[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline overhill
Copper Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

305.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #90 on: September 02, 2011, 06:33:24 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by wwjdmar
I found a beautiful engagement ring valued around $4 - 5,000 by our local jewelers.  I wanted to see if it had been reported lost so I called my local police - who promptly came over and took it.  They said if it was unclaimed, it would become police property.  Is this true???  I asked if I had to give it to them, and they said I would be in possession of lost or stolen property and that was against the law.  Just trying to find out what my rights were - I really would like to see it reunited with it's owner - but if not, I would LOVE to keep it myself!  THANKS

This reminds me of a wallet i found on a 7/11  parking lot one morning about 8 years ago. I picked it up, got my coffee and continued to work. It had 283.00 dollars and credit cards in it. There was no phone # or address, so i called the police and they came and picked it up and said they would return it to the owner. A few days later, i stopped at the same 7/11 and there was a sign at the counter offering a reward for return of the wallet. when i got to work ,i called the number and told him were the wallet was. The police told him that they misplaced it.  He did get it back eventually.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,977.msg193256.html#msg193256

Print
Pages:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10    Go Up
Jump to: