[x] Welcome at THunting.com!

A fun place to talk about Metal Detecting, Treasure Hunting & Prospecting. Here you can share finds and experience with thousands of members from all over the world

Join us and Register Now - Its FREE & EASY

THunting.com
Treasure Hunting & Metal Detecting Community

Advanced Search
Welcome, Guest! Please login or register HERE - It is FREE and easy.
Only registered users can post and view images on our message boards.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with email, password and session length
Or Login Using Social Network Account
News:
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Down
Print
Share this topic on FacebookShare this topic on Del.icio.usShare this topic on DiggShare this topic on RedditShare this topic on Twitter
Tags:
Offline Waulespan
Bronze Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United Kingdom
Referrals: 0

665.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.10.5
Mac OS X 10.10.5
Safari 10.1.2
Safari 10.1.2

Awards

Minelab Explorer
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2019, 06:21:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

Quote:Posted by Treasure4all
Thanks for the invite I would love to but I am miles away from that location! Going by an online news article from last year, I just read the police are trying to dissuade people from panning there. So now I know your comment was just tongue in cheek Grin. But I am still just leaning about gold prospecting. I am a complete novice. I'm checking where we stand regarding the law before I get into this. However, I maybe just the person to help you with those heavy boulders. Not afraid of the cold either hah. I am a beach person. Out in all weathers, rain, snow, sub zero temperatures. I love a challenge. Once I get stuck into something, I give it my all, my very best. I never give up either! Have been very successful using a MD in the past, I found a pot load of lost gold jewellery on the beaches among other treasure.

Jolly good, you have to be hardy and not a snowflake. I did 18 days in January, and it was mild for me on the whole. I had about ten novices visit me and help for a day or two last year, each got a small amount, although one was very lucky and found a 3.2 gram nugget. The article in May last year was based on the wildlife police so called investigation, and this really annoyed the local police who were innundated with too many calls about suspicious activity in the rivers. Local police are friendly with me as they know I am helpful to the public, I am a tourist attraction really. You need a campervan and at least a week at a time to work a spot well.

Have you seen this on the Mineral UK website? They are promoting the Crown Estate's false notion:

You are not allowed to view links.
Please Register or Login

https://www.bgs.ac.uk/mineralsuk/planning/legislation/mineralOwnership.html

Thanks for this link as well, very general and therefore inaccurate under scrutiny. I am going to make a new FOI request to the Crown Estate Scotland to put them on the spot about the misinformation.
I will post the response here in due course, but it could take many weeks and possibly a complaint to the Information Commissioner Scotland if the response is inaccurate.

Quote: "Gold and silver
The Crown holds the rights to gold and silver. This is the case across the whole of the UK although in the past, in Scotland, some rights were transferred by ancient charter. The mines of these metals are known as ‘Mines Royal’. The Crown Estate grants exclusive options to take a lease of 'Mines Royal' for a specific area. These options must be obtained from the Crown Estate Mineral Agent, Wardell Armstrong. Exploration and access rights must be obtained from the landowner."

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25800.msg327753.html#msg327753

« Last Edit: February 06, 2019, 04:08:54 pm by GoldDigger1950 »
Offline Treasure4all
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

55.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 64.0.3282.140
Chrome 64.0.3282.140

Awards
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2019, 06:47:20 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Great to hear of your gold prospecting adventures. It's a good thing to have some company. Glad some nice gold was found....wow!

Thanks for filling me in on the article. It all sounds to me like someone was trying to blow things all out proportion.

Good luck with the FOI request. I look forward to hearing what the Crown Estate have to say on the matter.

Any more information on the 'Douglas nugget'? All went quiet. The media reported that the Crown Estate tried to claim the valuable gold nugget. News outlets reported that the owner has put the find in a safety deposit box. So he is concerned the Crown Estate may still try to take it away from him! I don't know.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25800.msg327755.html#msg327755

Offline Waulespan
Bronze Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

665.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.10.5
Mac OS X 10.10.5
Safari 10.1.2
Safari 10.1.2

Awards

Minelab Explorer
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2019, 04:26:05 am »
Go Up Go Down

Great to hear of your gold prospecting adventures. It's a good thing to have some company. Glad some nice gold was found....wow!

Thanks for filling me in on the article. It all sounds to me like someone was trying to blow things all out proportion.

That's right, or they would have arrested me years ago.

Good luck with the FOI request. I look forward to hearing what the Crown Estate have to say on the matter.

I put the request in yesterday evening.

Any more information on the 'Douglas nugget'? All went quiet. The media reported that the Crown Estate tried to claim the valuable gold nugget. News outlets reported that the owner has put the find in a safety deposit box. So he is concerned the Crown Estate may still try to take it away from him! I don't know.
I don't know who the mystery prospector was, but perhaps Leon Kirk does. He should be interested in the result of my FOI. Crown Estate Scotland wouldn't want to be caught committing a fraud against the prospector I am sure. He might have to give them 10% of it though!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25800.msg327758.html#msg327758

Offline Treasure4all
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

55.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 64.0.3282.140
Chrome 64.0.3282.140

Awards
« Reply #23 on: March 03, 2019, 04:25:08 am »
Go Up Go Down

Have you had a response yet Waulespan to your FOI request regarding the Crown Estate? I am very interested to know what it says, thanks!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25800.msg327959.html#msg327959

Offline Treasure4all
Pull Tab

Thank you0

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

55.00 Gold
View Inventory
Windows NT 10.0
Windows NT 10.0
Chrome 64.0.3282.140
Chrome 64.0.3282.140

Awards
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2019, 06:37:18 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Any chance of an update on the FOI request? I am very interested to know if you got the response you were hoping for? Thanks!

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25800.msg328803.html#msg328803

Offline Waulespan
Bronze Member

Thank you5

Activity
0%

United Kingdom

665.00 Gold
View Inventory
Mac OS X 10.10.5
Mac OS X 10.10.5
Safari 10.1.2
Safari 10.1.2

Awards

Minelab Explorer
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2019, 05:43:14 pm »
Go Up Go Down

Hi, apologies I missed your request for info. It was a bit of a non-answer, and I decided to leave it for now as there are other more important issues going on locally. But I will keep everyone posted when I get more info.

Linkback:

Please Register or Login

http://www.thunting.com/smf/index.php/topic,25800.msg329030.html#msg329030

Print
Pages:  1 2 3    Go Up
Jump to: