[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline LeRoy SilverTopic starter
Bronze Member

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

1431.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: November 23, 2010, 10:28:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

I have been looking at some laws about metal detecting in Ohio and ran across the law in each city or town may not be the same. While I was in Dublin Ohio I wanted to hunt at a place called Griggs Dam. I was cautious and called the Parks Dept and kindly asked permission to hunt. The lady said yes I could but I could not dig into the ground. Surface finds only to my surprise. It didnt take me long to drive back home. Make sure that you ask before you go out it could save you a fine or even your equiptment and vehicle. The State Parks are beach hunting only here also. So research the place you are going if owned by the local or state govt.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19474.msg127756.html#msg127756

Offline BitburgAggie_7377
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Platin Member

Define Treasure
Klugheit und Verstandnis
Thank you116

Activity
73%

United States

26045.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Fisher Impulse , Tesoro Lobo SuperTraq, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Compadre, Garrett AT Max, Whites Sierra Super Trac
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 10:37:41 pm »
Go Up Go Down

That's an important point....lot's of people assume that the laws are the same everywhere--but that's not the case.  Heck not only can the laws vary from state to state or city to city, but even in a given "location", the laws can vary.   For instance, the laws for hunting county parks in Maricopa County, Arizona are not necessarily the same laws that apply to hunting city parks in Phoenix.   And what's legal in the Phoenix may not be legal when you cross the street into Glendale, Arizona.
     Fortunately, in this day and age, the laws are usually as close as the internet if you look at the search the city, county, or state government web pages.....or you could do things the old fashioned way and call someone (and hope you picked the right department to ask--hint, it usually isn't the police). 
     Either way, it's best to find out the answers BEFORE you leave, but if you can't do that, at least find out where you need to go and who you need to talk to when you get there before you leave.

BA

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19474.msg127761.html#msg127761

Offline cjanoe55
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United States

20.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2010, 07:38:33 pm »
Go Up Go Down

The laws actually goes further than that.  In some zones and or neighbor hoods you can also have restrictions.  Then in just Private properties you can have allot, too.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,19474.msg130134.html#msg130134

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: