[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline csharpTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
Australia
Referrals: 0

970.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

minelab
« on: April 06, 2010, 07:58:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi

I was recently updated to the new sections under Antiquities Law in Australia.

The new section now covers U.F.O's   -  Go Figure

under the Title - Science and Technology Advancement.

If my detector screamed and i located a Alien spaceship, i would claim it and say - i built it, because of escalating fuel prices.

whats next.....

regards

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13259.msg83759.html#msg83759

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
75%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2010, 10:29:01 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Government types, you've got to love 'em-----the worst thing about it is, that at least in the representational democracies we're ultimately responsible for empowering the loonies.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13259.msg83796.html#msg83796

Offline GoldDigger1950
The Old Man and the Soil
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Just call me GD.
The Old Man and the Soil
Thank you225

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 12

47848.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Garrett Groundhog ADS, Garrett Sea Hunter, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,Minelab Eldorado Mk II, Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Tiger Shark & A Few Home Brew Detectors
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2010, 03:04:49 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Just tell them it's from the future. Not an antiquity. None of their concern.

But no doubt they'll tax it somehow. What's the GST on a flying saucer?

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13259.msg83931.html#msg83931

It's all about that moment when metal that hasn't seen the light of day for generations frees itself from the soil and presents itself to me.
Let's Talk Treasure!

Offline edenoz
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

Australia

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2010, 04:41:32 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thats funny on the surface but deep down its totally maddening. I am really getting sick of the government  and its continual encroachment on  personal freedom.
I am guessing this would include meteorites, tektites of obscure origin as well.  I love the assumption that their claim to the scientific knowledge  of any found object is greater than the finders rights. We already dont control any mineral resources found on our land. We don't even own water rights any more.
So the solution of course is if you find something don't tell anyone or say you found it in the ocean People will be reluctant to  declare any found object and its value may be lost as a result. Way to go
If normally I found some item of scientific interest I wouldnt mind having it researched even held in safekeeping or for public view in a museum but I  dont see why I cant keep ownership as a finders right.
Anyway I find this law odious and illegal and  in contravention of my magna carta rights to own a weapon including alien death rays and thus declare it null and void 

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13259.msg96214.html#msg96214

Offline Richard Ray
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

325.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

many
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2010, 04:15:56 am »
Go Up Go Down

I know that the way the Texas Antiquities Law is worded, that legally, anything laying on or under the ground and bed of the sea belongs to the state. So IF interrupted loosely, even trash would belong to the state. I've read the law, copied it hundreds of times for my college students, been "called" to the  antiquities offices in Austin and understand how the law CAN be interrupted, by local judges. I've meet with J. Barto Arnold lll several times and still respect what he was trying to do. But there are many misconceptions and misunderstandings about the law and the way it should be interrupted.  I've confronted them many times. Even two Texas Senators got on my case and the US Customs Department took me to court as well. I successfully beat them off, without lawyers, because I understood the laws... In Texas...
   Col. Richard Byrd Ray

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13259.msg133680.html#msg133680

Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, 05:27:03 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hello Richard Ray

That problem seems to be a universal problem. I do not condone looting of archeological sites or whole sale destruction of such sites either. Treasure hunting is as old as prostitution.

But I do believe private enterprise has a role as well institutional archeology profession.
After all we can privatize water, electricity, prisons etc why can't we privatize the archeology profession?

Why is my hard earned taxpayer dollars supporting a small elitist group of academics wonderful lifestyle. And when I want to find out what they really do I have to pay then to see their work?

Some thing like a British potable antiquities scheme should act as guide to a fairer system for all.

But sadly All I see at the moment is cash grab by the states in many countries which will do more damage to cultural assets in the long term.  Because if they are driving treasure hunting underground. They will cause many items to disappear through the black market either to melted down or to never see the light of day.

The Irony of it all some of the most amazing finds in history has been found by amateurs.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13259.msg133685.html#msg133685

Offline Richard Ray
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States

325.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

many
« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2010, 05:57:29 am »
Go Up Go Down

Hardluck:
    Archeological sites are another subject. Several times, both overseas and here in the USA, I've made significant archaeological discoveries and reported them to the proper authorities only to garner no interest because THEY didn't make the discovery.. Only to return at a later time and find the entire site looted. So sad... I guess that title behind their name is really important..
     Richard

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,13259.msg133693.html#msg133693

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: