[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages: 1    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline KimberTopic starter
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%
Male
United States
Referrals: 0

40.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« on: April 30, 2012, 08:25:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

During the afternoon of 4/27 I telephoned the office of a Florida city’s Parks and Leisure Department and asked the person who answered the telephone if metal detecting was allowed on city property.  She replied that she didn’t know, but that I was the first person she knew of that had presented this question.  She said that she would check and get back to me.  On the morning of 4/30 she called me and stated that “I could metal detect, but would not be allowed to dig up any items I may have detected.”  I replied that was comparable to going to a restaurant and not being allowed to order.  She replied that if Mding was allowed that there would be digging all over city property and that wouldn’t be permitted.  I then politely asked if there were any city ordnances or laws in effect that would stop me from Mding; whereupon she replied that the police would arrest me for “destruction of property”.  I then reiterated the canned statement that I would refill all holes I may dig and that I would remove and dispose of all trash that I uncovered during my Mding.  I also advised that a small garden trowel (Lesche) would all I would be using to dig with.  The final answer from her was “NO!”  I’m certain that she was just the mouthpiece for some twit that didn’t have the nerve to personally address me him or herself.  This particular city has over 20 parks, several with lake beaches, and no one can tell me that no one else hasn’t MD’d on any or all of them before.  I fully intend to stop by the city’s main Police Station tomorrow and get the word directly from the horse’s mouth.  You would think that I was attempting to strip mine their parks by the way this office treated me,

I have previously secured a County MD Permit as well as contacting another city, as large as this one, and was told to “have at it, but to keep off the athletic fields.”

To me this is just another example of uneducated people imposing their personal will on others…today’s name of the game.

Linkback:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36225.msg221977.html#msg221977

Offline au fever
Mod
Silver Member

Thank you84

Activity
0%

Australia

3950.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

whites MXT Pro , minelab GPX 4000
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2012, 09:17:39 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Welcome from Nt Australia , looks like you will be going in to battle against the beauracracy ,  goodluck .cheers Mick

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36225.msg221982.html#msg221982

Offline cache
Knight
Silver Member

NOT INGAGING IN IGNORANCE IS WISDOM
Thank you123

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4335.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Troy Shadow's,  X2, X2 and X3
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2012, 10:26:04 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. It will help me next time for sure as I have hunted beachs in the pan handle of Flo. and never gave it a seconds thought I needed permission to hunt there however I'm hunting beachs. I will check for approval before I hunt them again. I realize your talking parks but what about the beachs? I need to find out and your post made me think of it, thanks and good luck getting permission!   Great

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36225.msg221986.html#msg221986

Always set your detector knobs on high dedication, higher devotion and at the highest persistence

Seconds Of Madness   Monster Munch   Military Snow  
Offline Homefire
Global Moderator
Platin Member

Thank you662

Activity
0%
Male
United States

52360.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2012, 10:29:03 pm »
Go Up Go Down

By Florida Law Between the Tide lines on beaches are no mans land.     

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36225.msg221987.html#msg221987

Offline cache
Knight
Silver Member

NOT INGAGING IN IGNORANCE IS WISDOM
Thank you123

Activity
0%
Male
United States

4335.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards

Troy Shadow's,  X2, X2 and X3
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2012, 10:37:29 pm »
Go Up Go Down

thanks homie, your the man!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36225.msg221989.html#msg221989

Always set your detector knobs on high dedication, higher devotion and at the highest persistence

Seconds Of Madness   Monster Munch   Military Snow  
Offline hardluck
Gold Member

Thank you8

Activity
0%

8875.00 Gold
View Inventory

Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2012, 05:40:14 am »
Go Up Go Down

This is a problem world over.

Bureaucrats are afraid of their jobs and it easy to say no. The trouble is there is no consensus with authorities on what should be allowed and what shouldn't. One of the fears of local governments is the cost of being sued by the public tripping over holes left by unscrupulous metal detectorists . The irony is anyone applying for permission to search is in fact showing they are conscientious metal detectorists.

Hardluck

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,36225.msg222036.html#msg222036

Print
Pages: 1    Go Up
Jump to: