented in a
convincing enough manner to close the books on Jesse James."

Below is the only official death certificate for Jesse Woodson James

~Texas Jay

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,792.msg65999.html#msg65999

There are 1 attachment(s) in this post which you can not view or download

Please register for viewing them.

deathcertificate-JesseW.James(Dalton).jpg

Offline justint538
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

455.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace 250
« Reply #46 on: January 04, 2010, 04:35:47 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Yea that definitely was a big turn in the story line of the Jesse James death. Too bad some people (GD) just cant study both sides and figure out that there is substancial evidence for his death being faked.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,792.msg66024.html#msg66024

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #47 on: January 04, 2010, 04:43:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

wow that couldnt be anymore wrong. I have been doing my own ORIGINAL research for the past 7 years.  I have refered to some other works to see what they think but i have never used them. I have been to several places. I have been to the Heaton Bowman Funeral Home where his autopsy was done and they have the documentation and log books. I have been to his Home Museum and also to the James Farm in Kearney. I have read several pieces of the original documentations about the James Gang, Jesse James, original pieces of work by Robert Ford and several others.

I'm really suprised that you have done absolutely no research about the latest research. For your sake I will name the biggest one and thats Ron Pastore. He has been doing his OWN ORIGINAL work for almost 20 years. Lets see 2009 minus 20 is....o yea! 1989! Wait 1989 is before 1940?Huh? Well looks like you are wrong.

I hate to burst your bubble, but Pastore has been chasing rainbows with those Western novels for years. As I mentioned before...these conspiracy theories have been kicking around for years. Using a novel written by somebody else is not doing your own research  Wink

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,792.msg66028.html#msg66028

Offline justint538
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

455.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Ace 250
« Reply #48 on: January 04, 2010, 04:49:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

First off he has been doing his own research. Next, what Western novels has he been using? Finally, if for some reason he did use those Western novels then how did you come to the conclusion that Jesse James was killed in St Joseph MO? O probably stories that have been published through the years. Thats right I forgot that Jesse James was that important that they made stories about him.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,792.msg66031.html#msg66031

Offline Rational Observer
Silver Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United States

2730.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #49 on: January 04, 2010, 06:53:08 pm »
Go Up Go Down

First off he has been doing his own research. Next, what Western novels has he been using? Finally, if for some reason he did use those Western novels then how did you come to the conclusion that Jesse James was killed in St Joseph MO? O probably stories that have been published through the years. Thats right I forgot that Jesse James was that important that they made stories about him.

There are two different types of discussions on internet forums.

1) a discussion with validation to support claims/ideas
2) an argument that always ends in a stalemate because no validation is every supplied

This discussion is turning into a number 2      Literally

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,792.msg66062.html#msg66062

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 17   Go Up
Jump to: